Thread: My favorite movie

My favorite movie

My favorite CD movie is "Just Like a Woman", made in 1992. I don't think it's available on DVD, but it can be seen in pieces on YouTube. I highly recommend it as the most realistic and sympathetic treatment of our favorite subject that I've seen.

The film stars a little known actor named Adrian Pasdar as a London businessman named Gerald who happens to be a crossdresser. Gerald's wife discovers some of his feminine undergarments, and thinking they belong to a mistress, throws both Gerald and the clothes out of the house.

Gerald rents a flat from a landlady named Monica, played by Julie Walters, who is perfect in her role. Monica becomes suspicious of the mysterious woman who comes in and out of Gerald's flat, and when she questions him about it, he confesses that he likes to dress as a woman.

Monica's initial reaction is to laugh, thinking that the prospect of Gerald in feminine attire is hilarious. But when Gerald tells her that she is the first person he has ever confided in, she immediately regrets her behavior. As Gerald goes back to his flat to pack his things in humiliation, Monica comes up and asks if she can meet "Geraldine". Gerald reluctantly obliges, and after he is transformed, he embraces her passionately.

Although Monica is confused, she accepts his crossdressing, and they begin a relationship that evolves through many discoveries. At one point Gerald resolves to cure himself by seeking help from a hypnotist, who conditions him to be repulsed by the thought of dressing in female clothes. In a hilarious scene, Gerald asks Monica to test him by placing a pile of his favorite undergarments on the bed. She asks cautiously, "What do you want to do with them?" After a long pause he blurts out, "I want to put them on". Gleefully she replies, "Well then by all means, put them on!"

Monica becomes more and more comfortable with "Geraldine", accompanying her to crossdresser dinners, helping her shop, and telling her lady friends "how great her boyfriend looks in frocks". There is also a very erotic scene in which Geraldine and Monica dance slowly, their bodies rubbing together while clad in silky slips--it's kind of the ultimate SO-acceptance fantasy.

There is a silly subplot about Monica and Geraldine thwarting a business scam, but the heart of this movie is the story of how one understanding woman coped with her lover's strange passion. The movie concludes with screen text text saying that as many as one man in every hundred likes to wear women's clothes. It ends with the provocative statement, "He could be sitting next to you right now".

Quote Originally Posted by MysteryWoman View Post
    My favorite CD movie is "Just Like a Woman", made in 1992. I don't think it's available on DVD, but it can be seen in pieces on YouTube. I highly recommend it as the most realistic and sympathetic treatment of our favorite subject that I've seen.

The film stars a little known actor named Adrian Pasdar as a London businessman named Gerald who happens to be a crossdresser. Gerald's wife discovers some of his feminine undergarments, and thinking they belong to a mistress, throws both Gerald and the clothes out of the house.

Gerald rents a flat from a landlady named Monica, played by Julie Walters, who is perfect in her role. Monica becomes suspicious of the mysterious woman who comes in and out of Gerald's flat, and when she questions him about it, he confesses that he likes to dress as a woman.

Monica's initial reaction is to laugh, thinking that the prospect of Gerald in feminine attire is hilarious. But when Gerald tells her that she is the first person he has ever confided in, she immediately regrets her behavior. As Gerald goes back to his flat to pack his things in humiliation, Monica comes up and asks if she can meet "Geraldine". Gerald reluctantly obliges, and after he is transformed, he embraces her passionately.

Although Monica is confused, she accepts his crossdressing, and they begin a relationship that evolves through many discoveries. At one point Gerald resolves to cure himself by seeking help from a hypnotist, who conditions him to be repulsed by the thought of dressing in female clothes. In a hilarious scene, Gerald asks Monica to test him by placing a pile of his favorite undergarments on the bed. She asks cautiously, "What do you want to do with them?" After a long pause he blurts out, "I want to put them on". Gleefully she replies, "Well then by all means, put them on!"

Monica becomes more and more comfortable with "Geraldine", accompanying her to crossdresser dinners, helping her shop, and telling her lady friends "how great her boyfriend looks in frocks". There is also a very erotic scene in which Geraldine and Monica dance slowly, their bodies rubbing together while clad in silky slips--it's kind of the ultimate SO-acceptance fantasy.

There is a silly subplot about Monica and Geraldine thwarting a business scam, but the heart of this movie is the story of how one understanding woman coped with her lover's strange passion. The movie concludes with screen text text saying that as many as one man in every hundred likes to wear women's clothes. It ends with the provocative statement, "He could be sitting next to you right now".
    I saw that - it's pretty good. The part where she gets busted sure is scary.
    - Phoebe Brenne

Banned Read only
    Yes MysteryWoman, my wife and I watched that last May. We both loved it, and it really did help my wife a lot in having a more understanding about me. We watched all of the parts.The next evening, I became Tara and and we then began to move forward, the movie did help her a lot. I even posted on this move a little while back in may http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...ine&highlight=.

I wish it was available on DVD, I'd have it ordered already. As I watched it, I could feel almost every scene in the movie. There was the hell raising from a wife that found the clothes. Then later on in the boarding house, the CD comes in late at night while the land lord thought it was a late night lady coming to call. I wish they would make more movies like this today. One that is serious and not poking fun at us, but a movie close to this one, where the cd is married and has issues with a wife by way of cross dressing, and then full acceptance and understandings could come about in the end. Well, if I'm going to wish for another current movie like this one, I may as well wish I could write it too. But I agree with you, it is a very good movie. I hope every cd on here would watch it, along with their already knowing wives. I think it would help with wives having a better understanding as well as the books, like "My Husband Betty". I give 5 stars to this movie, we just need a more current movie addressing so many of these same issues in this one.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 01-12-2013 at 05:06 AM.

Crossdressing Newbie
    I want to see it now.

I hope I can find someone as accepting as Monica.

Just Like a Woman was briefly available on DVD. Amazon in the States only has a VHS version now but I found a DVD copy on eBay a year ago. If anyone wants to buy it, just PM me. I made a digital copy and don't need the disc anymore so I'll sell it cheap. If you just want to see the movie, I'd be glad to share a link with you to my own digital file. Then you can just download it directly to your computer and watch it. No charge, just sharing a movie among friends. Again, just PM me.

I've got a pretty good digital collection of transgender movies and TV episodes (Get it? "TV" episodes? Sorry. I'll see myself out.) Let me know what you want and I'll share it with you if I have it.

~Rachel

I just watched this film on YouTube after reading your thread [thank you] and it’s a lovely film. And Julie Walters was amazing as always.

I also caught this on you tube. It's about 8 parts, and it's entertaining. Yes it was a thin plot, but the message was more accepting. There aren't many films like this one and I thought it was definitely worth the time.

Hugs,

Colleen
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Feeling pretty on the inside.

My favorite movie

My favorite movie is "Somewhere In Time" staring Christopher Reeves and Jane Seymore.
    If you wake up in the morning; See a sunrise; You name is not in the obituaries (long story); You see a sunset; Then its a good day. All the rest is superfluous B.S. (Bad Science).

I have an ear you can bend and a shoulder you can cry on.

I'm working on my Ph.D. in "Alternative Wardrobe Explorations"

I am downloading it from Y tube in bits as we speak.
    Then I will watch it.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Read only
    Hi Mysterywoman. I checked Amazon and there are several copies available through their fulfillment program. It's only available in VHS format. There is one copy available that is new. The balance are gently used.

well now I want to watch this movie lol sooner or later it will surface on DVD again if it has been there once or you'll find it in the weirdest of places some day. I'll keep an eye out for it
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

It is a fun film and it's great to see a CD as the protagonist. I have the VHS version that I bought many years ago, but I don't have a VCR hooked up anymore, definitely have to add one to the video set-up so that I can watch all my old hard-to-find trans-related VHS films that were never released on DVD.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

I have just watched all 11 parts on youtube. Tick VG. I am sure I saw it many years ago.

Maria

I've seen it, and would love to see it again. I'm surprised that an American version hasn't been made. Of course, it would be altered just enough to have no resemblance of the original. The typical Hollywierd treatment.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    I just packaged all the videos as a playlist in my Cassandra YouTube Account. Enjoy!!!!

Just Like A Woman - (click here to play the entire movie)

Too bad it's a little dated. This one should be remade every 15 years or so.

I'm still a little confused as to why he was arrested? However, he did lie about his identity to an officer. It's odd because this was the 90's and after Bowie, New York Dolls and every glam band from the 80's, you'd think that the police wouldn't really care or just snicker a little or something. No need to rough her up.
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-14-2013 at 12:22 PM.

Another great transgender movie is NORMAL with Jessica Lange, it's not as good as just like a woman but worth seeing, I think it is available on Netflix.

Another good movie is TRANTASIA . Is available at amazon.com

Gotta check that one out! Thanks for the tip!
    Everyone should feel overwhelmingly sexy now-and-then.

One of my favorite TG movies comes from England. Its called 'I Want What I Want', starring Anne Heywood. Its not the best acted movie but it has its points. About twenty five years ago I had Blockbuster order it for me. Cost me about $35. Its about a young man (Roy) that also happens to be a TS. Hes got got a very macho father and when his father catches him all dressed up they had a fight and Roy left to become 'Wendy'. Wendy had money from a trust fund her deceased mother willed to her. She found an apartment to live in while she lived her life as a woman. There was the usual drama and eventually Wendy fell in love. After a while Wendy began running out of money and she couldn't obtain the proper documentation she needed to obtain employment. Her boyfriend also discovered the fact that Wendy wasn't really female. Wendy castrated herself and eventually found the means to have SRS.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post

I'm still a little confused as to why he was arrested? However, he did lie about his identity to an officer.
    When he gave his name as Geraldine and the policeman in the police car did a vehicle check and these did not match the car could have been stolen. I have asked myself what I would do in that situation, male or female persona. I would probably go male. In UK you do not have to carry driving licence and insurance certificate with you. You are just asked to present them at a police station within 5 days. Imagine if I am stopped give my name as Maria S....... and then take my licence and insurance in with my male name on it. Talk about making life un-neccessarily complicated just for the sake of maintaining your female persona to the full.

Maria