Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What it you were given a choice

Wish i realised earlier though, always knew there was something different, and the fact that I am a shy person dont help much either...Still trying to find myself exactly, and to come out of the closet... O Well, Its a stressfull and confusing time in my life at the moment.
    I take one day at a time though, and am enjoying the new female part of myself.
    Finding a partner i guess would be challanging though. (Im straight),
    But would I change anything so far??? Hell No! Im enjoying everything so far!!!

Yeah, in common with many, I wish Id known/understood what I am and come out way earlier.
    I do wonder if my confused, miserable, bullied 14 year old self was around today whether I wouldn't have taken the early transition path slowly becoming available to teens today.
    Girls who are boys, Who like boys to be girls, Who do boys like they're girls, Who do girls like they're boys, Always should be someone you really love

I came out at age 50 which means I wasted over 40 years LOL.

How I Wish I Looked!!! Jessica_M's Avatar
    This is probably a stretch of the question.... I think I am where I am because of the choices I've already made. I did decide many many years ago to grab whatever little bits of time I could to let Jessica develop. As others here have said... I am so greatfull to have Jessica, I couldn't imagine making any decision that would change my ability to become Jessica. My only regret is that I do still "steal time" to be Jessica, as Jessica is not "out", and wish that I had more time to live as Jessica... although I would never want to change having the family in my life that I am fortunate to have. It is a dilemma..and I don't know where it's going to lead.

Banned Read only
    I think I chose well and have enjoyed every day since.

I wouldn't change a thing. Its been fun from the start and it is still fun more than a half century later.

I've thought about this for the last couple days and other than no I wouldn't change, but...
    I wish I could go back to when I was 13 and ate nothing but Doritos for the summer...still working on that belly.
    I wish today was my 22nd birthday, but I had the same paycheck, knowledge, propery, savings I have now.
    I wish when I was 19 I didn't work out so much giving this broad chest.
    I wish that size two clothes didn't look so much better on the rack than my size or that I was a size 2.
    Time to wake up from dreaming...thanks!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    There are those who look at things the way they are, and ask why... I dream of things that never were, and ask why not? JFK
    If "pro" is the opposite of "con", then Progress is the opposite of CONGRESS! Gallagher

http://www.flickr.com/photos/aimeecinn/

To be more concise: I would not change that part of myself. Being a cross-dresser is part of who I am. I would never want that taken away from me, nor would I give it up if I had been given a choice back when I was 4.

I totally misread the OP, and didn't understand the question properly, hence the edit.

I came to the realization that I am a bisexual cross-dresser in my early 40's. After a lot of self-analysis I decided I probably had been latently predisposed to those things since a very early age, and had successfully suppressed them for thirty-five years or so.

I suppose that if I could have never found those things about myself that I might be happier now, but I really doubt that was possible. Life has a way of catching up with our inner selves in the long run.

My daydreams run more to the "what if I'd only found out sooner" variety.

I am now close to 60, and I expect that if the world had been as relatively open when I was 13 or 14 as it is now, that maybe I might have experimented, and discovered self-truths a lot sooner. But, the fact is that the world was what it was in the 1960's and early 1970's, and gender experimentation and choice was not even remotely considered to be an option by persons who did not feel at a very early age like a woman in a man's body. For me, there were incidents which evoked occasional confusion and questions, but those were easily pushed into the background by familial and social pressure to succeed at sports, education, military service, marriage, fatherhood, and career advancement. They came back with full force when I started wondering who I really was, and helped me realize how much I had been sublimating and suppressing.

It's fun to occasionally day-dream about what life would have been like if I'd arrived at the point where I am presently when I was 18 or 20, but in order for that to have occurred I'd have to wish away my children and grandchildren, and whatever I accomplished in my public life as an athlete, student, soldier, and professional. I've had plenty of losses, disappointments, and failures, too, and, while they hurt, and some still sting in my memory occasionally when I cannot get to sleep at night, I wouldn't wish them away because they are all part of the package called Life.

So, my final answer is, No, I would change nothing.
    Last edited by StarrOfDelite; 01-04-2013 at 01:28 PM.

I have asked myself this question many times over the last 20 years. If I could change anything I would of had my parents make a different decision when I was born. Instead of fixing the boy parts make them girl parts and raise me as a girl. I think I would have been happier and more complete as a person. Unfortunately we don't have this option to go back and change things we can only move forward and hope/pray that we make the right decisions now.

I knew I had a fem side as early as 4 or 5 years old. I would have accepted who I am a lot sooner, saved myself years of self doubt, confusion, and misery. I kind of like having two people living inside me. I get the insight and viewpoints of both genders. I don't think I would want to give up who I am.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    Simple really Hon. I would have chosen to be a girl of course. I would be a family matriarch by now.
    That's deep. Me too.

I'm in the minority on this subject, if I had a choice I wouldn't be a crossdresser. After almost 30 years of feelings of why am I doing this, this is wrong, why am I putting on women's clothes and the physiological analyzing of myself, it was hard. Within the last year I've finally started to accept it as part of me. I still put a lot of limitations on dressing but hey, baby steps, it took me along time to get to this point
    I'm the man(girl) in the box
    Buried in my sh*t
    Won't you come and save me, save me...
    Alice in Chains

Just getting my feet wet Marie-Elise's Avatar
    My problem was self awareness from the time I was a nine year old kid stealing my sister's panties and wearing them under my clothes. I was not aware this was a "thing". I mean, throughout my teens, twenties, thirties and half my forties until I told my wife and found this site, it was not a "thing" for me. I just got sexually excited when I wore female clothing. I did it once in a while in private but it was never something that I thought of as an identity.

The night I told my wife this turns me on, she had me put on her slip and watched me get aroused. The next day, I found this site and encouraged her to join and see what it's about but, to the best of my knowledge, she has not done that. That night, though, was the first time I thought of myself as a crossdresser (meaning: identified myself as such).

So, if I could go back twenty years, I would have experimented with crossdressing as an identity. I think I would have made a pretty girl. I am curious today what I would look like as a full dressed and made up woman.

Crossdressing Newbie
    I would stay as I am, because I love the feelings that crossdressing offers me!

I'll tell ya like my grandpa would tell me, "I wouldn't trade this life for all the money in the world, but I wouldn't pay a dime for another one just like it."

I wouldn't do much differently. Maybe come out to my GG friends sooner than my late 20s. Other than that, I'm pretty content with the way things are.