Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "You're a what?????"

"You're a what?????"

So many questions have been asked over the years directed to anyone born genetically male and who expresses themselves in a feminine way, by, people born genetically male and express a feminine side, about how, when, why do I tell my s/o about who I really am. The answers come in all flavours, sizes and shapes with a filing cabinet full of justifications. The simple amswer is of course, simply ask them in a generic way that does not out oneself at the time. That answer received might change if truth be known but a good idea of how they feel about it will come out. A good example of that would be a parent learning their child is gay. Prior to the knowledge, the parent might have commented in sentences using words such as,'faggot, queer', etc. After learning of the sons' true identity, in many cases, that all changes.

So let's put the proverbial shoe on the other foot:

How would you, as a genetically born male that expresses a feminine side, feel if you came home from work early unannounced, and saw your genetically born female s/o dressed in mens dress socks and dress shoes, with glued on beard, leg and chest hairs, getting ready to put on a mans dress shirt and pants?
    1: Would you feel violated?
    2: Would you feel your s/o lied to you about herself?
    3 : Do you believe you had a right to know this information at any time?
    4: Would you consider ending the relationship?
    5: Would you accept her partially or totally for who she really is?

I'd like to think I would be open minded about it. I've always had an open mind in the past.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I would not have any problems with it in a way that would change the relationship at all. I would feel like it was a good thing because I had learned something very intimate about my partner and it would make our bond even stronger. I would wonder though why she would want to because she already had the perfect image as a woman in my view, as I see all females as beautiful and all men as fairly ugly. I would help her in any way I could. I would not feel betrayed because she kept a secret from me, we all have our secrets we do not tell anyone, why would you be mad at someone who did the same thing you have done? Every single woman who is mad because you kept this a secret from her has secrets she never told you.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

It depends Hon. If I loved my SO as a person and loved being with that person, it would not matter that much. Couples who are close can live together for a lifetime and never really know everything about one another and learn something new every day.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

I'd be more upset that she hid it from me and yes she should have told me as soon as she wanted to start doing it. I would've helped her. If that's what you want to do then hell I'll dress up with you! After everything I've told her I don't think I have a place to judge and could accept her for whomever she is or decides to be.

...although she's so overtly feminine that she'd look slightly silly dressed as a man, especially with that beard. I wouldn't tell her that to her face though.
    Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I have to be a lady

~~Proudly Married!~~

Banned Read only
    No. No. Yes. No. Yes.

I am not sure the change in clothes would be all that much of a shocker to me,
    I would try like hell to accept however she chose to make her appearence. I married the person, not the look.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

1: Would you feel violated? Nope
    2: Would you feel your s/o lied to you about herself? No, but I would ask her what she was doing and why
    3 : Do you believe you had a right to know this information at any time? After 15 years, yes
    4: Would you consider ending the relationship? Oh hell no!
    5: Would you accept her partially or totally for who she really is? Just like she's accepted me! Probably be a little less skeeved out tho

The clothing does not change the quality of the person in them.
    I've always been open minded and always had friends who were gay, lesbian, or "different" in some way and never given it a second thought.
    Seeing as how my spouse accepts me and how I am how could I possibly turn my back on her for being the same.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Very good point. Honestly I'm not that open minded and I would be shocked. I want my women to be feminine, at least in appearance. The glued on beard, leg and chest hair would be a turn off, or maybe a good laugh. The men's clothing wouldn't be a major problem.

Platinum Member
    Very easy. I'd be totally cool with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kate Simmons View Post
    It depends Hon. If I loved my SO as a person and loved being with that person, it would not matter that much. Couples who are close can live together for a lifetime and never really know everything about one another and learn something new every day.
    Like Kate has said you learn something new every day.
    My wife is always finding little snippets of info about me all the time.
    Likewise I learn too.
    It takes a lifetime to do all these things so it will take a lifetime to find out.
    How much does a 25 year old know about their parents who died when they were 20?
    How much does a 40 year old know about their parents who are still alive.
    Believe me they are really lucky. (Smiley omitted.)
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    My wife did that once for National Crossdressers Day....I mean Halloween.

Gender role reversed relationship will have arrived!!!

I wouldn't go for the beard. But it would be way cool to go out as a couple, both of us crossdressed!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Quote Originally Posted by jillleanne View Post

How would you, as a genetically born male that expresses a feminine side, feel if you came home from work early unannounced, and saw your genetically born female s/o dressed in mens dress socks and dress shoes, with glued on beard, leg and chest hairs, getting ready to put on a mans dress shirt and pants?
    1: Would you feel violated?
    No. Violated? I guess I don't understand that emotion in this context. Shocked? Maybe
    2: Would you feel your s/o lied to you about herself?
    Maybe, probably. Even though I do understand that there are something in a relationship that may be too private to discuss. This has never been an issue in my relationships. Maybe it is a an unfair question since we see the grass from the other side of the fence. And there will be some honest hypocrites posting here. The ones who believe the sauce for the gander is special to them.
    3 : Do you believe you had a right to know this information at any time?
    One would hope. As I said there ARE things best unshared but this is part of who she is. I would hope she (or he if the chips fall that way) would NEVER ever feel that they could not explain or tell me what they feel inside. Yes it hurts (I have been through something FAR more than a pair of pants that I feel should have been shared but wasn't) and it still hurts a little, but you learn to go on. Love is not a "IF" you do this proposition.
    4: Would you consider ending the relationship?
    For this? Love doesn't care about your clothing. Love does not care abiout the gender you feel inside. Love does not care about little things. Short of murder or equal (and even then, love may not go away...just the SO). So, no. Because I have felt love, I know what it is and it isn't that thing that most people marry for, the physical the external the "requirement". No, this is not a deal breaking proposition. Maybe I am the strange one but this is a speed bump. It may take you by surprise. It may shock you. It may make you wonder what else you should know. But if it is love, it doesn't change with your underwear.
    5: Would you accept her partially or totally for who she really is?
    The two women I shared my life with had their own personality, their own style, their own way of living. I knew this going into both relationships. It is what I want. I don't want (or need) a Stepford wife. The quirks are what makes them who they were. Mine didn't bother them, I won't let theirs bother me. My wife was not a girly girl. I loved when she dressed up like tat but that was an extreme rarity. And she looked great when she did. My GF on the other hand WAS a girly girl. She owned on pair of shoes without heels because you can't workout in heels., she wore skirts, dresses, slacks, capris and even once just for me hot pants. I would ask that they both wear things to please me, sometimes they did just for me but then they went back to who they were. I accept the person, the inner person. So yes, I would no matter what.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 01-06-2013 at 02:04 PM.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Banned Read only
    I would be totally cool with all of it.

My eyes would get big, I'd laugh in a good natured kind of way and ask her non-chalantly, "So, where's the party? Should I get dressd up too?"

Hi Jillieanne,
    What a great question.
    I don't think that I would feel violated or lied to but the information would be important to know. However, she may have been quite confused and possibly could not disclose without exploring further by herself/himself?
    Ending the relationship would seem drastic but it would definitely be quite a challenge to try to get used to the beard and body hair.... that could be the most difficult part.

Would she be wearing a strap on too?

Monica

I would have no problem with it. What is good for the goose is good for the gander. It might even turn out to be fun.

Hose & Heel Loving Divia. Lee Andrews's Avatar
    As a CDer I would like to think it wouldn't bother me but seeing as I am going through this on the reverse side of the coin.... I wonder if I wasn't a crossdresser if it I would see things differently?
    Trying to come to grips with this lovely thing called Crossdressing.

Thankful there is a place to ask for help.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Well, it's going to be different when your questions are asked to people on this site because we are not looking at things from a cis perceptive and so we're almost certainly going to be more tolerant than a non TG partner would be. Your scenario is an interesting one, and as a matter of fact (and I know it's not the same) my wife has dressed up as a dude with binding and padding and theatrical glue-on facial hair (which is very realistic) and she has gone out with me several times in public dressed like this and to be honest, I kind of like it when she is a dude as I think it's fun. All the times have (so far) been for a costume party but she did kind of like it herself and we did talk about us maybe going out together to a bar with her dressed as a dude and me in boy mode (two "guys" out together instead of our usual two "girls" out together) but she she she couldn't do it as it would be too scary for her to go to a bar as she said she would get "read" ... welcome to my world I joked! LOL
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    I would imagine that some would not like their SO doing this because they aren't gay; which is the problem many SO's would have. I don't see a problem as long as there is nothing sexual involved; unless everyone is in agreement. My wife will go out with me as two girls out and about. I wouldn't have a problem if it were reversed.
    Dana Ryan

I would be surprised and a little shocked as she is always making it a point to say how much she like's being a GG. After the initial surprise, I would excuse myself with her permission and let her resume what she was doing. I figure, since I didn't tell her about me, I've got no right to judge her. It would lead to the conversation I've been dying to have though. If she want's to crossdress once in a while, I get to also. Win-win for both of us.

I didn't read through all the answers, so I may be the only one like this, but again I may not. We are that way. We are both transgendered. My wife has a very strong masculine side to her. Some days she feels as she was supposed to be male. And some days I feel I should have been female. So it wouldn't surprise me if I did come home to that. I know we'd talk about it before that would ever happen. Just the kind of relationship we have.