Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: What about your wife?

Accepting but not participating; I am in here. A participant.
    My wife runs hot and cold. When we are away I get encouragement. At home don't let anyone know.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

My wife accepts it but is close to DADT. She has given me a drawer in her dressere for my underwear so our kids don't find panties and bras in Dad's dresser if they go snooping. Has on occasion bought me lingerie, a bloouse and a dress over the last however many years. But has alos told me that she does not find me a turn or have any attraction to me when I am dressed. She has a lot of questions about my sexuality but they have seemed to lessen as time has gone by...all and all, I will take what she gives and appreciate that she let's me explore my feminine side.

My wife is accepting and participates in that we have been shopping together for clothes and for shoes.
    We often joke about it and her attitude is it's still me no matter what I wear. My personality doesn't change when I'm dressed. We'll often critique womens dresses and makeup on tv especially Tess daley on stricly come dancing lol
    I usually sleep in knickers or nighties but recently toning it down as have a 3 year old who saw some knee high boots and said "daddies boots" lol. We will discuss it when she's old enough to understand but don't want her getting bullied cos daddy wears dresses :-).
    Last edited by *ROXY*; 01-11-2013 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Spelling
    Foxy Roxy has entered the building

Gold Member
    My wife is accepting and an enthusiastic participant. She is always willing to go out with me no matter where we are going. She regularly goes to TG or Tri-Ess groups with me and should be going to Diva Las Vegas with me this year (family issues have blocked her for the last few years and I really hope she makes it, she has earned it.). I believe from our discussions that she would be okay with coming out to everyone, so I am actually the throttle on who knows instead of her.

Hot and cold. Started hot. Full sexual encounters. But it cooled. Got hot again and back to cold.
    Stephanie

Worlds Prettiest Dad!!! Jocelyn Quivers's Avatar
    My wife is supportive, accepting, and participates in a way that could be described as a dream come true. Also to her credit she loves, accepts, and most importantly put's up with my male persona, and many of the annoying traits I share with the male persona. It's bad enough that in guy mode I leave underwear, socks, and clothes scattered about. One can only imagine my wife's frustation with pantyhose, bras, shoes, panties, make stains in the bathroom, etc. being scattered about. Her one rule is no permanent Jocelyn 24/7, and pick up my clothes.
    [SIZE="3"]MUSCULAR GIRLS ARE PRETTY!!![/SIZE]

Current Inspirational Song-"Running Free"- Kissin Dynamite

M-E-A-T, M-A-C-H-I-N-E, MEAT MACHINE!, MEAT MACHINE!!!
    The Governor for President 2016!!
    All I want for Christmas is an Anita Model Synth

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Laura28 View Post
    My wife is fine with it, she encourges me at every oppotuniuty, she buys me stuff and is fine with me dressing. However i struggle dressing in fron of her even though she is fine with it??? What is with that???
    Laura, I still feel "weird" dressed in front of my wife. I think mostly because I am not being a "man" when dressed. She has zero issue with it. I always ask her for feedback on the outfit or makeup and she is great with objective, constructive criticism. Once I get past my first appearance, I always settle down. It's a little funky but all part of the fun.

My wife is half way between accepting and participating. She fully accepts my female persona but will not been seen out with me. She says this is because she would feel for me everyone looking and passing comments even though I have tried to explain that that is not the case. However she does participate by buying clothes with us both in mind and ensuring quality management is maintained in how I look.

Maria

My wife is accepting and supportive, buys me lots of female gifts and quite happy to go shopping with me.

My wife is somewhere between participating and being the initiator. She just doesn't want to come out into the public limelight with me.

My wife is accepting with occasional participation.

My wife is supportive, encouraging, and helpful. She knows all about it and helps me pick out my wardrobe. Heck, we love shopping together and I even buy clothes for her. We have occasional getaways where I can dress in full, but we stay inside. We don't go out and I've never been in misty mode in public. Friends, family and kids do not know and my wife and I desire to keep it that way.

My wife is accepting and honestly tries, But most of the time I really get the feeling that she wishes it would just go away.
    She tolerates it because it makes me happy.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

My wife knows and accepts and loves me. She would prefer I did not dress but has no desire to end our relationship. I also love her very much.

Quote Originally Posted by JamieG View Post
    My wife is accepting with occasional participation.
    I'd say pretty much the same thing, though the participation is reluctant at times. She's been out twice with me (a third is in the works) and had much more enjoyable times than she expected, but not without a lot of trepidation.

I told her shortly after we started dating and it's been a roller-coaster ride to get where we're at today. I'm sure that if she had her wishes she'd much rather this was never in our lives but because she realizes how much it means to me she's done her best to understand, accept, and help where and when she can. The ride isn't always smooth but I wouldn't trade it or her for anything.

-Bree

Quote Originally Posted by julie marie1 View Post
    For those of us who are married how does our wife feel about your female persona?
    Is she: In the dark; Over my dead body; Unenthusiastic but not opposed; Accepting but not participating; A participant, or (I expect in unusual cases) The initiator?
    I guess I'd have to be a participant with many times being the initiator. Many times I find excuses to get the children out of the house so he has time to relax properly, and when the children go off to grandparents during school holidays I often say "why are you not pretty yet?".

I told my wife before we were married and she seemed open at the time to trying to understand. But I was very nervous about it and I didn't handle it as I should have. As we've gotten older (we've been married almost 30 years) we've settled into a DADT routine. She knows I underdress daily and I feel my crossdressing is the elephant in the room.

One of the reasons I started on this board two weeks ago is to try to figure out a way to break the logjam and get the conversation flowing again.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie Sparks View Post
    I told my wife before we were married and she seemed open at the time to trying to understand. But I was very nervous about it and I didn't handle it as I should have. As we've gotten older (we've been married almost 30 years) we've settled into a DADT routine. She knows I underdress daily and I feel my crossdressing is the elephant in the room.

One of the reasons I started on this board two weeks ago is to try to figure out a way to break the logjam and get the conversation flowing again.
    Like with anything the spark has to be ignited again, maybe the spark needs to be found again. If you've been married for so long then something must be going right. Is this a part of you that she feels hard to be part of, as in it's something which can't be enjoyed together. I mentioned before in other posts that we play games together, not sexual games, just dressing up games. We had one where we each had to guess which outfit the other was thinking of and without saying anything go and put it on, 9 times out of ten there would be a shout of "biatch I was going to wear that one". We also had a game where in an hour we had to take turns to dress in the most outlandish outfit ever, mixing various neon colours and going for serious random looks. I'm working on a game at the moment based on battleships, making a huge game board but instead of the ships it's a card with a code on it that corresponds to a packet containing an item of clothing. if one of us scores a hit on that point we have to put on the item of clothing. It will leave us both wearing a right mish mass of clothes but it'll be one hell of a laugh and certanly gives us something to talk about.

My wife for now is in the accepting and supportive bu not participating
    Formerly Lolisa

Mostly in the dark, by choice, but seriously opposed when I want to go out, but not talking of divorce. DADT doesn't work when I go out because she is (rightfully) concerned if I'm out later tyhan normal and she doesn't know where I am.
    Last edited by Sometimes Steffi; 01-13-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    Hi, I'm Steffi and I'm a crossdresser... And I accept and celebrate both sides of me. Or, maybe I'm gender fluid.

My wife is*unenthusiastic but not opposed. Meaning I can dress in front of her, but she usually like I guess it's okay to dress. Love her very much and grateful she allows the occasional dress up time.

Quote Originally Posted by Richelle View Post
    I say a combination of Unenthusiastic but not opposed; Accepting but not participating

She knows that I occasional go out as Richelle. But we never talk about it and I only do it when I know we will not be home.

Hover at the same time, we went out cloths shopping last month. I was in male mode and we bought be paints and tops from the womens department. I ware these in male mode. Also, we get our manicures and pedicures together.

Richelle
    Ditto... sigh....

Quote Originally Posted by MsRenee View Post
    My girl totally loves me dressing. Always finding something cute for the other or something for us to share. We just happen ro wear rhe same size heel, so you can imagine if we both wanna wear the same ones its rock ,sxissors,paper to the winner. lol
    Renee
    Lol.... this is where I wish we were!

My wife believes that dressing in clothes of the opposite sex is perversion and that anyone who does this is a pervert. It is an unhappy situation for both of us.

Quote Originally Posted by Cheryl James View Post
    My wife believes that dressing in clothes of the opposite sex is perversion and that anyone who does this is a pervert. It is an unhappy situation for both of us.
    Throw away every single pair of her trousers/jeans, afterall following that train of thought she'd be one too

Strangely, I know what both sides are like. My ex wife was basically bi-polar so we would go through a month of her being totally accepting followed by a month of absolute rejection! At one point she would be doing my makeup and helping me shop for clothes and a few days later she would throw away everything in my closet and tell me never to dress again.

Not surprisingly this same "flip flopping" behavior was manifest in other areas of life as well, hence she is now my ex-wife. If I ever re-marry it will be with a partner who loves both me and Stephanie.
    Last edited by StephanieJ; 01-15-2013 at 04:28 PM.