Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Does anyone like having really long hair?

Pretty soon I'll have NO hair. All the more reason to put on a wig........

and a skirt and pantyhose and high heels..........

I've had really long hair (at least halfway down my back) for 20 years now. Sadly, it is getting thin enough on top, and the hairline is receding enough, that I don't think I'll be keeping it long for very much longer.

Most of the time, in 'boy' mode, I have it in a ponytail.

I've always said that if I ever cut it, I will just shave my head. That way, I still won't have to worry about haircuts, AND I'll be able to easily wear a wig when I want to.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Quote Originally Posted by esther22 View Post
    The main reason I like dressing as a woman is so I can show off my really long hair without anyone teasing me about my hair. My hair goes past my hips & I love doing it in all kinds of hairdos, but the hair does look best with womens clothes. What is your experience? Esther
    When my wig comes off, im back to short hair so that should tell you how I feel about it. I had long hair to my shoulders back in the 70's and it got to be a pain taking care of it.

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    I saw a girl at a concert several weeks ago that had hair literally down to her butt. Looks like it'd be a real pain to take care of (when she sat down she had to maneuver very carefully). I can only imagine how long it took to grow that long....
    I always wondered how much trouble hair that long would be when using the rest room.

I do enjoy the feeling of long hair on my back when I'm in femme mode, but find the constant need to keep the wig brushed and tangle free can be tedious.
    My wife's hair is down to her mid to lower back, and taking care of it (washing, brushing, drying, etc.) is quite a chore.
    I don't know if I'd have the patience or time to do that on a daily basis.
    The nice thing about a long hair wig is when the hair starts to bother me, I can just take it off.

I have had long hair since highschool which was way back in the 80's only have cut it twice once to get a really good paying job which has since left town .The second time was about 5 years ago when i was looking for a new career since then i have let it grow out and it is past my shoulders.When i go to work i just tie it back in a pony tail which fortunately is fine with my employer
    I have a hubcap diamond star halo

I love it in my wig but not in drab. If I could wait for it to grow out long, I probably would but that's not the case
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I have let my hair grow down past my shoulders,and every one says i look like a gril.
    I just can not tell tham thamk you. I want to but you know you can not say that is the look i was going for.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Heh...Stacy and Jenn reminded me of a funny...

The nurse at my doctor's office has commented on my long hair; not too long ago, she told me, "Every time I see your hair, I want to braid it!" If she mentions that again, I'm thinking of telling her, "Tell you what: if I show up here in a dress, you can braid my hair!" That ought to be good for a laugh...and an inward smile as I think about what it would be like if I actually showed up as Amy and blew her mind.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

The longest my hair has ever been is shoulder-length, right now it's actually a "number 1" so I've never actually experienced hair to the length that you are luck enough to have it.

Had long hair in high school, loved it, because I could get away with it in boy mode, and style it as a girl's when I dressed as one. Now, no longer have the real thing, but thanks to those wonderful wig vendors in the far east, I have lovely blond, brown or mixed long beautiful hair. And it feels great.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

nope buzz cut makes the wig fit tighter
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I have hair 3" past my shoulders, and wavy, I love that I can look femme in my own hair, It is work to take care of it, but putting it in pig tails every night helps a lot with tangles.
    "We are born naked, everything else is drag" - RuPaul

YES I started letting mine grow in 2004 or so, it appeared that I was a bad influence on my dad, as he started letting his go as well (he also wanted to annoy his boss... ) so far I haven't had too much trouble with my current job about it, but people keep telling me to get it cut (to which I say one of the shortest words in the english language - "NO." it's not really that hard to take care of, basically wash it 2x/week, and use LOTS of conditioner,alas, it's not straight and shiny like others... so i tend to get a lot of *p00f* for a day or so afterwards...

really I don't get to do a lot of styles, because if I do anything too "cute" with it, wife says she wants to throw up (so basically either down or in a ponytail)