Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone like having really long hair?

Red face Does anyone like having really long hair?

The main reason I like dressing as a woman is so I can show off my really long hair without anyone teasing me about my hair. My hair goes past my hips & I love doing it in all kinds of hairdos, but the hair does look best with womens clothes. What is your experience? Esther

Makeup addict!
    I don't like the idea of me having long hair, except when I'm a girl

I just cut mine after going almost 18 months with no haircut. I loved it when dressed but it just really made me look like a loser as a man. All my friends and family thought I was nuts and when I started making sales calls and presentations for my business, I felt uncomfortable all the time. Hacked it off today and back to my "regular" man style. #4 clipper up the back and sides. It didn't even hurt and I feel good today.

I been Long Hair. Then My Service duty got in the way. Then My career at times got in the way. The hair is long today.
    Long in a much different way than how you described your awesome long hair.

Yes hair is fun. I am glad I grew it back.
    All be well!

Crazy Lady
    My work sometimes takes me to the flight line where wigs are not allowed due to FOD concerns, so I have to wear my hair long to give the right feminine presentation at work. It also helps hide the forehead and the thin hair. It also allows me to pull it back to a ponytail when I am at home and need to be in boy mode.

Long hair all the way. I can excuse having long hair as a boy because I love metal! Sometimes, stereotypes can be useful.

Aspiring Member

I like my hair...

It has been growing for 18 months and is below my shoulders. It is also a white-blonde color; being 66 will do that. I also regularly dress in a "plain-Fem" manner; fem jeans and pullover tops and frequently shoes so the hair fits in well.

I am retired so I have significantly more freedom about my appearance.

Just being myself,
    Sandra1746

My hair is curly, otherwise I would have long hair. I can get an 'afro' without much difficulty.

Gold Member
    I have liked mine long for years now. It does add an extra element of care and preparation, but it is worth it to me as I like the variety and having it all the time instead of only when dressed.

It seems the biggest barrier for many is work. For me, it isn't a big deal at work and I have done quite well at work with the hair not being an issue. At my last job, the VP of finance had a pony tail. So while there are jobs where it matters, there certainly are ones where it doesn't.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    My fiancee likes me with long hair, so I was growing it out before she knew I was a CD. Bonus for me!

It's now around shoulder length, and I keep it in a ponytail in guy mode. (In my line of work, guys with ponytails are almost a cliche.) When en femme, I love wearing hair accessories like headbands and barrettes.

One day I will get it trimmed up a bit (but keep the length) so it looks better en femme, too.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I let me hair grow out about 18 years ago. My wife was not very excited about, but doesn't bother me about it anymore. At first she did, but I told her that I don't tell her how to wear her hair and she agree she probably shouldn't tell me how to wear mine. At the time when I let it grow out, I was working with a couple other guys that had long hair, so I fit in. I wear it about shoulder length or a little longer, in a bob. My avatar shows it a little longer.
    Dana Ryan

Your hair sounds fabulous, I have had long hair on occasions and it is great not having to wear a wig.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Mine's shoulder legnth.....NOT LONG ENOUGH!
    I work in an office, and I can only go so far with what I can get away with. the reality is I'm not in college anymore, so I take what I can get.

I'd love to have mine long, but the in-between stage, when it's longer than normal for a guy but not long enough to tie behind, is the deal killer. The alternative is to look like one of the Monkees or to wear a hat continuously. Neither is attractive to me.

Oh and then there is the color issue. I hatehatehate going gray. GGs can just get their hair colored in really pretty colors and shadings but it isn't kosher for men. We're supposed to like looking "distinguished." The longer my hair, the more gray is evident, so I tend to keep it short just so it looks halfway decent.
    Last edited by Eryn; 01-05-2013 at 02:45 AM. Reason: Added bit about color.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Long hair is one thing I'm not very interested in right now. I've kept my hair close-cropped short all my life, and I get irritated the moment it starts to overhang my ears. I'm not sure how I'll feel in a wig.

I had really long hair when I was younger. I loved all the girly things I could do with it. (I really regret never putting it up) But as i got older it got really thin and ratty looking so now it's short and i hate it. Enjoy it as long as you can.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I've had long hair since I was seventeen. However, now it's starting to thin at the top. I was hoping I dodged that bullet . Oh well, it'll go for as long as it will go, then I'll shave it all off I suspect. Not sure how I'll feel about that, but I guess, worst case, there are wigs.

I started growing my hair (back) out about three years ago after cutting it back in the 1980's. Now my coworkers just regard me as a hippie gone back to seed. It's down to my lower shoulder blades in back and I LOVE it. I tie it back at work, and let it down on the weekends. I absolutely don't care if someone finds it not to their taste - it's MY hair! Elfin
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    I love the look of long hair, both on women and on myself.
    So all of my wigs are shoulder length or longer.
    However, I can't stand having long hair all of the time (even when I'm dressed, I find the long hair to be annoying when I'm trying to do something and it keeps falling in my face).
    When my own hair gets long, it starts to drive my nuts as it gets in my eyes.
    So I keep my own hair short (which also makes it easier to hide under a wig).

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    I saw a girl at a concert several weeks ago that had hair literally down to her butt. Looks like it'd be a real pain to take care of (when she sat down she had to maneuver very carefully). I can only imagine how long it took to grow that long....

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by racquelr View Post
    I can't stand having long hair all of the time (even when I'm dressed, I find the long hair to be annoying when I'm trying to do something and it keeps falling in my face).
    When my own hair gets long, it starts to drive my nuts as it gets in my eyes.
    Sometimes I get that problem. If necessary, I use a bobby pin or two to keep it up and out of my face. (Another advantage of being a CD; one isn't afraid of using the tools GGs would use to solve similar problems! )

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Sweet

Attachment 194937

When ya got long hair you can do so much more with it than you think !!!
    Yull Find Out !!! lol,,,,

I can't remember the last time I had short hair - but I disagree about "all the things you can do with it". When I transitioned back in the 80's I kept my hair around shoulder length. I could do LOTS of things (styles) with it at that point. When I started letting it grow length-wise, it hit terminal length a few inches below my belt and was a braid about as big around as your wrist as it went down my back (yes I got headaches). It took my wife about 10 minutes to braid it. And that is the only "style" you could wear it...down, or braided (regular or French). There are no "styles" for super-long hair. Currently, it has crawled up my back to bra-length when braided and is about as big as your thumb....but you ask if I like it...I wouldn't have it any other way!

Jenn

Banned Read only
    I've always preferred long hair. The feeling of long tresses falling down my bare back is stimulating and extremely feminine to me. Almost all of my wigs are from below my shoulders to almost my waist. I pay a lot of money for these. I wish I could grow my hair long naturally but my own hair just gets bushy.

Trying to find balance wishing2bali's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nanaya View Post
    Long hair all the way. I can excuse having long hair as a boy because I love metal! Sometimes, stereotypes can be useful.
    Could not have said it better myself!

I'll admit there are stages I went through where I was dying to chop it just because it would be at that point where it was annoying in day to day life, but after a month or so it would pass, and now I absolutely love my length. It's currently about half way down my back. It does need trimmed but I think Ill try to stay this length for as long as I can, wife pending...