Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I have a little problem.

I have a little problem.

I was hoping I could get some advice on a situation that's developed in my life.

I will begin by saying that my SO is supportive, to the extent that she accepts and encourages me to be who I am. Now the other day she came to me with a problem. To cut a long story short she told me she is more attracted to Kim than the male me. I just don't know what to do. I don't even know how to talk about it. It's just sitting there on my mind and I have no idea what to do with it. It's possible it could lead to a future transition. But if it did, it's a one way street. If she wanted the male back it couldn't happen. That worries me. But she prefers me as Kim. Is it possible she is falling for my femme side?
    Have any of you been through this? A female friend suggested I ask here what some of you might think of it. Maybe it would help.

Hopefully I can get some clarity.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

There's a good chance that she's having a little infatuation with Kim. If so, she should be over it soon. However, if it goes deeper than that, a good long talk about what she expects would be in order.

Gold Member
    How is this a problem? So she likes your femme side. Assuming this is a legit thread and not one of those "that summer at my aunt's house" threads, you are pretty much living the dream of most CDs
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    Not sure how to ask this delicately, so here goes; define "attracted" - do you mean physically, sexually, relationally?

Does she like you because you seem to be a different person when dressed? Are you nicer, more patient and gentle? We need more info, Kimberly.

Another question, you seemed to imply that if she wanted, you would transition. I have to say that for something as major as that, the motivation should come from the inside, and not someone else. As you said, it is a one-way street. Being on that street because of the 'directions' of another isn't exactly the best way to get anywhere.

Kathi
    Last edited by Kathi Lake; 01-12-2013 at 11:39 PM.

The only time my wife seems to like my male side is in bed ! I know she enjoys my being her housemaid and dooing all the cooking etc. She says I am a great cook !
    Last edited by Tamara Croft; 01-14-2013 at 10:19 AM. Reason: removed reference to wife, it's not our business nor joe public either to know!

Sounds like a great reason for a counselor right away. And if needed demand "as Kim" not your male self. My guess is that you just did not see this coming in to the relationship. If this story is true then the relationship will never go very far without some kind of help. She has a great deal of emotional baggage to deal with that will consistently get in the way of a quality, balanced relationship. Being a great cook is hardly the basis of a balanced relationship. Your dressing as Kim is only a way for her to avoid dealing with those issues.

My guess is we all know about avoidance and denial of certain emotions to some extent.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I think that's normal actually. I once had a girlfriend in college that became extremely aroused when looking at the woman on woman action on the naughty movies. There was a statistic that even pointed out that a small percentage females (I think it was 30% but I forget) fantasize about it while about 10% or so of those women actually act upon them.

I believe your girl has the cake and wants to eat it too; which isn't so bad I believe.

Whether or not this is something bigger... who knows unless you're truly worried about it and wish to seek more professional help.

In my opinion, and I'm only saying this tongue in cheek - this may be the price you pay for looking too good as your femme self... you've actually attracted your own gf!

Hi Kimberly,

It's a difficult one, but as others have said here, any future transition should only happen because you feel that it's the right thing for you, and only you. If you ended up going down that 'one way street' and regretted it, you'd quite quickly start to resent your SO.

I would certainly give this a good deal of time; the upside for you here is that you get to spend a lot of time as Kim with her whilst you both figure out your feelings. It might be a year down the line she realises that she wants a future with a husband and children, or she might feel even more strongly that she wants a girlfriend. Keep the communication going and talk about it as much as possible.

Rachel X
    Pursue happiness, with diligence

My blog: A Circular Square

Is she saying that because she sees a warmer, more compasionate, understanding, patient, person when you are en femme? It may simply be she finds you moe pleasant when en femme. Now if you are talking sexually, well that could be construed as a bonus.Best to simply ask her more about her feelings.

Hi,

This encouragment to be who you are.... well who are you then. & do you really know, a remark of tranistion or could lead to .

brings the ? to mind is you really dont know wether your male or wonting to live as a woman. or is this a game on for a while then what. for me there seems to be a few details missing & would this relastionship last . a real relastionship is based on trust . time you both work through this miner hickup & be really up front with what you both need

& how you really need to spend your lives together & how, as male & female giveing each other the love companingship you both need in being to gether or maybe in another way, that may not be male & female,

This is... not... something to be taken lightly, is this about Kim or who you really are as a person. being Kim may be nice liveing as a woman is far different than you may think. or even know,

its back to the drawing board sit down & talk this through.

...noeleena...

I'm going to mostly echo what the others have said here and mention that you should only transition if you feel that's who you truly are, not because your girlfriend might prefer it. And that goes for how much time you spend as Kim too, be Kim when you feel like it and don't when you don't. Tbh if I was in your situation I wouldn't find it a problem lol, I think most of us on here would prefer our SO's to like us more when we're en femme
    Bi-Gendered, Goth/Metal Fan, Atheist, Artist and British

Try being Kim a little more often, without saying anything.
    Do not bring up the subject of transitioning or being more feminine than what she desires at the moment.
    Regulate your dressing to please her and it will all appear natural.
    I for instance can now go outside or home and drive tho the shopping centre without a comment being passed.
    I make no comment like "Do you mind ?" or anything like that.
    Just do it naturally.
    If she starts to get cld feet again you can easily back off to suit the mood.
    Do not push the boundaries, one day she may like you to have real boobs, then do something about it.
    In the meantime there is a lot of living to do and you have been given an opportunity to express yourself.
    As Ru Paul would say, "Don't fluff it up"
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    I was hoping I could get some advice on a situation that's developed in my life.

I will begin by saying that my SO is supportive, to the extent that she accepts and encourages me to be who I am.
    A female friend suggested I ask here what some of you might think of it. Maybe it would help.

Hopefully I can get some clarity.
    Have we got answers! Always! It is your female personna that your wife is RIGHT NOW enjoying,like others have said.Perhaps it is quite a contrast to your boy self...Put on your big girl panties and enjoy it for as long as it lasts.Serious changes have no genuine foundation to support it. Stick with looking and being thoughtful and nice to her as she is wonderful to be that happy with you!
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Well that's not so bad.There are time's when my wife and I are talking and she tells me to get dressed, when I ask her what she's talking about I am the same person. She say's when I am dressed I am a hole different person, easier to talk to and much more calm and happier. I guess she enjoys the best of both worlds.

I think the relevant question to ask is if she likes Kim's penis.

At this point you are lucky and probable the envy of many on here. The transition part is probable a fantasy in your head. She probable just likes you dressed or did she say something about transition. That is a whole new realm to go through, Like many said transition is something you should go through for yourself and not for some one else.
    Life is too short not to be happy!

I would think in terms of taking time and explore this. No need to jump into transition yet, just ride it out and see where it takes you. Give her Kim as much as you both feel comfortable and see where it takes you. No need to hurry. Remember transition is something you do when it becomes impossible not to do so, not just because it will make someone else happy.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Perhaps your SO is exhibiting signs of having a lesbian tendency and thus is discovering a side of her which prefers females. This is reasonable, in that you have demonstrated to her that you have a femme side. Talk with one another and if necessary seek counseling, is what I'd suggest. I wish you both good luck with this. It may all be for the better for you both.
    Di

Platinum Member
    I don't see a problem here. Kim is you, just as much or more than your male aspects. The fact that she's attracted to you as a woman is a positive in that you can fulfill her emotional and physical needs either way. It doesn't mean that you have to transition, but it does meant that if you choose to go that direction you're likely to have a supportive partner.

First off, my wife likes me much more as a woman. She's was behind me going full time all the way. We just get along better.
    Much more to the point, it's totally moot to say 'someone else may want me to transition. This is NOT something you can just do. In your first therapy session your shrink will see right thru' it, and that's just the first of a hundred hoops you have to jump thru'. Those who want to transition have known it all their lives, struggled with it, a usually been miserable about it.
    I very much doubt any of the threads that start 'I just bought a pair of panties and think maybe I should transition', are real, or ever progress beyond that point.
    If you, yourself, absolutely know, without a smidgeon of doubt, that you are 100% transgender, you may start a lifetime journey to transition. Your wife may love the woman you become in about ten years, if all goes according to plan. Just the way I see it-Celeste

I agree with most of what everyone else has stated. Transitioning is a huge step and should be only looked at if YOU have always felt you were born into the wrong body, not based upon anyone elses opinions, even your wifes. To please your wife, you may want to dress more often, maybe full time at home and see what she thinks about it in a weeks to a months time. She may do a 180 on it.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

It is an interesting situation.

Fortunately its not something you have to decide immediately nor to you have to set upon an irrevocable path. First give both of you some time to think and talk this through. Then you must decide what is right for you. Don't do anything just for your SO. Its your life and you need to be comfortable in it. Now it may turn out that her desires and yours are perfectly in sync. If so, then go for it.

Keep in mind that the path to transitioning is a long one with many steps, and check points, along the way.
    Jenn A --- nothing fancy, just me.

Wow I didn't expect this many responses. Thanks for all of them.
    I've had a little time to think now.

Di, you have hit the spot. She does have lesbian tendancies. She is quite curious. Now as for myself I would not transition just for her. But it is something I would possibly do. I know how I feel about it, I just want to make sure she knows what it means. I don't want her to get a few years down the line and realise she misses the male. I know, a transition would be a long way off though. I'm not that different as Kim. She loves me the way I am but I think she is just having a curious moment. Not knowing where your life is leading or where you stand in the world isn't nice. I think that's what is going on. Maybe her curiosity at this point in time isn't helping.

I would agree a talk is needed. I'm going to sit down with her next time I can and talk.

Thank you again for all these replies. It means alot knowing I can get advice from all of you.
    I've always been the kind of girl that hid my face, so afraid to tell the world, what I've got to say. But I have this dream bright inside of me. No more hiding who I wanna be. This is me.

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    There really is not a rush to judgement here. Ok, so she enjoys Kim, and that's great. You enjoy Kim too, else you wouldn't be where you are. There are many levels of "transition" and it would certainly be fun to begin the trial-and-error process of letting Kim take over more and more of the time and emotional space that once belonged to your male side. I presume you still work as a male so you do have some designated male time, and that can be a buffer of sorts.

In fact, the whole nature of having a feminine self, and letting that self exist to understand her, is bound to be attractive! After all, your wife now has a spouse who is very much trying to understand everything from a woman's perspective...to walk in her shoes as the metaphore goes. And if there are some girl/girl fantasies/tendencies, look how safe you are making it for her to live these out! What's not to be attractive!

The key here is going to be honest communication, and not just from you. She will have to come to grips with her own thoughts and desires and be willing to be up front with them. If that happens, and if your love for each other is strong, you could find yourself in a nervana few on this forum could imagine!

Quote Originally Posted by Kimberlyfaye View Post
    Wow I didn't expect this many responses. Thanks for all of them.
    I've had a little time to think now.

Di, you have hit the spot. She does have lesbian tendancies. She is quite curious. Now as for myself I would not transition just for her. But it is something I would possibly do. I know how I feel about it, I just want to make sure she knows what it means. I don't want her to get a few years down the line and realise she misses the male. I know, a transition would be a long way off though. I'm not that different as Kim. She loves me the way I am but I think she is just having a curious moment. Not knowing where your life is leading or where you stand in the world isn't nice. I think that's what is going on. Maybe her curiosity at this point in time isn't helping.

I would agree a talk is needed. I'm going to sit down with her next time I can and talk.

Thank you again for all these replies. It means alot knowing I can get advice from all of you.
    You say she does have lesbian tendancies so explore those to see how strong they really are and if there real and not just curiosity, have her bring in another female in to the relationship and see if her tendancies are long term or not. Make sure there real before you transition for both your sakes. Do you have a desire to trans