Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sissy vs Transvestite? Is there a difference? What is cross-dressing for you?

I am from the perspective for which crossdressing is sexually fetishistic in the positive sense (on what privilege can someone label it as "perverse"?).

Note, that everything sexual is fetishistic. The notion that fetishism is about non-human "objects" is quaint!

So I am from the perhaps identical sexual source as "sissies" (autogynephilia), although I think the "sissy" idiom is crude and irritating. (Sexual arousal by the traumatic thought of relating oneself to symbols of embarrassing femininity, of which crossdressing is an exciting elaborate means for many of us to experience such).

It seems like there are a few like me in this thread, for which the sexual has the capacity to become internalized, especially as one becomes less sexual with age
    Last edited by auto andrea; 01-23-2013 at 03:23 PM.

Makeup addict!
    Friend, you're never going to find one absolute answer. For me personally, I just like women's clothing and I like wearing wigs

Quote Originally Posted by Jessica Who View Post
    There was a time during my teenage years that it was more toward the sexual end, I think many of this experience this, however now it is all about expression.
    Same - now they are just comfy clothes!

I started dressing first for experimentation when I was a teen-ager, then the dressing slowly grew through my adult life. My wife and I experimented with sissy-**** training
    and only added some parts to what we do. We are not a complete fem-dom couple, just at times.
    Who knows, maybe we will grow into that, or, like we have it now...we are each others' lesbian lovers.
    -Gwen

I have always been curious about what it feels like to be a woman. As far as sexuality I do things I feel I'd enjoy if I were a woman.

Cheers,

Thanks for the replies. I apologize if you thought that I was a "troll", this is an honest post. I'm still trying to figure myself out. I know that I have a cross-dressing fetish (bdsm). I just wanted to see if any self-identified cross-dressers started with BDSM, but then moved beyond that, and found it was more than just a fetish. So that I could attempt to better understand myself.

--> It seems like some did, however for most it was never related to a sexual fetish. Am I correct in stating that?

I've had a partial interest in the sissy fetish. I own a French Maid's outfit and sometime clean the house wearing it. My wife knows and doesn't mind, though I wish we could try a femdom scene. Her best friend knows and is dominant, but that hasn't been offered. Besides that I own other sexy outfits, so somehow my sexual desire for "hot" women is intwined. I also have transgendered feelings. So, I think for me, it's an internal desire to be a hot woman, some sort of gender-identity/sexual desire mix. I've yet to figure it out. But I don't like the sissy stuff that has to do with denial of orgasm, degradation, etc. I've only been interested in the "forced to be a female and/or sex slave" part. Suffice it to say, I like sissy roleplaying, but I'm no sissy. To me, a sissy would submit to all of the scene, being dominated to the point of degradation, being treated worthless, etc. I don't know how people like that. I'll be your French Maid Sex Toy, but you gotta respect me. LOL.
    Last edited by AmandaM; 01-26-2013 at 02:52 PM.

Fred, I don't know if I am a sissy or not. I like to wear pretty things and ave been told since I was a little boy a that I had a very strong feline side. With that said, I am not what I would call a "traditional" cross dresser. I love skirts because they let me feel free to move and they are pretty, I like panties because the give me a feeling of more support as well as comfort than male briefs or boxers. It doesn't matter to me if I am in a kilt or skirt because in my mind they are types of each other and I feel tat a skirt is more appropriate to the male anatomy than pants. I am a 6'2" guy with a bald head and graying beard and a small gut. I don't try to pass as female nor as my description of myself should tell you could I pass as a woman.

My point? If being in famine clothes fees right, go for it. If dressing in frilly clothes and being spanked turns you on, go for it. Just be yourself and let the world be damned and judge itself.

Quote Originally Posted by Cam View Post
    Fred, I don't know if I am a sissy or not. I like to wear pretty things and ave been told since I was a little boy a that I had a very strong feline side.
    Hmmm, strong feline side - that means that you may be a CAT.

Sorry, I couldn't resist!!
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Stephanie, I agree with you. I was also a child in the 60s. I was called "sissy" a lot then and on into my teen years. I was always facinated with my mother's things. By the time I was 12, I could do her hair better than she could. She would take me shopping to help her pick out clothes. But, I never felt comfortable with that side of myself, and worked hard through the teen years to develop masculine traits and movements to help me blend in and be accepted. I never really gave myself permission to explore crossdressing, beyond a handful of times, until just recently. While I'm very much a beginner, I am enjoying learning and experiencing. To get back to the original question, I really just love the beautiful things and am facinated with all of it, the makeup, the wigs, the idea of being smooth. But, I must also confess that I like the way it makes me feel. The idea of being attractive as a female does excite me some...perhaps because I am gay. For others, it's because they feel they truly are female at their core. As someone else said, people dress for many different reasons.
    Quote Originally Posted by stephNE View Post
    Back in the 60's, when I was in elementary school, sissy was the worst "curse" word we knew. If someone called you that, it was like fighting words. I loved the girls frilly pretty dresses, and so wanted to try them on. I just kept my feelings hidden.

PVC Crazy Member iwearstockings's Avatar
    I started with underwear as a teenager but over time( and a LOT of stuff bought on ebay!) I found what I Really love is pvc skirts, basques and boots. So it''s evolved quite a bit over time.. Oh yes and I love role play bdsm/bondage. theres no wrong way is there? just do what makes you feel good :^) not harming anyone x
    Peace through superior dress sense..

It's obvious that crossdressing means many differnt things to everyone who posted here. Not only that but it means different things at different points in our CD lives. I've never gotten into role playing or bdsm. When I was a kid it was to do with growing up surrounded by girls and later I was into erotic dressing. Now I am in a longterm relationship where my GF wouldn't be able to hande it. I find my response interesting in that I'm now drawn to Girly rather than Womanly clothes. My fav cotton panties have a teddybear on them and I love the feel and look of soft cotton light tops of pastel shades and the feel of leggings in this Irish winter. No idea what, if anything it all means,(getting in touch with inner teen girl?) but I love it and it completes me and makes me feel softer and happier. Who knows where it might take me next.

I really really really HATE the term "sissy" when applied to what we do. Sorry, but "sissy" to me was a derogatory term applied to me just before a bully or another beat the crap out of me.

I am merely a crossdresser because I choose to wear items of clothing and styles that are "assigned " to women.
    "I am not altogether on anyone's side as no one is all together on my side"
    Tree beard. Lord of the Rings, The Two Towers.

I feel 'sissy' refers more towards a fetishistic way of dressing.

crossdressing is not related to role.

I don't care for the word sissy myself. I have chosen to identify myself as a TGirl or TGal, something to me seems less a label and more light hearted. Though if anyone here embraces the word sissy and owns it that is perfectly fine and I make no judgment. We are all different and diverse, yet united by our love for dress (and dresses).

I'm both a man, who loves to camp, shoot, hike and hang out with my guy friends and have guy talk. I'm also a TGal who gets pissed off when she gets a tear in her new pantyhose or spills coffee on her blouse. Neither are in conflict. I am both and love being both.

I digress... Lol.

Think I'll sing a song...

I'M A TGIRL YES IT'S TRUE
    I'M A TGIRL HOW ABOUT YOU
    I LOVE NYLONS AND HIGH HEELS
    MINI SKIRTS AND SHOPPING DEALS
    I DON'T CARE WHAT PEOPLE SAY
    LIFE'S TOO SHORT GO OUT AND PLAY
    I'M A TGIRL YES IT'S TRUE
    I'M A TGIRL HOW ABOUT YOU

Cheers, Kalista

Fred has come back and stated he wasn't trolling. So, assuming positive intent here:

In my earlier years of Cd-ing, I explored the sissy thing because I didn't know any better. Thought that a guy in girls clothes had to be a sissy. There was no other explanation that I knew of, and it was a turn on. Then again, I was very young and everything turned me on including that dude with the long hair on the Quaker Oats box.

Maturity, research and many years later I find the sissy thing insulting. I feel I'm a have a right to live my life as I see fit and not try to fit someone else's mold or be belittled. Thus, I now get my girl on and don't over analyze why.

Good luck in your quest of finding the right you, Fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Brittany CD View Post
    For me personally, I just like women's clothing and I like wearing wigs
    I like wearing women's clothing, and decided to give up the wig and grow my hair long. I figure it's best to life to the fullest when you can.

"Light in the loafers", and so many other terms like Sissy, Perv, Deviant, Tranny, Gay, Weirdo, which the general "normie" public which does not understand. I was called Weird, tonight, by someone who i though accepted me with my dressing! I am turned off by the term, Sissy . I have not been into role playing, or Sissiness, just dressing up as a stylicsh, attractive tall lady.

Correction!! I was wrong! The person i though called my photos "weird", was not referring to my dressing!! She was referring to weird DREAMS she has. Boy, was I quick to judge!! Scares me!

I don't think of my crossdressing persona as a "sissy" at all. Quite the contrary. I think of Staci as being everything the male side of me is not. I get to retreat into another persona when I am having trouble on the male side of my life. When I get upset and stressed out, Staci is calm, smart, strong, and glamourous. She's not a "Sissy" by any means.

Hugs,
    Staci