Thread: Funny encounter in public

Funny encounter in public

I don't know how I forgot to add this story when I posted about my Christmas shopping outing this year... I was dressed in a blouse, a black skirt, black pantyhose, and flats, but my head was male.

For my first stop on my shopping day, I went to the information center for the town I was shopping in. It was early. As I walked in, I walked past a man who was cleaning up leaves, etc. outside. He looked at me as I walked in. I forget if I said hello or not.

After ten or fifteen minutes, I finally got free from the information desk guy who was a bit too helpful. He was just trying to do a good job. He never saw my outfit until I walked away. His back was turned when I walked up. (but I am rambling...)

As I exited the building, the worker was just inside the building doing something. As I walked past him at the exit, he looked at me and then looked down and back up. He had an unusual, sort of friendly, look on his face. He said, "Are you German?" I said no. He said he thought I might be, because of the skirt. I asked, "Do you mean Scottish? They wear kilts." He said, "Yes, that's right." I responded, "No, I'm not Scottish either." I wished him a Merry Christmas and went on my way.

He was very friendly, although inaccurate.

Platinum Member
    Hmmm ...you might have really confused him if you'd had simply said, "Ja" to the first guess, and marched away.

That's one of those funny, but not at all inappropriate ones. Yesterday at the airport picking up my sister in law, I overheard a man, clearly talking about me, say "It takes balls to come here dressed like that". I just about busted a nut laughing. I think he was trying to be rude, but his mixed gender metaphor was a classic.-Celeste

How male was your head? Sideburns? Full beard? hmmmm....

"It takes balls to come here dressed like that"
    That somehow has to become a bumper sticker, or at least a signature.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

But I know a lot of those without them that dress like this.....
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    I'm sure we have some kilt wearing Germans here though right? ;-)

And for the short bare midriff over the 36DD black lace bra T-Shirt... "Yes, they're avocado sized!"

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post
    I don't know how I forgot to add this story when I posted about my Christmas shopping outing this year... I was dressed in a blouse, a black skirt, black pantyhose, and flats, but my head was male.

For my first stop on my shopping day, I went to the information center for the town I was shopping in. It was early. As I walked in, I walked past a man who was cleaning up leaves, etc. outside. He looked at me as I walked in. I forget if I said hello or not.

After ten or fifteen minutes, I finally got free from the information desk guy who was a bit too helpful. He was just trying to do a good job. He never saw my outfit until I walked away. His back was turned when I walked up. (but I am rambling...)

As I exited the building, the worker was just inside the building doing something. As I walked past him at the exit, he looked at me and then looked down and back up. He had an unusual, sort of friendly, look on his face. He said, "Are you German?" I said no. He said he thought I might be, because of the skirt. I asked, "Do you mean Scottish? They wear kilts." He said, "Yes, that's right." I responded, "No, I'm not Scottish either." I wished him a Merry Christmas and went on my way.

Awesome !!!!! Sitting here laughing so hard.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I've taken a lot of crap, heard laffs, and "OMG that's a man"! But, no one has ever thot I was Scottish or wearing a kilt!

Maybe it's time to dump the "school girl" skirts, JJJ?
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    That somehow has to become a bumper sticker, or at least a signature.
    That's great! LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Dee3 View Post
    How male was your head? Sideburns? Full beard? hmmmm....
    I had no make up. No beard. Unibrow. I am 6'2" and V-shaped. I have never wanted to be a girl, I have always wanted to wear girls' clothes. Now sometimes I do!
    Here is a blog post with a picture of me in a similar outfit (I wore a different skirt recently because the one in these pictures, um... shrunk.)

http://joeypress.wordpress.com/2012/...-crossdressed/

Your outfit looks very German to me.

- Diane

I think they just thought you looked curious
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Cute little story! Gotta give you credit for having the courage to do this. Thanks for sharing!
    Di

Great tale. I AM Scottish and I love my kilt - although it does raise a few eyebrows here.
    If you always do what you always did, you'll always get what you always got!

Hi,

Yes Cassandra

Verduchen Sie eine deutsche schottische Frau.

Or for those who dont know , a Prussian / scottish woman. & yes iv found our scottish tartan & coat of arm's, So a kilt will be in order, of our clan.

...noeleena...

I think he is the first person to initiate an actual conversation with me while I was dressed. The only other people who I can think of who ever initiated a conversation asked me if I worked in the store. I was wearing a lanyard.
    ... Now that I think of it, I think the first person to speak to me while I was dressed was a woman who said, "Was it a bet?" I smiled and said, "No." That was a long time ago, when I did not have as much nerve as I have now.

Quote Originally Posted by jjjjohanne View Post

The poor fellow was obviously confused, and was likely thinking of "lederhosen" when he made that German (or more accurately - Bavarian) connection to what you were wearing. Not particularly sexy or girly as ethnic garb goes, although the "hot pants" version can be quite fetching depending who is wearing them .

But for the sake of this discussion, it is the Greek "Evzones" who really have the "man in a dress" outfit nailed .
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 02-19-2013 at 01:27 AM.