Page 34 of 44 FirstFirst ... 243233343536 ... LastLast

Thread: When did you first crossdress?

Greetings. I had a surprise introduction. I was about 12 or so and had never had any sex education. I was totally in the dark about it. My first erection came as a result of my brothers and I playing good guy and bad guy. We were pretending to be captured and tied up (big surprise...not). We happened to be in a large closet and my brother pointed to a dress and suggested I put it on. The connection to the erection was innocent but established. At a later date I wore the dress while alone and had another erection. Not understanding what was happening, I just went with the good feeling. One day I had a climax while in a skirt. I was confused and concerned, not knowing what that was. By the time I found out its real purpose I was rather hooked on the practice. So, the basis is the sexual comfort and pleasure I get from it. However, I am in no big rush to climax while cross dressed. It just feels too good to end it, as the climax usually takes away the immediate urge. cheers, all.

i was as i remember about 14years, i tried make up and the mum dresses, it was amazing

It started around 7 when I tried on my mothers shoes (i am now a shoe demon) and it took of from there.

Perhaps the greatest difficulty in such surveys is memory. I do not think too many people can remember specific events at ages 1-2-years with any accuracy or completeness unless it was something especially significant.
    The following numbers are, therefore, not particularly accurate. Having examined similar polls in the past, I decided that I would divide the ages into three-year segments. This may not be a particularly effective means of examining the results. For example, most of the 1-3-year range was age 3; so 3-6-years would be a better range giving 37.7% of the responses.
    Most persons responding would give a two-year range. The ages of 5-6 were very popular. Where such a range overlapped (i.e., 6-7-years) I would take the lower age. Where persons gave a school grade, I would add 5-years (grade 2 = 11 years). This also affects accuracy. Some people answered more than once. I think I caught most of those. Some person’s answers were simply too vague to derive an age with any reasonable accuracy. Basically, the results, while indicative, are a bit fuzzy.
    The first time I saw such a poll, I was a bit stunned at how early the onset of Gender Variance or cross-dressing would be. The conclusion I take from that is that the predisposition to Gender Variance exists before birth and/or is evident from the time a person is capable of making the distinctions between genders. Also, that Gender Variance will most often manifest itself in using socially defined Symbology associated with gender. That is a young male will see femininity expressed and will want to use similar means to express their femininity. Not only does the sense of gender exist at an early age, but also the sense that a gender or varying genders are appropriate to the child. What is generally known as Gender Identity develops probably prior to or with the development of the ability to identify persons, objects and elements of language.
    Another factor is that the onset of cross-dressing is dependent upon two factors. First is the ability to distinguish gender. Since what gender is basically defined rather than a pre-existing condition this is an introjected perception. For example, that wearing earrings is feminine is true in some societies, but not in others. Even so, the need to make such a distinction, regardless of how that distinction is defined, appears to be intense and derives from some prenatal factor. Otherwise it would not be evident so early. For the Gender Invariant ‘sex-matched’ persons (i.e., wholly masculine males), the matter would not be overly significant until later years. For the Gender Invariant ‘cross-sexed’ person (i.e., wholly feminine males), the early years would be very difficult and conducive to despair and depression; and they would not fully understand why this should be so.
    That a large number of respondents state that ages 5-6-years were most significant to them probably ties into the period when one engages in a wider socialization (i.e., pre-school and kindergarten) heightening the awareness of a perceived difference between masculinity and femininity. Such a period may be very stressful for the Gender Invariant androgyne who feels compelled to avoid any gender presentation.
    As well as a predisposition to Gender Variance, the onset of cross-dressing requires opportunity. Most often some factors include the presence of females in the family and a period of being alone at home. It seems that the second condition, of privacy, would be rare for someone of a very young age. This is another reason why the responses given are a bit surprising. Being home alone, Hallowe’en, theatrics and juvenile high jinks are commonly mentioned.
    A very quick survey of the responses so far gives roughly:

1-3 34 5.0%
    4-6 222 32.7%
    7-9 139 20.5%
    10-12 167 24.6%
    13-15 58 8.5%
    16-18 15 2.2%
    19+ 44 6.5%
    Totals 679 100.0%

Again, if the earliest group were revised to be ages 3-6 (and few, if any, actually mentioned ages 1-2-years), that would be 37.7% recall a very early onset of Gender Variance or cross-dressing. Probably due to a lack of opportunity more that a lack of predisposition, ages 7-15 (when children are given increasing independence) are 53.6%. Although cross-dressing is often described or thought of as a sexual activity, and while very young children develop and exhibit elements of sexuality (I recall being attracted to girls, especially ‘older women’ of 5 or 6-years, at the age of 4-years although I did not understand the nature of that attraction), it would seem that sexuality at a young age would not be a dominate factor. Pubescence would likely emphasize the sexual element of cross-dressing, and ages 10-15-years comprise only 33.1% of respondents. For the older respondents (13+ years) only 17.2% indicated a later onset. For them, while repressed gender expression may have been a factor, sexuality would likely be a key (and sexual situations, or even a lack of available sexuality) are often mentioned as relevant.
    Another way of looking at these numbers is the classifications:

Prepubescent: 58.2%
    Adolescent: 35.3%
    Adult: 6.5%

These are similar to a generalized summation of several similar polls:

Prepuberty 63-70-71% 68±4%
    Teenager 21-22-34% 26±6%
    Adult 3-7-9% 6±3%

The onset of Gender Variance is, generally, in North American society, at an early age (roughly 3-11-years: 58-68%) with the bulk of the rest of persons exhibiting Gender Variant behaviour (roughly 11-18-years: 25-35%) in their youth. This is not consistent with a view that cross-dressing is necessarily sexual, necessarily related to Sexual Orientation or necessarily a matter of choice. It is consistent with the concepts that Gender Identity develops very early and is based on some sort of prenatal predisposition that will be expressed when it is permitted to be expressed.
    Such polls are useful but, sadly, usually overlooked by those who could most use them. For example, those who feel that cross-dressing as some sort of adult paraphilia sometimes mistakenly referred to as a ‘fetish’. Usually those persons do not understand what ‘gender’ means, ‘fetish’ means or the nature of cross-dressing. They, however, influence public opinion as they are supposedly the ‘experts’.

Minerva.
    Last edited by Minerva Morgan; 12-20-2014 at 04:27 PM.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    I'd have to say in my early years 7,8 or 9. Found my love of nylons and I guess thats why I to this day can not go without them. I used to go and wear my moms shoes, nylons and skirts when ever I had the chance. Around 14 sucked when I my feet grew bigger than my moms shoes and I couldn't wear them anymore. My love of female clothing had me worried and confused in my younger years, still does to a point today. But I've come to the realization it somehow is a part of me and life goes on.
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

I remember early on being interested in my moms heels say around 5 or 6 but for me it did not surface until much later say around 18-19... I discovered that women in high heels would arouse me .. and was curious to see what it would be like to wear them...it was such a turn, on and I wondered if stockings and panties would have the same effect. It did and used lingere and high heels to satisfy my cravings and used it as a "sexual aid" for masturbation for many many years... I never really had to urge to full on cross-dress until later mid twenties ...again in stages... next came skirts... then dresses... not until I moved out on my own that I fully transformed myself as a "women"

My earliest memory was mabey 5 or 6 trying on my sisters dress , it all started from there

I think I was becoming a teenager when I tried one of my mom's skirt and lipstick... It all began there
    ---

"Life can only be understood in reverse, but must be lived forwards" - S. Kierkegard.

I want to say I began around age 8-10. For me it was all about pantyhose at first. I am the youngest of 3 and routinely found myself home alone quite a bit. The absolute greatest attraction was in the form of pantyhose. This would have been back in the late 70s, which of course pantyhose were extremely popular in the states then and throughout the 80s and early 90s. Every time I dressed in anything feminine it always had to include pantyhose. The greatest thrills were wearing my sister's high school cheerleading outfit, which consisted of pantyhose, leotard, and a form fitting skirt. Next was wearing variety of grandmother's dresses, with bra, cup inserts, pantyhose, and heels. This lifestyle has done nothing but expand from there.

It started for me around age 10, I tried on my little sister's swimsuit, just to see if it fit and found this amazing feeling! Before long I was wearing skirts, dresses, whatever I could find. I did it in secret and had no idea why I wanted to do it, but I couldn't stop!

I was about 7, was a winter and was cold so i put a slip of my sisters on under my pj's, never looked back since

First time was when I used to put on my mums clothes & shoes when I was about 5. Then started again when at about 13 @ school.

I was 6 when mom caught me wearing her panties in her bathroom.The only thing she said was to put back when I was done.

I was about 10 my sister left for college and she left a lot of extra clothes in her room since she always bought stuff and wore it once they were all like new and I had a nice starting wardrobe

I have vague memories of being a little boy young enough to be put down for a nap. I remember not sleeping that afternoon, but instead finding a pair of my mother's pantyhose lying in a small brown heap on the top of her dresser. I pulled that gossamer fabric up my short, little legs and was immediately in love. Of course, they didn't fit at all (I had to hold them up by the waist), but the feeling was exhilarating (I don't remember, but I must have already known what nylons were at that age -- you know, when a small boy walks up to a trusted adult woman and extends his hand out to instinctively touch her, and he gets an unexpected surprise of a handful of smooth, silky nylon-wrapped leg). I seem to recall that I was caught jumping and dancing on the bed while wearing them. I was shamed for that stunt, and it was then that I immediately learned that a boy must be more discreet about these things. And for nearly 50 years since then, I have been.

August, 2014, age 68.
    Never even thought of it before. I have seen it, and it never bothered me, though I was curious why.
    Now I am curious why it is me, but am enjoying it as I could never possibly have imagined.
    I am truly trying to slow down, as so many here have advised :-)

Vanessa

I had not long left school. I was 16 at the time. My mother used to go out a couple of times a month in the evening. It was around the 4th time that I had snuck into her bedroom, and dressed in her underwear, tights, a blouse, skirt, crammed my feet into her best shoes that were 2 sizes too small along with some lipstick and eye shadow.

She came home an hour early than I expected and I got caught. My mother was upset but didn't fly off the handle the way I thought she would. I knew she was not really happy with me doing it but put up with for few years before I suddenly stopped. That is a long story which I will put in another thread.

It's tough to remember where or when I started to feel the urge to dress like a girl. I think I was about 10 years. I remember seeing my mom get dressed in the morning a few times and for some reason was really drawn to her dresser. There was a really perfume-like smell that came from her clothes. I looked in her top drawer and it contained her panties, bra's, and pantyhose. I did it in stages. I would try on her panties and bra when they weren't around. I can't even remember where they were, I didn't think I was old enough to be at home by myself. I enjoyed looking at myself in the mirror. I did that a few times, and then added her black pantyhose. I enjoyed walking around the room and watching myself. I got caught because I left her Bra's hooked.
    "It's so much fun to be girl!!"

I was 14, tried on sisters underwear then moved on to her skirts and blouses whenever she was out.

I was like 12 or 13. Sister left for college and left so much for a bright, budding CD to enjoy.

I was 6 when I first tried on a pair of my mother's tights. I remember I'd been thinking about it at school & went straight upstairs when I got home, locked myself in the bathroom and put them on. I remember there was a diaper in the laundry cupboard too and I wondered if I should try that as well, but I just didn't get an urge to do it like I did with the hose.

Ive been a CDr as far back as I can remember. I am the youngest of 3 with 2 older sisters that were 6 and 7 years older than me. My father travelled a lot on business and was away from home for days and even weeks at a time. When I was about 7 my mom went back to work full time. My mom always considered me a very 'grown up' little boy and felt I could take care of myself at home after school until my older sisters, and eventually she, got home. So from the time I was about 7 (c 1965) until well into my early teens I had plenty of afterschool 'home alone' time (this would be anywhere from 3-6 hours depending on when I got home and when my sisters did as they were very involved in aftershool activities). And for a young CDr our home was a paradise. My mother was a total pack rat (probably from growing up dirt poor herself) and kept almost all of my sisters old clothes from when they were younger. So I was home alone in a house filled with tons of perfectly fitting girls clothes. My father even had built a huge walk-in closet in our basement for my mother and sisters to keep there clothes in! My sisters had so much stuff - dresses, skirts, blouses, jumpers, even their old shoes! I wore their panties, tights, vests and training bras, and pantyhose. I wore almost everything of theirs that I could and by age 9 or 10 I was one of the best dressed little CDrs you could ever meet. Complete outfits head-to-toe, inside-out! And this was the 1960s and girls clothes were GIRLY. One of my sisters even had some wigs (she obviously was experimenting with her own looks) and they were just the icing on the cake for this little CDr. There were even ballet outfits and a skating dress. I dressed almost daily from age 9 to about age 14 in perfectly fitting and age correct little girls clothes!! I am sure this is the reason for my preference for little girls and girls clothes, as opposed to womens clothes, today (I can and do dress my age but prefer the younger -much younger - look). Eventually my sisters grew older and moved out and eventually most of the clothes were gotton rid of. I was never 'caught' or anything but certain events would lead me to speculate that my sisters and mother may have suspected something - Im just not sure. I was always very carefull to put things back the way they had been in closets, drawers, etc., but doing this so often I never could be absolutely sure I covered my tracks. I think my best allie in stealth was the fact that my mother and sisters were so involved in their own lives they did not have time to really see what I was doing. To this day nothing has ever been said. I look back on that time in my life with both joy and sadness. Joy in what I had and sadness that I would never have it like that again.

Love and hugs to all,
    Patti Remick

First time when I was in second grade...I was a girl for Halloween.

Dani

As long as i can remember i have worn panties, not all the time just when i could slip out of the wash and put them back before mom would miss them. I never dress fully untill a few years ago. I was spending some time away from homeand was out shopping and it hit me. Out of the blue i got everything from my toes up. Shoes ,hose, panties, bra everythin,then i had my hair done. That was a fabulous week . fortunately iam able to spend a lot of time as my other self if there is a good balance i think I've found it.

it started when i was 12 i was to dress with my moms clothes when der was no one at home