Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yourself in the third person.

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    It's my legal loophole way of avoiding responsibility for any ill-advised statements or pictures I post in the event a perspective employer has concerns or issues about what I post. For example "Future job candidate many of the statements which you have posted on the forum you participate concerns us." That's when I use the "hey that was Jocelyn, not me(male version) card/loophole.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

I don't know why but on Christmas my gf gave me a makeup mirror and said, "This is for April." Maybe because once we choose a name, it's fun to use it? It is an interesting observation, maybe just one of those things some pepple do and others don't, like wearing red lipstick.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

It can be useful for those shopping in drab with their partner as they can refer to their female side without arousing suspicion especially if they have kids who dont know.

e.g. Do you think Shelly would like this blouse
    Shelly

Super Moderator....How to tell your partner......Abbreviations

Just a girl at heart too Kerigirl2009's Avatar
    I do it so others will know I am talking about Keri and not talking about Kevin, otherwise it could get confusing.

LOL
    I wish I had the courage to just be myself and live my life how I want

I do it. Primarily, it is just to convey which one of me is doing something e.g. "Duana's going out tonight." shows that I'm going out dressed. But I do think of her as a bit of a different person than my guy side. Not like total multiple personality disorder but some

This thread gave me a flashback to that "Seinfeld" episode wherein there was a guy who referred to himself in the 3rd person ("Jimmy, this..." and "Jimmy that....") and, naturally, that quirk in references was taken to its comedic extreme.....

Okey Dokey, here is TMI (too much info) on the subject

Me, myself, I, and she asked Eluuzion and she said the term for that is illeism (act of referring to oneself in the third person (degree). The “meaning” depends upon the circumstances in which it is used. It is a popular approach used by authors in text media. It is a common well-adjusted stage seen in 2-4 year old children with “invisible friends”. It can become a tool used by adults to accomplish various objectives. Etc...etc...

There are disorders (NPD) narcissistic personality disorder, schizophrenia as well as a few others where the patient can display this behavior. There are also people that display this behavior that have no confirmed clinical diagnosis of any disorder.

There are explanations that lack the magical and mystical romance of fairy dust interventions altering cognitive processes.
    They provide logical and document able explanations of personal agendas and creative strategies of people trying to ultimately erase the connection between their actions and their accountability for them.

It takes many forms and varies in intensity from basic concealment to the creation of an "invisible friend" that is capable of independent thought and actions out of their control.

It is all about creating distance from your actions by shifting blame away from yourself in order to escape the guilt and consequences of your behavior.

In this case, the ultimate objective might be to create a game with a rule that states that any time you put on a dress, you become exempt from any ownership of your actions or the consequences that always follow. It is much more “real” and entertaining when played on the internet than it is playing it in the F2F world of “real life”.

"It wasn't me...it was her".

Just another personal "theory" that may be applicable to a few, many or nobody.

I predict it won’t be a popular one on this forum

It is not specific to crossdressing. It can relate to many issues in life. I am just sharing thoughts, not pointing a finger at anyone.

HaveFun/BeHappy,

Me, Myself, I, her ...and eluuzion
    Last edited by eluuzion; 01-02-2013 at 05:36 PM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Eryn View Post
    To me, it is just a convenient way to indicate that I am talking about myself in an "en femme" state.
    Yep! I'll add another comment of agreement. Well said Eryn.

I dream in third person, I never looking through my own eyes but see things happening in 3rd person
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

A little affectation is all, for me at least. Reminiscent of grandeur, such as the queen: "We are not amused".

I've always led a multicompartmentalized life.... A group of work friends would know me as one person - straight forward hard working, then I had a group of friends that I would meet up with after work and I would be a different person - hard charging fun to be around, then I would have this other group "online", where my inner self comes out to be completly different than the other two... And never can any of these groups know about the other or the world as I know it would come to a crashing halt.

Someday, when I get a whole bunch of zeros in my checking account I'll let me be me and send care to the wind about the walls that I've built up over the years...

So that's why...

Renne.....

Quote Originally Posted by Bree Wagner View Post
    Yep! I'll add another comment of agreement. Well said Eryn.
    I am that way too. I use it for convenience and maybe just being too lazy to fully spell or word it out in text, or maybe to say "yes, Allie will be going out tomorrow night". I also may use it when talking to someone who knows Allie when we are in front of people who know Al. That way we can have a conversation about this side of my or our lives without really revealing anything to those around us, including family.

I also get that funny look on my face or in my mind when someone talks and writes only in the third person when referring to themselves. Here is a great Seinfeld episode that illustrates it well.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Apa0nG1OfUc

...well.... because................yeah thats right it's me Debra

Gold Member
    I go with the masses. I often state things like "I was in Sue mode". This doesn't refer to identities or personalities as there is only me. But just a description of my presentation.

The two of me

I don't shift between id's, doesn't matter if I am dressed or not, in my head I am mostly Velece, that's who I would choose to be if I could 24/7. I started just dressing at home for myself, but soon realized that it was much more than that. Too old to transition, so I just enjoy what I can.
    Velece

It may have something to do with how much one leans toward TS. At least for me, once I accepted that I was TS, then my two selves reintegrated into one persona. I am both now at the same time. Perhaps other that are more just on the CD side do see themselves as two persona.

Edy

Yes I guess your right, but I would not feel comfortable at the store if my wife would say do you want this dress or this color. Sounds a little better when she says, do you think Maria would like this dress. I do relate Maria as a third person maybe it's time to change that.

Maria, why do you feel that way in the first place? Are you worried maybe that your wife would accidentally out you to someone nearby or a sales agent. It is wonderful that your wife is on your side and maybe her example of not worrying what she says when out with you is because she is comfortable with who you are and how you present yourself. You could learn from her acceptance and then make it your own. That may help with that change you are considering.

I think of myself as Leah, and often use male pronouns to refer to my other identity. He is functional; he has the job. After work, I take over. I wish I could transition and leave that identity behind.

Riddle me this: Why do politicians always say "we" when referring to themselves?
    I'm not comparing us to politicians, just pointing out that there are some strange conventions out there.

So sayeth Rhonda. :-)

Quote Originally Posted by lauren_m View Post
    Yeah, what Eryn said. I don't think many of use the third person in everyday conversation, but when we we're discussing TG issues and need to differentiate between our guy and girl sides/states/presentations, I find that third person is the easiest way to do so.
    I do this, too. For example, if I'm talking to my sisters or mother or someone how else do I distinguish between me as my usual drab male self vs. me as my femme side? It's all me, but I don't know a better way to make that distinction when it is needed for clarity.

Roses are red, violets are blue;
    I'm schizophrenic and so am I.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I think both Eryn and Maria have good points as to usage. When I'm conversing here, I will sometimes use "Amy" as a shortcut for saying "me-as-Amy." So for instance, saying, "One day, Amy will walk the streets unafraid..." is like saying, "One day, I will walk the streets as Amy unafraid..." Or saying "I would take Amy to the top of Mount Evans" is actually more like saying "I would go, dressed as Amy, to the top of Mount Evans." (I would, but that drive is a white-knuckler even in drab...and my fiancee was having breathing trouble even at the level of Summit Lake, about a thousand feet below the peak...)

When we're in public, say, browsing through the women's section at Walmart, my fiancee and I will say things like "This might look good on Amy," or something like that. We know what we mean by it, but referring to Amy in the third-person feminine keeps us from accidentally outing me to whoever might be near enough to hear.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

I noticed that people speak that way but never really paid attention to it. I know I don't think that way and don't refer to myself in the third person. Thanks for bringing that to light.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Quote Originally Posted by DianeDeBris View Post
    Roses are red, violets are blue;
    I'm schizophrenic and so am I.
    Now thats funny