Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What it you were given a choice

What it you were given a choice

Ok, let's go back to when you were 4 or 5 or 14 or 40 something.... whenever you first began to realize you were "different". Then think about from that point until where you are now.....considering your relationships, friends, family, career choices, losses, failures and successes.

If you had a wish that was granted, would you go back and choose to not be this. Would you wish that this was not a part of your life and you never had to deal with the issues of your life regarding being different. What would you do?

I know most of you are happy that you are who you are, and so am I. But if you could choose, what would you choose?

Just curious to see how many would choose to not be this.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

I would do it all again except i wish i had come out of the closet earlier. I love who i am xx

I think I would have taken the same path only come out sooner.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Like Gail, I would do it all again. But I wouldn't have stopped going out dressed. I did so three or four times back in my mid-20s and loved it. But then I met the woman who is now my wife, and pulled myself into the closet big-time. I wish I had kept going with going out.

Seems like the theme is starting sooner. That would have been my wish as well. Still love doing it,but wish I would of started going out when I was younger.

I agree, I would have started coming out much sooner. I think if I could really change anything though the one thing I would change if I could would be to have been born a girl.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Id keep everything the same. but would have told my wife. first before she had found my things.
    Renee

Like the others I would have come out sooner. I would not have kept it from my wife even though I may have not been able to marry her. This is part of who I am and its also a very fun part. Dressing and make-up and playing the girl parts of life are very rewarding in their own ways.

Funny that even though I also enjoy much of my man life I wish I could have had real boobs.

Hugs to all for the new year.

Victoria
    Many who have spent a lifetime in it can tell us less of love than the child that lost a dog yesterday. -Thornton Wilder, writer (1897-1975)

Victoria Kate. My friends call me Katie.

I was around 12 years old when I began to realise I was different and began tentative dressing and fervently wishing I was a girl. There were indications earlier though. I had no real clue what it all meant. Different times, far less information. I would wish that I knew then what I know now.

In theory that is. Because in reality I would change nothing. Simply because I have two beautiful little boys and would do nothing that would cause them never to exist. So I'm stuck really!

Yes I still would have been who I am now but certainly would not have had so many relationships to deny my inner feelings. I would have surround myself with more accepting people.

I would not have changed anything. I am happy with the person I am. Regrets, what if's, are a waste of energy and emotion. Embrace who you are and be happy.
    Hugs

Simple really Hon. I would have chosen to be a girl of course. I would be a family matriarch by now.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    It seems this subject crops up every several weeks, if not more. For me, I fully accept who I am. That being said, if I never was a cross dresser because I never had the urge, that would be fine with me. Life would certainly have been less complicated. I'm sure the number of men who have suffered great angst over their dressing would be in agreement.

It's hard to say. On the one hand I've enjoyed the few times I've been able to express myself. On the other hand I wish it didn't cause so much turmoil in my life. I think if I had to choose I would chose to not be the way I am, it has just caused to many problems. However if I could start over completely and choose my gender from the start I would have chosen female.
    How often do you daydream about finding a genie's lamp...

Thanks for the replies so far. looks like most of you, so far, wouldn't change anything. but I'm not looking for choices you have or have not made along the way, but if you could choose to have never been this in the first place. Stephanie and Sylvermane seem to think life would have been easier otherwise.

Let me know what the rest of you think.
    I just couldn't wear my big girl panties today.

I get too much enjoyment from dressing to not have it in my life. I would keep it the same no matter.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

I think i would have not been born with this tendency, as it has helped make my life very lonely, isolated, in conflict with religion, society, and others.

No way I'd want to miss all the fun I've had over the last few years through crossdressing.
    "We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think." - The Buddha

Probably prefer not to have been born this way, but i'd still like to have been aware of it- it's offered some great insights on relating to GG (genetic girls) throughout the years. Then again, I'm assuming some of my problems growing up were related to being a CD, which they may not have been.

But if born, say to parents of my siblings age (meaning 20-24 years later than i was, or even only 12 years later than I was, would have made fitting into society much easier.

I might have opted to be female, but the female siblings in my family are a little wacky, then again so are the guys. Definately would have been different. probably would not have joined the Army, which had a positive influence despite plenty of negatives too.

And also of course, just what Ally said just above!!

Good question, (Not that I have not been thinking about this at least once a week for the last third of a century...)

Last edited by Krististeph; 01-02-2013 at 05:53 PM.

It's kind of like the butterfly effect, where in the end he figures out that he never should have met the girl when he was little in the first place, the entire timeline would be different. If only my folks didn't send me over to the neighbors house all those many years ago (I was 4 - neighbor's kid GG was 5) and if only I didn't see that balerina dress in their living room and if only my folks didn't send me over there a few days later ..... Then again.... fast forward a whole bunch of decades... if only the internet was invented a couple of decades earlier..... yada yada yada.... too many if onlys.

Life is a series of events and choices... each one has an effect on the rest of your life...

Renne......

I would be anything else if I could. An addiction to anything, a hobby to occupy all my time, or even born a female would meet my approval. Not that I don't enjoy the way I am, nor do I have any regrets but having fear or contempt in some of the basic activities in life is less than desireable.

As much as this was a huge struggle at times I'm totally fine with it now. I only wish I knew what was going on earlier in my life and embraced it sooner.

Hi Jayne,
    This is a tricky one.
    Given the cost to my Marriage and the amount of potential female partners that are put off and are threatened by crossdressing , I probably would say I would prefer not to crossdress.
    In saying that , The thrill of wearing womens attire and the choice of clothing /fabrics ,underwear, make up, that men dont have , makes crossdressing fun and something I know That will always be part of my life.
    So it is a double-edged sword really.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar

Talking I love these "3 wishes" kinds of threads!

#1. Live forever and never age past year 21. (Is that one wish?) Yes! Because I wish it so!

#2. Everything I want whenever I want it!

#3. Shape changer. Into anything, anyone, any gender, any time! Woof! Woof!
    (Not my best choice of shapes!)
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Guess I'm in the minority but if I could go back and not have this be a part of my life I would definitely choose that. I've accepted myself as a crossdresser and definitely enjoy it but it has caused a lifetime of stress, anxiety and sneaking around behind the backs of everyone I love. It's put a strain on my marriage since coming out to my non-accepting wife. No doubt in my mind I wish I wasn't born this way...