Thread: Las Vegas travel log, part 1 (AllieSF would be proud)

Banned Read only

Las Vegas travel log, part 1 (AllieSF would be proud)

I arrived in LV today (the 8th) and immediately after checking in to my hotel, got dressed. Just a casual denim skirt and top for a brief walk to get my bearings. I screwed up my nail polish so bad that it took me more than an hour to get out!

I had dinner plans with Misstgatv from this forum so I returned from my walk about to put on a dress and do my eye makeup for a little more dramatic look. (I'll post pictures later but Missy does not want her face shown so I have to do some editing when I get home).

We had a great dinner in a mainstream restaurant and then made our way to Fremont St and shot pool at Drink and Drag. Shooting pool in a dress and heels was a whole new experience. There is no question some folks on the street knew us as cross dressers but no uncomfortable looks or comments. We were treated kindly and with respect everywhere.

The moral of the story is, if you want to go out, go. Find a friend and go out. It's a a blast.

pictures: me at Fremont Street, Missy and I at dinner, me at the close of the evening.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 01-11-2013 at 01:15 AM. Reason: added pictures

I am glad you had a great time. Next time you need to do the zip line in heels and long skirt.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I don't need to be proud of you. You always look terrific as if you have been doing it all your life. Have you? Sounds like you had a great time. A wonderful way to pass an afternoon is walking in the Caesar's Palace shopping mall. It was fun browsing all the stores and trying on things that you like. I can't wait to see your pics. Oh, I learned from another friend of mine from this site, that taking a little polish with you while out, you may be able to find a quiet coffee shop to paint your nails, let them dry as you chat away with a friend.

Sounds fun, Jennifer!

Enjoy! And please keep us updated with story and pictures!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Glad you had a good time in Vegas, Freemont street is one of my favorite spots to go dressed as a lady, the GG tourists just love me, I get alot of hugs and kisses from them. There is alot of things to do in Vegas when dressed enfemme. So have fun!.

In Las Vegas you do stand out if you go around by yourself.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Great information Jennifer thanks so much for sharing. Please keep us posted.
    Teri Ray Rural Idaho Girl.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by AllieSF View Post
    I don't need to be proud of you. You always look terrific as if you have been doing it all your life. Have you? Sounds like you had a great time...
    HAVING a great time. it aint over yet. You know you are my "going out" role model! It is a really amazing experience to be dressed and made up my best and feel like I belong like that. No embarrassments. The funny thing about Fremont St was that I think I made some tourists day when a woman noticed me (only from 5 ft) and she had a great big smile. Kind of,"Hey, I saw one of those crazy sights you see in L.V." looks.

Aspiring Member
    Sounds like you're having a great time, & what an awesome place to get out too. Have a blast

Glad your having fun here girl, wishing I was free to met up for some lunch. Im sure you can tell the town is vouncing. Last 3 days have been 14 hrs long with 3 more left to go. If your gonna go out dressed why not in Vegas hehe. Now I could only imagine doing the zip line in a skirt lol. Wait til they build the one thats longer and higher up hehe.
    Renee

The avvy pic isn't me
    Awesome!!!

Glad to hear this Jennifer, brightens my day...specially considering the weather here of late. Not sure when your coming home but a severe cold front is moving in soon.

Maybe you should arrange to stay for another couple of months?

I'm jealous by the way, but do have fun!

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Jen,
    Sounds like you're really having a good time. Funny about shooting pool as I did that the other night while out with Allie. You just can't, or maybe one should depending on the length of the dress, just lean over the table for a shot.
    Enjoy the remainder of your trip and can't wait to see the pics.
    Rach

Just can't help myself! Brenda456's Avatar
    Vegas is fun. With any luck I'll be there in march for a couple of days. Keep us posters and let us know,of good places to hang out!

Good for you. keep us updated. You are a inspiration to us all

Jules

Glad to see you're having a good time. I love to read about Vegas because I'm going there in June.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Drink and Drag us so much fun. I actually bowled very well in a corset and skirt when I was there.

Banned Read only
    added pictures from that night

Love the dress and outfit. You look like any other well dressed Vegas visitor, which from my experience are sometimes few and far between. I saw more shorts and jeans than skirts and dresses when i was there. It is always good to help spruce of the local scene and you are doing a great job. Thanks for sharing.

[SIZE="3"]Hi Jennifer, Sounds like your having fun and you look wonderful!! I miss Vegas so much having lived there for 15 years.....

[/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

that is so cool. I can't wait to go out like that and have some fun.

Gold Member
    Glad you are having a blast. Vegas is almost a natural for us as long as you stay in the right locations. Fremont St is a must to me as there is enough going on all around, it relaxes everyone and you can only have fun. Now if you want to do it for another week, there is Diva Las Vegas in the middle of April. <wink, wink>