Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I am baby smooth......

Yea! I love the feeling of smooth skin and get depressed when I forget to shave for a while cuz I hate the feeling of body hair!!

I started on hormones about a year ago and today almost all the hair from neck down has gone away. I guess I shave about as much as a GG does. It really feels great to have smooth legs, chest, and arms all the time. It sure cuts down on how long it takes to get dressed.

I go back and forth these days between epilation (ouch! but worth the pain), Nair, and plain old shaving. Regardless of the method, always so wonderful to find myself once again smooth and soft, as I am tonight… Nearly impossible these days to jump over the gender fence without this chore behind me!
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I have no intention of ever letting my fur grow back.

I have been shaving my legs for two winters now. I had the hair on my chest and forearms removed by laser. I can't enjoy dressing en femme with any chest or arm hair, but I can hide the leg hair with stockings in summer.

But, I am debating whether to keep shaving my legs this summer. Has anyone had to try to explain this to anyone or had a bunch of strange stares when you are in guy mode? I do a lot of active things in summer (tennis, the pool, etc.), and I wear shorts all the time. I would love to hear some retorts that shut down any critiques or inquiries about the smooth legs!
    Last edited by Keri L; 01-03-2013 at 09:22 PM. Reason: Typos

I am smooth all over except for the head. I use a combination of shaving and epilating. I am a lucky one though. I had almost no hair to begin with. My arms was like peach fuzz and the legs had maybe 20 or 30 hairs. Maybe 10 on the chest. I live where it is hot and I wear shorts a lot, and no one has ever noticed, probably because there is not a lot of difference.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

!. Re: The Sensation. I echo many of the sentiments about the feeling of being smooth. I would trade a second level vice to have that all the time. It's wonderful.

2. Re: Being Afraid of being seen during the summer. You know your own communities but I really think that is over rated. I would never notice it on another person unless the person was sort of Grizzly Adams'-liked and I knew him (or it) well.

3. Re: Hot and Cold: For me, being shaved makes the often offensive heat down here more tolerable. On a recent trip to the northern Midwest, I wore panty hose for survival. Going to a family event with the John Deer plastic cap and lumberjack shirt crowd was a real trip. Being shaved is a major part of the CD experience for me.
    Last edited by Robbin_Sinclair; 01-03-2013 at 09:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn powers View Post
    I have been shaving my legs for two winters now. I had the hair on my chest and forearms removed by laser. I can't enjoy dressing en femme with any chest or arm hair, but I can hide the leg hair with stockings in summer.

But, I am debating whether to keep shaving my legs this summer. Has anyone had to try to explain this to anyone or had a bunch of strange stares when you are in guy mode? I do a lot of active things in summer (tennis, the pool, etc.), and I wear shorts all the time. I would love to hear some retorts that shut down any critiques or inquiries about the smooth legs!

Never had anyone question me.

If someone does question you, point out that you prefer the smooth look, it's cooler in the summer and cleaner, and you wanted the lower half to be like the top half. A smooth chest and arms along with hairy legs doesn't seem like a good picture.
    DonnaT

Quote Originally Posted by caitlyn powers View Post
    I would love to hear some retorts that shut down any critiques or inquiries about the smooth legs!
    Me too!!!! Seem the general consensus here is to just dismiss queries with a simple "I just like it" or "it's cooler it the summer." But really, I know people would look and wonder… Of course, that's my problem and need to be more out with who I really am. A hard task which haunts me daily.
    When lost, alone, or blue I know I can always get through the day, for I've always another shade of lipstick to make things right!

I have been doing full body shaves since (about) 3 years ago, when I became a woman. Being silky smooth and clean shaven feels so very good........nylons feel better, nylon panties feel better. And then, if you are brave enough, under the right kind of skirt, you can go out........sans panties..... OMG, that is out of this world, every "girl" should try that.

In the middle of the night, I asked myself, "do I enjoy smooth legs because it reminds me of life before puberty?" Has that question been asked before on this site? xr

All you ladies with smooth legs. Do I jealous much? Yes, yes I do. It's the first body alteration I intend to make once I tell my wife.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    One of the first things I did after coming out to my fiancee was to get my Venus Breeze out of storage, then clean up my legs, chest, arms, and underarms. I repeat that every few days. If my fiancee happens to come in the bathroom while I'm doing it, she'll ask, "You shaving your legs?" but then make no further comment.

Truth be told, I don't seem to have as much hair on my legs as I once did, for some reason. And I never have had very much chest hair at all, so what there was was easily dealt with. I thought someone would notice my arms, but so far they haven't.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The weird part for me will be, my wife doesn't like shaving her legs. She prefers to go natural. She's started shaving them because I told her it was sexy, but sometimes I wonder if I just want her to shave them because I can't shave mine. Again do I jealous much? Yes, yes I do.

I wonder if she'll be weirded out at having a husband who wants to be more feminine than her.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

Quote Originally Posted by MarinaKirax View Post
    I am baby smooth from my hips to my toes. I started shaving about 3 weeks ago, after a period of gradual thinning, so I'm not quite sure if my wife just hasn't noticed the difference (I don't have a lot of hair on me anyway) or she has noticed and isn't mentioning it.

Anyway, I've found I need to shave about every 3 days or so or I get stubble, which feels.... just not smooth. So I say to myself, what's the point in having legs that LOOK shaved, if they don't FEEL shaved? so I re-shave. MY question is whether or not you get used to the silky smoothness very quickly. Frankly, after 3 or 4 weeks of baby smooth gams, I don't notice it during the day as much. it feels ... well.... normal. I wouldn't want to go back to hair, but I will in the summer, and I bet when I do it will feel.... normal.
    I'm totally surprised by how I took the smoothness for granted, so fast. Anyone else feel the same way?
    Your body will have to get used to the loss of the body hair and after a few weeks of continued shaving and applying lotions, it will begin to feel "normal". By summer you will not want to grow it back because the smooth, silky feeling is going to override your fear of showing bare skin. There is nothing wrong with shaving, it is how you feel that counts. I look better and I feel better shaven, so I continue year -round now.