Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone Ever Done A "Trans-Trip"?

Anyone Ever Done A "Trans-Trip"?

My wife and I just had a talk because I expressed a need to crossdress more often and to be out in public during. Well for a variety of reasons my wife thinks that unless I am willing to out myself to everyone in town, I am not yet ready to go out and about. I don't think she meant this in a bad way and the reasoning seems logical as our town is "everyone knows everyone" size.

However her suggested solution is that once a month or once every two months (finances permitting), we would take a drive to one of the large metropolitan cities in our area and stay in a cheap motel/hotel for a few days. We live very close to several big cities including two capital cities where they are not only more trans-friendly but the larger population allows me to blend in more easily and I have no relatives or friends there who could accidently spot and then out me.

I've been out in public while crossdressed with my wife twice and we both had a great time but that was on our honeymoon and a "for-fun" trip, both of which happened in different cities. During these "trans-trips" I would be allowed to crosslive for as long as I wanted to or was comfortable with. We'd still do our normal couple things and she thinks it would be good "real-world" experience for me. I can still crossdress as much as I want to in the privacy of our own home.

Has anyone had experience doing something like this? Does it seem like a good idea?
    Just because I'm a woman doesn't mean I have to be a lady

~~Proudly Married!~~

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    I am not sure of your location, I'd assume West Coast, but I would do some research and make sure you go to a safe area. I think it's a great idea, my wife and I have discussed it also.

eventually the real world is going to include the town you live in.

Had a two day experience in Vegas recently...it was great and liberating
    http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ophia-in-Vegas

nevermind,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
    Last edited by Miranda-E; 01-06-2013 at 05:07 PM. Reason: thread was moved to different forum

A couple of years ago my wife and I went to a bed and breakfast in Blackpool who were doing a special weekend for trannies. It was lovely. You would come down to breakfast dressed. My wife and I would spend the day going round having a girlie day out.in the evening the B&B owner would take us out for the evening to gay bars. Bliss

Maria

Though I go out in my area and all my neighbors know I dress, I've done a lot of the "transtrips" also. I think it's a great idea for your situation. Get out there and live a little.

Quote Originally Posted by Duana View Post
    Though I go out in my area and all my neighbors know I dress, I've done a lot of the "transtrips" also. I think it's a great idea for your situation. Get out there and live a little.
    A-MEN Sister. I do the same. Hit the town where I live and take trip's for the fun of it all.

Living in a small town where everybody knows everything about everybody is an unusual experience. I lived in one of those places for 5 years. You can almost do nothing without everyone knowing what your biz is. That is a good thing and a bad thing. So it's not right or wrong. It just is.

So go for the " Trans Trip " Sounds like fun.

Cheers
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

even though we live on base and there are a lot of military personnel around where we live i have gone out a few times and fortunately havent been made yet.....key word yet

A few people in town know about me, and this afternoon, I think a few of my neighbors now know. Like you, a small, we know everybody type town, I spent the weekend in the capital with a group of girls. I was dressed the whole time, and came home dressed this afternoon. I prefer to go out of town, and I've presented androgynously locally, but not fully dressed, since last halloween. Today, I decided to come home dressed, and I don't really care who saw me. I'm a widower, no family in town and nothing to lose, so to speak.
    Yes, go out of town and stretch your legs, so to speak. You may develop the confidence to out yourself, or you may want to continue going elsewhere to go out. Either way, you are right. Good luck and happy dressing!
    Leah

Marie S I do the same,we travel down to my wifes sister and then I dress and go out.I can understand why you dont do it locally.I used to live on Sheppy in Queenborough.

I travel for business and dress then, it is great.

About a year ago my wife and I did a fall vacation and spent a week touring New England. I spent the entire week dressed and hated to have to revert when we came home, but then work and bills do call...

It was great fun and a big boost for my confidence going out as I had to interact with lots of people. The pressure was off though since the chance of meeting someone I knew was so low.

Go for it...you'll love it!!
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I'm with Leah on this one. Actually we headed to a 'major metropolitan' area and met up with others at a LBGT friendly bar. For me it was a few hundred cornfields away as my town is way too small to be out and about in. A four hour drive, checked into a hotel, got dressed and headed out for the bar. Had a few drinks and chatted and laughed the night away.

The next day, some of us met up at a coffee shop and headed out shopping... Yea, it was a blast. Best trip yet...

Renne......

I think that is a great idea. We're in the same situation. The town we live in is too small to go out dressed. My fiancé and I have talked about taking a trip to the city, get a cheap motel room and being enfemme all weekend. The only time I've been out in public dressed so far was alone when I took a trip to Vegas last October. Now I want to do it again!!!! My fiancé has talked about going to a transgender friendly cruise and stay enfemme the whole time then as well. Looking forward to the future....

Thanks everyone for the replies. I know that I'm going to out myself eventually and will be proud to go out into my own city dressed but I'm the patient type and that is a big step. I have plenty of time and want to grow more confident and comfortable with everything before I blindly rush into something, no matter how exciting it is. Slow and steady. These trips will do just that and will allow my wife time to grow comfortable as well because her feelings are important too.

Tiffany Ember, my wife was reading this topic as well and is intrigued by this transgender friendly cruise you mentioned. Do you know the specific cruise line? I'm doing my own research but am pulling up very little for whatever reason.

~~Proudly Married!~~

I have not had the opportunity, but it all sounds wonderful and what a joy to spend the time doing this with your wife! You are very fortunate. Good luck to you both.
    Di

The one we have found so far is called the Dignity Cruise. The cruise line appears to be Carnival and the port City is New Orleans. The next cruise is the last part of October over into November of this year. Just do a search on dignity cruise. I'm searching for others as well. Sounds like sooooo much fun!!!!

Found this link to the information for those who are interested

Geez though, I live far away from New Orleans and it's almost $300 per person. Bummer cause my wife and I agree that it'd be tons of fun.

~~Proudly Married!~~

Banned Read only
    Hi beautiful, I love that smile of yours. I get to do "trans-trips" quite often because I regularly travel outside the US. Like yourself, I'm not out much around home, but I have lots of opportunity to travel en femme, both driving and flying. I get on planes all the time in complete gal regalia with my male ID and noone has ever taken issue with it. I've had a few questions by law enforcement while driving, but it was just inquisitive stuff and not ever negative.

This one thing; wherever you go, you will likely run into stupid people with narrow minds who will say unkind things behind your back wanting you to hear and respond. Most of the time I ignore the stupidity; sometimes, I put them in their place and watch them cower. Ignorance works like that.

Whatever you do, have fun.

I haven't been out-out, but my wife and I will periodically rent some secluded place and I dress en femme the entire time. That said, it's always just she and I. I will go for a walk in the woods or walk down to the creek from the cabin. That seems to satisfy my need -- so far. Like you, my town is small, uber-conservative, and they would n-e-v-e-r be okay with my dressing. Most would likely not say anything to my face, but most all would privately ostracize and I've no doubt some would start a scene which would lead to violence. This is just not a part of the country where you "come out" safely, and I have children I would not expose to that.

So, if I ever do get out it will be in a land far, far away . . .

PacBlue,

I would modify Lara's advise slightly (hope you don't mind Lara):

Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    This one thing; wherever you go, IF you run into stupid people with narrow minds who will say unkind things behind your back wanting you to hear and respond. Most of the time I ignore the stupidity; sometimes, I put them in their place and watch them cower. Ignorance works like that.

Whatever you do, have fun.
    I have run into very few situations like this. So don't worry about it happening. If you are with your wife, you don't need to worry about what happened to me this weekend. I was going back to my room in the Crowne Plaza in Boston and some guy hit on this 60 year old broad!

BTW, if you haven't used Priceline or similar sites to find a room in the big city, that is how I got the Crowne Plaza for $45.

Good luck and have fun.

Leann
    Leann

Enjoy who you are but stay safe.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JBPerry View Post
    even though we live on base and there are a lot of military personnel around where we live i have gone out a few times and fortunately havent been made yet.....key word yet
    Be careful, be very careful please....

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by donnatracey View Post
    Be careful, be very careful please....
    I would suggest this approach for cheap hotel or motels as well.

What I would suggest though, is attending a TG Convention. There are many around the country and give you an opportunity to get out in an organized way.
    Dana Ryan

Silver Member
    Because I live in such a small town that is what I did was take overnight trips to the city, usually combining it with hair removal, therapist, tg support group and later seeing a doctor for hrt, none of which I could get locally. My wife would usually go with me very grateful to her to do that as I gained some confidence. When I finally started dressing as a woman at home everyone pretty much already knew what I was doing.