Thread: Coping with dysphoria

Coping with dysphoria

As I have been wearing bras and dressing "en femme" more and more at home, I've started wearing homemade falsies in my bras. It makes me feel right to look like I have boobs... as I'm sure many of you understand. The downside is that I get really depressed and dysphoric when I have to take them off (e.g. for social outings where I am not out). Anybody have any coping tips that don't involve reaching for the liquor cabinet?

No, I'm sorry, i have no tips for you. I was suicidal until i got pretty far along in my transition.

I guess that would be my tip: aggressively pursue transition if that is what you need. If you haven't done so finding a qualified gender therapist would be the place to start.

I guess i do have a tip: start hair removal, if you haven't already done so, it will really help with gaining a more feminine appearance and give you the feeling that you are really doing something toward transition.
    Last edited by Aprilrain; 01-12-2013 at 12:17 PM. Reason: added tip.

thats a sign anna that you are going to have get more serious about dealing with it...

gender dysphoria never goes away, and if taking it all off starts causing more stress, thats meaningful...for me it was the hotel rooms i'd check into , get all dressed and then at 2am i'd have to take it all off to go to work the next day... years later, i would taking it all off at 6am while sobbing...using whole boxes of neutragina wipes trying to get the redness and makeup off my face...

starting hair removal is a good idea because it can give you a feeling of progress and it can be full of meaning for you...

Try thinking about how good you have felt and look forward to returning to that mode.

Banned Read only
    As long as you are leading a duel life this is something you will have problems with. Learn to accept it or doing something about it seem to be the only choices here. I would just run naked through the town square when it happened to me. That didn't go over too well though. Some crazy story about everyone needing to have cloths on always came up.

Quote Originally Posted by DeeArel View Post
    Try thinking about how good you have felt and look forward to returning to that mode.
    And if that dosen't work you might be transsexual.

Wow, I didn't know that was a symptom of dysphoria. I pretty much sob and shed tears when leaving Teresa's role and entering Tom's. That is one sad moment. That alone almost makes you not want to get dressed, because if you are dual role, it has to end. Don't know about you, but my spouse wants her hubby. Although sometimes she does come home to Teresa instead. Makes me feel better, her feel worse. Dual roles are hell, but better than it was.

But I had no idea that sadness when going drab was a part of gender dysphoria. I just thought it was due to saying goodbye to a dear person(a). I'm welling up just thinking about it. LOL. Well not really like LOL funny, but more like boohoo.
    Last edited by TeresaL; 01-14-2013 at 09:57 AM.