Thread: Fondest memories as a kid playing hooky and dressing up

Fondest memories as a kid playing hooky and dressing up

As a child my parents worked, so I was the quintessential latch lock kid. Sometimes when my mom was at work, I would sneak back in to the apartment and spend the day wearing all my sisters clothes. Carefully opening the packages of her brand new pantyhose. You had to be so careful so you could seal it up again in half way decent shape, fold the nylons or pantyhose as close to the way the factory did it so that you aroused no suspicion. Seriously it was good training for becoming a jewel thief or some other robbing criminal. Glad to say I was relegated to the low standard of a thief because of my irresistible urge to dress, which I am sure some of you can relate. The chances I took just for a little time en femme. Remembering helps me appreciate what I have today.
    You can't fully love others until you truly love yourself. It is a wonderful journey
    http://www.facebook.com/tiffany.grace.31945
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita_th...ueen_and_diva/

When I think back I realize that my youth was much like a jewel theif or even a secret agent. Dressing in stealth making sure not to get caught, putting things back just like they were, always having an escape plan. Then when older and in the 70's doing things that were not legal with certain herbs, I was very good at not getting caught. I knew the best hiding places, knew how to go places without being seen, had a plan for everything. Sometimes I wonder if I liked the cloak and dagger part as much as the dressing. Yes all my life I had a secret that no one knew.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    ugh ... I'm not sure my memories of the same are so fond. So much stress. So much wondering if I really put it all back exactly the same, or if everyone really knew and didn't say out of politeness ... the moments of sheer terror when the neighbor's car door slammed or the garbage truck came by late.

Sometimes it's just unimaginable to me, how simple it must be to fit into your default gender ... to imagine a childhood and really a whole life without all the stress. Imagine a life where the everyday things that we like are not a forbidden so that we need to have pink panther skills to enjoy them!

LOL "pink panther" ... I just realized the humor here :-)
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Oh,yeah, it was fun! I'd get home before anyone else, and do a quick change, and just get out for a short walk! I wasn't all that careful about putting things back, and mom probably suspected something! Of course, back then, it didn't take as much "work",lol! I could be ready in 5 minutes.
    "And if you want some fun, sing Ob-Bla-Di-Bla-Da!"

The most I put on of my sister's clothes were panties, and even then, she was moving out, so I didn't really have to worry about how I put it back. That day is also when I discovered how much I enjoy crossdressing.

I didn't have to worry so much about being caught. We lived in a big house and nobody ever went up to the attic where all my sister's old clothes were. I could spend all day up there. It really sucked when we moved.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Aspiring Member
    My mom was a stay-at-home mom but more than once when I knew she was going to be gone for the day I faked being sick so I could spend the day alone, trying on her clothes. Like most of us I suppose she noticed that her clothes weren't the same when she came home but never said anything. Like, how can you put on a pair of pantyhose and get them back in the drawer without them being somewhat stretched out? Or panties folded the same as she did them. Played hooky for sure to dress.

I had some of my own clothes stashed so a day off school to derss was great.
    The amount of half day sicknesses I had.
    Trouble is I had to catch upon schoolwork.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Michala View Post
    My mom was a stay-at-home mom but more than once when I knew she was going to be gone for the day I faked being sick so I could spend the day alone, trying on her clothes. .
    Heating my forehead up from the stove was my sure pat way to stay home with a fever.... lol. mom would go off to work and I got to play all day....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Karren Karren,
    I can't belive you would do that?
    You are amazing.
    Jess

Wonderful to hear about the similarities and also the differences and the enchanted attics and even the stress. I wonder if it were not so taboo and so stressfully secret if it would be so much fun. Does the secrecy add to the pleasure. I wonder...
    You can't fully love others until you truly love yourself. It is a wonderful journey
    http://www.facebook.com/tiffany.grace.31945
    The past is history, the future is a mystery, but today is a gift. That is why it is called the present!
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/rita_th...ueen_and_diva/

Banned Read only
    I did not get to play all day until I was a teenager. My mom was a stay at home mom. However, some weekends mom, dad, older brother and younger sister all went to visit the grandparents. They stayed overnight. I had a job that required I work on Saturdays. I had to use the same crap they threw at me about responsibilities, so I could stay home. After working a twelve hour day on a Saturday, I had the chance to dress. Somehow being dead tired from twelve hours of hard work drained my desires to mess around with mom's clothing.

As an adult, when my wife had a job and the kids were in school, I would take a 'therapy day' every so often to maintain an even keel on this cross dressing journey.

Now as a retiree I can dress every day my wife is at work. Sitting here fully en femme is so relaxing and stress free.

I would hak hak cough cough and play sick. Had an upstairs bedroom I shared with my brothers. Mom didn't come upstairs much so was able to quietly walk on creaky floors to my sisters room and get some panties, a full slip and some dresses. Would prance around the room gleefully for several hours. One time I heard mom coming up the stairs while I was dressed, no time to change so jumped quickly into bed and covered up just as she was bringing laundry into the room. She asks How I am doing, I hack cough again an lay there. She leaves. Another time the same thing happened only I had hung several of my sisters dresses in my closet. As she was hanging up shirts and pants she saw the dresses and asked "how did these get here"? I didn't answer, just laid in bed in fear wearing my sisters clothes.

OMG, the memories this brings back. At about age 10 since both parents worked they were OK leaving me home alone from school with a cold or flu. I was sick quite often as I recall, well sometimes I really was. I become very familiar with all of my moms clothes and lingerie. She had really nice things and I adored dressing up in them. Her long party dresses were exquisite and she also had a nice collection of girdles, foundations, not the flex shareware they have today, the kind that molds and holds. While I dearly miss those clothes I much prefer the fabrics and styles available to me today. At least for the clothes but I still prefer vintage girdles and foundations.

Oh to be 10 again.
    Last edited by Suzy Parker; 01-04-2013 at 01:52 PM.

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar

Memory Loss

I sometimes wonder if I have the memory of a gold fish. I can remember sneaking into mum's underwear draw, but I don't recall the exact method of deviousness with the same level of accuracy, as all you other posters. All I know is, I was alone and the old urge overtook me in the 'normal' way. Must put on silky undies and slips....woo hoo!

Did try to put them back as found, but I remember my mum accusing my dad of going through her stuff looking for something (the something was never identified). Oh well, at least her distrust of him (they hadn't got on for years) was good cover for me.

Now where was I, ......ah yes memory. I sometimes wonder if I have the memory of a gold fish. I can.........

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Michala View Post
    My mom was a stay-at-home mom but more than once when I knew she was going to be gone for the day I faked being sick so I could spend the day alone, trying on her clothes. Like most of us I suppose she noticed that her clothes weren't the same when she came home but never said anything. Like, how can you put on a pair of pantyhose and get them back in the drawer without them being somewhat stretched out? Or panties folded the same as she did them. Played hooky for sure to dress.
    Exact same situation for me.

As I grew larger than her I still tried to squeeze into a few of her dresses and ended up ripping the seam on a couple. Good thing I knew how to sew!

I remember when my folks would go out on Saturday night, and I'd coax my little brother to go to sleep early, then I'd close his door and have the run of the house, all dressed up.

When I think about it, the thrill of CDing is still the same...almost 40 yrs later. Damn, time flies!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I remember several times staying the weekend with a good friend. We were both 13, and we were raiding his mother's liquor stash (She would usually come in from the bar a little late and a little tipsy, so I don't think she ever realized we were in the cabinet). My friend lived there with his mother and his brother. Sometimes mom would stay the night at a friend's house. And his brother would usually spend the weekends at another friend's house.

There was a few times it ended up being just me and him there alone at night. He would normally drink more than I would, and he usually fell asleep on the couch rather quickly. Once he was asleep, he would be out until the next morning. Well, his mother was one of the sexiest moms I knew. By teenage boy standards, she was a MILF (for lack of a better term, sorry). She had very nice clothes, and very sexy high heels. Being 13, I fit into her things rather well. I remember the scent in her room was so intoxicating, it was like stepping into the bedroom of a princess. I loved her long black dress with sewn-in jewels in the neckline. I remember her panty hose felt so silky, they had to be expensive. She had the sexiest high heels with an ankle strap, I remember they seemed like they were 5 inches high. I loved putting on that outfit and walking through the house. I could even walk on the brick kitchen floor just to hear the click clack of the heels as I walked. My friend never heard me or caught me. Or, at least, if he did, he never said anything or acted any different. I believe that is the time that I became very good at walking and standing in heels. I got to do this, I don't know, maybe ten times or so. I did try a few other dresses she had, and other heels as well. She had a red formal ball gown that stopped just above my ankles, and her red sequin covered heels fit me very nicely.

I took a "picture" in my mind of how everything was arranged so I could put it back the exact same way. I never experimented with her undergarments, in my mixed up mind, I considered those "off limits". In fact, I never tried on other ladies undergarments. However I did get a matching bra/panty set out of some bags that were destined for Goodwill, or some other charity. So I didn't feel like I was stealing them, I would stick 3 dollars or so in the clothes bag!! that was in my college years though.

There were several other times in my younger years that I was able to try on dresses and shoes, this is just the one that really sticks out in my mind. Wow the memories!

Quote Originally Posted by Tiffany Grace View Post
    Carefully opening the packages of her brand new pantyhose. You had to be so careful so you could seal it up again in half way decent shape, fold the nylons or pantyhose as close to the way the factory did it so that you aroused no suspicion.
    Wow, even today I am no good at that. Putting stockings back in the package so they look factory fresh is about as easy as getting toothpaste back in the tube!

(And I'm pretty sure my mom must have known that, too, back when I was getting into her lingerie drawer on a regular basis. I couldn't possibly have been as stealthy at that age as I believed I was.)

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    Wow, even today I am no good at that. Putting stockings back in the package so they look factory fresh is about as easy as getting toothpaste back in the tube!

(And I'm pretty sure my mom must have known that, too, back when I was getting into her lingerie drawer on a regular basis. I couldn't possibly have been as stealthy at that age as I believed I was.)

- Diane
    It was easy when the hose came inside of an egg!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Keys View Post
    Karren Karren,
    I can't belive you would do that?
    I can't believe my mother never caught on! lol
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

When I got to my teen years, my mother took a part time job doing accounting. As an asthmatic kid, I could fake a cold or asthma attack and stay home if I needed. I didn't do it a lot, and kinda got caught once when she came home at lunch to check on me. I had been in the back yard sitting pool side in a bikini and heard a car pull in the drive so bolted for the back door, got to my room and pulled my Pj's on over the bikini. Mom and I had lunch together, then she went back to work. When I went to the bathroom right after she left I saw myself in the mirror...did you know that a florescent orange bikini will show through old/thin Pj's?....mom never said a word....

Jenn

Banned Read only
    My beginning is so similar to yours. At first, it was the only way I could ensure time to experiment with no chance of discovery. I would read my mom's Cosmo magazines for makeup and dressing tips and would use my mom's or sisters' stuff. I found that if I though about feeling sick hard enough, I would start to actually feel sick, and even start to feel warm. I would spend the entire day trying to be a girl. Eventually I started sneaking out of the house at night until I could drive, then I would leave and play games elsewhere. I wish i knew then what I know now.

While in high school, I had some laid back teachers for home room where they too daily attendance, so they never collected mom's sick notes. So, I always had one handy for whenever I wanted a day off. Best memories are the days when I knew no one would be home all day, and I got to wear my sister's really hot, sexy short dresses that she would go out clubbing in. Felt very much the genuine girl for the whole day. On other days, would simply come home from school and spend the afternoon like that. Never came very close to getting caught, everyone else had a regular schedule, so I had plenty of time to get changed back to boy mode. But the illusion of being a girl for the day were what I lived for back then.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

Hi Tiffany,
    When I stayed home from school because I was sick, I would wait until everyone had left for work or school and then I would raid my older sisters dresser. She had left home and she left several items behind. I would slip her short blue teddy on with her matching blue panties and my cold would almost vanish! Of course I found some old pantyhose and I was in heaven. One time, I slipped on her old prom dress and I managed to be sick for an extra day just to be able to slip it on a few more times.

I feel that my feminine side has had a lot to do with my illness at a younger age. It allowed my to release my feminine side when that was the only time that I could be alone. I had such strong desires and my body found a way to allow me to explore them. I was really sick too, well, not always though.