Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A shared Closet

Banned Read only

A shared Closet

I returned from a trip last night to find that my wife had rearranged our closet. Prior, my girl things were on one rack, my guy things on another and her's on everything else. Last night I walk in and see that OUR clothes are arranged by dresses, skirts, tops, everything intermingled.

I told her that it was more likely I would borrow more of her things (those I can actually fit in to) and she said great. From her perspective, she widened her wardrobe a bit.

Its funny how such a simple change really had some impact on me. While was totally open about my crossdressing before, there was mine and hers (which I borrowed with permission whenever I wanted) but now it's "ours." I like that.

I'm very happy for you both. Living the dream!

Platinum Member
    Jennifer, that's really pretty wonderful. I wish I fit into more of my wife's things...but I'm sure she's glad that she is much too small for mine!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    Jennifer, that's really pretty wonderful. I wish I fit into more of my wife's things...but I'm sure she's glad that she is much too small for mine!
    Kim, my wife HATES that I can wear anything of hers but she does not blame me for it. I'm a 10/12 in a dress and she is an 8/10 so there is cross over. In skirts, I'm an 8 and too much cross over there. She to.d me last night she plans on working into a 6 and I can have all her stuff that fits.

Banned Read only
    I would not mind sharing my dresses with my wife. There are some styles that are similar and I know from checking her labels, we could share. My knee length dresses would be mid calf on her or several inches below the knee. When she buys a mid calf dress, it usually is floor length for her. So is the life of spouses ten inches in height apart.

Jennifer what a gem of a wife you have.
    Mine would share but we are two different shapes and styles.
    I am 12 to 14. she is 16 to 18.
    She does envy me and at the moment I have sunburn lines where my bikini straps were and she is reminding me not to go out shirtless.
    Unless I want to go "out".
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Sounds like a great set up to me. You are blessed!!

not new anymore just shy VickieBonne's Avatar
    Excellent! Love the stories like yours!!

Well it is wonderful that you have such acceptance. I would still prefer to have our clothes separated. Of course I can not fit into my wife's clothes. But we do share some things. I just got several bracelets that She has worn before me!

Edy

Some people have all the luck, an accepting wife, courage to go out alone and with others, can share clothes with the SO, and being so damned cute. Hmmmm .... back to the drawing boards. I just hope I have enough time left to get there ... wherever there is!

Congratulations to a wonderful and rare couple.

I wish I could wear some of the beautiful things I've bought my girl over the years. But, I'm 6'1" and she is 4'10". I'm a 14ish she is a P8. We do share the closet, though and our stuff is mixed together. I'm really happy for you that you are able to share like that. Enjoy.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

Sounds good. Maybe one day I will be able to enjoy the same

While the closet is OURS it's still "separate but equal" as they say. The main reason for this is that most of our clothes are different sizes and it's just more convenient than grabbing something you see and want to wear only to realize it doesn't fit....lol.
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

That's a great development Jennifer. You've really got a lot going for you.

My wife might be willing to do the same if we were anywhere near the same size. She'll jokingly refer to me as the skinny bitch so it's just easier to keep things apart for us.

-Bree

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    I returned from a trip last night to find that my wife had rearranged our closet. Prior, my girl things were on one rack, my guy things on another and her's on everything else. Last night I walk in and see that OUR clothes are arranged by dresses, skirts, tops, everything intermingled.

I told her that it was more likely I would borrow more of her things (those I can actually fit in to) and she said great. From her perspective, she widened her wardrobe a bit.

Its funny how such a simple change really had some impact on me. While was totally open about my crossdressing before, there was mine and hers (which I borrowed with permission whenever I wanted) but now it's "ours." I like that.
    The downside of having a supportive SO--her borrowing your clothes!

Gold Member
    I call it an upside. Whenever a well dressed lady wants to borrow something of mine, I consider a large compliment to my taste.

Jennifer, nothing spells acceptance better than a shared closet. A very nice welcome home.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Sue View Post
    I call it an upside. Whenever a well dressed lady wants to borrow something of mine, I consider a large compliment to my taste.

Jennifer, nothing spells acceptance better than a shared closet. A very nice welcome home.
    Im with you Sue. I love it when she can borrow my things. We cant share much but a belt goes a long ways to making something fit for her. It is a real validation and "approval" of my style.

"I returned from a trip last night to find that my wife had rearranged our closet."
    So let's see.... You had a wonderful time in Las Vegas with wonderful adventures and a great time at CONEX. Then you get home and this is the reception you find? I'm guessing you're going to have a phenomenal year!!
    Hugs - Diane

Senior Age Member sissystephanie's Avatar
    Unfortunately for both me and my late wife, we could never exchange clothes!! She was a Petite size 10 and I am a definite size 16!!
    Stephanie

Lady on the outside, but man underneath!

Jennifer, you are truly blessed. My part of my wife's closet is in the far corner, behind enough detritus that I risk bodily injury just trying to get to MY clothes.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

very cool Jennifer. My wife and I wouldnt be able to share much. I'm two sizes smaller on bottom, two sizes larger on top.........lol
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

We have our cloths in opposite sides of the closet, and I do have my own fem cloths but more then fifty percent of my fem cloths are her hand me downs that she throws out. The funny part is she sometimes wears her hand me downs and I ask her way she wears it after she threw it out. She told me she seen me wearing it and she liked how it looked on me so she wanted to wear it again.

There isn't any clothing we share..."accessories" yes,clothing is a matter of style and size! So we all have own own closets and drawers and racks and hangers...
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

That is pretty awesome. My wife and I are not even close to the same size...

That's a great story! Mimi and I can wear many of the same things and enjoy sharing. I feel better about buying things for my occasional femme excursions when I know that they will get good use by Mimi as well.
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]