Thread: Las Vegas Travellog, part two (strangest comment I have ever received)

Banned Read only

Las Vegas Travellog, part two (strangest comment I have ever received)

Again, pictures will be forth coming but day two inLas Vegas started with a walk over to the convention center (more than 200K people come in for this event). On the walk over, I wore my sunglasses so I could look at the passers-by and I didn't see one double take. As always, men are clueless but I only felt a few of the women really looking.

So on the walk back, I'm checking my mail only phone and a guy walking past says,"I don't mean to be disrespectful, buy you got some great legs there." No joke. I said nothing but I wasn't sure how to feel about it. I guess I'm appreciative in an odd sense but I can see how that would bother real women.

Going to dinner this evening in a more businesslike dress. Should be fun!

My denim skirt/pink top in which I received the comment and walked about at CES, my dress that evening. Sorry about the weird bent over pose, but I used my DSLR camera and didnt have a tripod.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jenniferathome; 01-11-2013 at 01:19 AM. Reason: added pictures

See, even those moron knuckle dragging men know a good thing when they see it. Yes, you do have great legs. Must come from the jeans, genes or those tight biking shorts that you wear so often.

Banned Read only
    Thanks Allie. certainly riding a few hundred miles a week helps, as does the right skirt length....

Back from night out number two. Went to Tony Roma's for a drink and a snack then met up with Missy to close the evening. It is so empowering, for some reason, to be out in public dressed and presenting as a woman. Very strange. Again, nothing but positive experiences. I'd really like to do something about my voice but even so, while likely surprising to the waiters/waitresses everyone was great.

Find a friend and go out...

Are you doing CES en femme??? That has always been a dream of mine! You rock, girl!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

Banned Read only
    Did CES in girl mode today for a short time. My feet were killing me and I was only in 2" booties.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    Did CES in girl mode today for a short time. My feet were killing me and I was only in 2" booties.
    Oh wow! You'll have to work on those calf muscles or something! I've seen women in 3-4" heels working the floor for the entire day.

We used to go and we loved it. But I never did it en femme. You just made role model status for me!

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

a girl allways likes good comments glad your haveing fun

susie

If your staying at Embassy Suites you walk by my apartment on the way. Hope you are having fun here.

Sounds like a great time Jennifer! A nice compliment thrown in makes it even better! I had a great time in girl mode there too. I can't wait to go back again.

If you are staying at Embassy Suites you walk past my apartment on the way,hope you are having an enjoyable time.

Banned Read only
    added pictures from day 2

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    I've seen women in 3-4" heels working the floor for the entire day.
    Keep an eye on women's shoes at these trade shows and you'll get a good idea of their status. A woman in heels is probably a "booth bunny." If she's wearing flats, she's in engineering or possibly lower-level management. Running shoes, she's senior management. And if she's barefoot with her business suit...she owns the company.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Looking good in everything you wear. I am jealous of your good looks. Oh, by the way, nice legs!

Jennifer..you look great! I love that pink top!

Platinum Member
    Some guys are let men...I guess I'd have noticed the smile!

Be careful with assuming that the woman in heels is a booth bunny. The marketing directors and PR agency ladies wear spikes too.

[SIZE="3"]Jennifer, you do have great looking legs.....and I love the jean skirt with that pink top!!
    [/SIZE]
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Susan V. Adams

Silver Member
    You look very nice.

Great pictures...to me, a smiling face always seem more feminine than those where there is no smile...

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    Keep an eye on women's shoes at these trade shows and you'll get a good idea of their status. A woman in heels is probably a "booth bunny." If she's wearing flats, she's in engineering or possibly lower-level management. Running shoes, she's senior management. And if she's barefoot with her business suit...she owns the company.

- Amy
    I think you are right Amy, I have seen some engineers in flats and they are easily recognizable.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Jennifer, thanks for keeping us up to date, looks like fun, it is snowing here, look nice and warm there,you most have it handle if your receiving those wonderful coments for the public, YOU GO GIRL!!!!!, can't wait to hear more about your wonderful trip, take care of you, hugs girl.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Gorgeous lady, outfit(s), smile, and shades.
    Fulfilling a Lifetime Dream of Living as a Woman in My Adult Years. Ten Years Living 24/7 as a Mature Lady

My Love of Cat's Eye Frames, Bangles, Red Lipstick, Nails, & Cheeks, Comes From My Mother - An Irish Beauty

I'm Always Rainbow Proud

you should consider coming to diva Las Vegas from April 14th through the 19th it's in Las Vegas and it's a blast.
    Hugs,
    Cami Desiree

Silver Member victoriamwilliams1's Avatar
    Now that was a strange comment but it was also nice