Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busted Browsing Crossdressers.com

Question Busted Browsing Crossdressers.com

Has anyone ever been browsing on Crossdressers.com and have some snoop sneak up on you and see what you were doing? I was just wondering as the logo comes up very prominently at the top of every new page. I've almost been busted several times myself but I am addicted so I keep coming back.

I have had it open a few time when student have come in and forgot to close it I don't know it they even saw it, nothing was said.

Banned Read only
    I had this happen at a restaurant and also a copy shop.

sometimes its not viewable to someone from an angle because my screen on my laptop is polarized.

I accept myself as is Gillian Gigs's Avatar
    The only computer that I use to access this web site is at home. My wife is well aware of my using this site for, or to get help and encouragement. She has come into the computer room many times when I am on line, and she occasionally asks about what is new.
    I like myself, regardless of the packaging that I may come in! It's what is on the inside of the package that counts!

oops
    that happen once on facebook.forgot to log out and this friend wanted to use my computer, i said ok,well guess what came out, my avatar.he looked at it and ask, is that you.well the only thing i could say was "does that look like me?" he said no and that was all he said.needless to say now i always make sure to logged out
    janielatb: I'm in love with the person inside me.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin View Post
    Has anyone ever been browsing on Crossdressers.com and have some snoop sneak up on you and see what you were doing? I was just wondering as the logo comes up very prominently at the top of every new page. I've almost been busted several times myself but I am addicted so I keep coming back.
    It is a very ... loud and proud sort of logo, that can be seen from quite a distance. I've wondered about it occasionally, although it has no direct effect on my life, as I'm not hiding it from anyone. For anyone deep in the closet though, I can see it making them that bit more paranoid when browsing here.

If you are running Firefox you can install the Adblock Plus add-on and then designate any picture or logo you wish to not show.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Whenever my daughter walks over to the computer to show/tell me something, I simply press "Minimize"!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by Engendered View Post
    It is a very ... loud and proud sort of logo, that can be seen from quite a distance. I've wondered about it occasionally, although it has no direct effect on my life, as I'm not hiding it from anyone. For anyone deep in the closet though, I can see it making them that bit more paranoid when browsing here.
    Absolutely! imagine browsing with an IPAD on the bus/train?

Personally I've not been close to being busted on here, now i have said that I have probably tempted fate!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yep, my secretary came in one day and caught me.... It was shocking for a moment, then she said are you a cross dresser? I said yes. Then I said, I'm the same person I was 5 minutes ago ,except more embarrassed. She laughed. At that point she had been my secretary for 20 years, now I show her my pictures all the time and she critiques my clothing choices.

As a supervisor, I have been know to have the power of the 'alt-tab'. When I'm walking around the building, I can tell who's not working aka surfing by watching their left hand. You'll see them, they're the ones with a thumb on the 'alt' key and their ring finger on the 'tab' key. As soon as I start walking in their area, I hear the alt-tab go off and walah their screen shows them working on something related to work.

If you're really good at it, you'll turn your monitor so that it can't be seen by passersby and you'll add a privacy screen so you have to be directly in front of it to see it. Also, if you walk away from your own screen, switch to passwork to unlock screensaver....

Renne.....

Not nessasarily busted but getting very close. I can only peruse this site at work and have had a few untimely guests come in and see. For the most part they think it is facebook or something, never looking too close.

I only surf the net at home also so I am not worried about anyone seeing me on the site. MY SO knows I visit this page regularly
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Busted? Just by my wife. But she already knew.

Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    Yep, my secretary came in one day and caught me.... It was shocking for a moment, then she said are you a cross dresser? I said yes. Then I said, I'm the same person I was 5 minutes ago ,except more embarrassed. She laughed. At that point she had been my secretary for 20 years, now I show her my pictures all the time and she critiques my clothing choices.
    Lisa:

Hats off to you for fast thinking. Your quick wit probably took what would have been an awkward few moments, and then who knows ----- and instead gave you a new friendship that I'm sure you never ever saw coming.

Rhonda

Avatar: not me (I wish!) racquelr's Avatar
    I have wished at times there was an option on the site to hide the prominent logo that's at the top of the page. Without that, it looks like any normal discussion forum (as long as you don't read the subject headings too closely )
    Eryn - Thanks for the tip on Adblock Plus - I'll look into that

Complex Lolita...
    Quote Originally Posted by Suzy Satin
    Has anyone ever been browsing on Crossdressers.com and have some snoop sneak up on you and see what you were doing?
    [SIZE="2"]No, but I once showed the site to my sister and watched (gauged) her reaction. She seemed VERY squeamish about looking at it, but she was bemused by my femme name and presence. You know, I sit in a small room when I type these things, and I have purposely made it very difficult for someone to peek over my shoulder – I don’t think I would try logging on in a less intimate setting, to tell the truth, since few “normal” people can appreciate deviancy…
    [/SIZE]

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I don't use my work computer to visit this site, or even their wireless network. The most I will do from there is use my phone over the cellular data network (and, even then, only in a password-protected alternate browser app). I do worry sometimes about someone spotting me that way...the logo is about the only thing legible in a full page view on a phone screen!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

All my family know that I go on here so not much point in hiding it
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Joanne

Banned Read only
    Just only one time this has happened to me, but not counting the many times my wife has walked in and looked over my shoulder, but then she already knows. But when I was at SCC back in September, I was in the lobby and wasn't involed in too much, so I was using the Hotel's computers and another member from here touched me on the shoulder and said, I see you're looking at CD.com. I said, yes, she asked are you a member? I said yes. She said she was a member also.

For anyone concerned about viewing any site, you can use the private browsing option in your browser which can be quickly closed using a keyboard shortcut if you are concerned, and as it is in private mode it doesn't keep a history that others can view (I use a Mac and the shortcut for Firefox and Safari is cmd+shift+p)
    Every morning we wake up, healthy or not, given the opportunity to remake ourselves. We do not have to let the person we were yesterday define who we are today. The promise of each new dawn can be squandered by repeating patterns and habits that have always held us back, or we can decide that today we will finally treat ourselves with kindness. -Wheelchair Kamakaze

Ayup... Busted by the SO a couple times by the 'site... at least should be if she had better eyesight. Several times I thought I'd logged off in the nick 'o time only to see the crossdressers.com logo still showing... (Hint to the managment, when I log out of the forum, I want the page GONE!)

Fortunately for this concern, her eye sight is worse than mine and even though she knows about Kat, she doesn't recognise the site.

The offspring unit however has much better sight, and likely has caught the CD site up more than once. That plus helping out with the weekly laundry and lack of tidy-whities coming through the laundry in my size, 2+2 has probably come up 5. A couple times.

$.02
    Kat
    Last edited by Kat42; 01-09-2013 at 03:02 AM. Reason: grammar

I haven't been busted by anyone I know, but then I tend to browse the site when I'm alone, or using my phone when I'm away from home. On the computer I always use private or incognito mode to conceal my browsing history for this site. My phone has an exceptionally large screen and the site's logo is definitely a give-away, but I don't particularly care if strangers see me browsing it anyway and the majority of the time I've scrolled down so you can't see the logo. If you have an Android phone, try using Opera Mini with "Single column view" enabled - it's great for this site and gets the logo up and out of the way pretty quickly. That said, I don't have a problem with the logo - I like its shamelessness and wouldn't necessarily want to change or get rid of it.

I have been busted by my wife several times. It is uncomfortable for her when she sees me on this site, but she knows I dress. Makes for a quiet period between us then fades.

I keep coming to this site daily
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

It's a bloody big logo when you are riding Amtrak and people are going up and down the aisle.
    Sometimes, PINK and blue are not my favorite colors.
    You go from one page to the next and viola! there it is for all to see.
    I think a stealth mode would be great....
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.