Thread: Well, the old odometer just turned over - my 2000th post now...

Well, the old odometer just turned over - my 2000th post now...

...and clearly, I have way too much time on my hands .

But something keeps drawing me here like a moth to a flame...wait...I know...it's all you fabulous "gals", as well as those great supportive GG's who also frequently contribute here and often provide a much-needed reality check when we start to lose ourselves too much in the pink fog .

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats, Leslie! I just passed 2K as well. This is a great place, isn't it?

What is normal anyway? Rianna Humble's Avatar
    Well done to both of you.

Apart from the thanks you have already expressed, I am also grateful to the mods & admins for keeping this such a safe place
    Check out this link if you are wondering about joining Safe Haven.

This above all: To thine own self be true, And it must follow, as the night the day, Thou canst not then be false to any

Galileo said "You cannot teach a man anything" and they accuse ME of being sexist

Never ascribe to malice that which can be easily explained by sheer stupidity

Congratulations, Leslie & Julie ... (and Rianna too).
    Reine

not quite silver yet Emma Leigh's Avatar
    Congratulations on your milestone Leslie.....we have had our differences in the past but water under the bridge..well done

Platinum Member
    Mmmmm, check out my odometer. I'm afraid I have had way too much to say!

Gold Member
    Leslie, you are always one of the ones that I enjoy reading here. And I am glad you didn't wait until #2000 to post the current avatar as you sure don't need to hide your great looks.

Careful, Leslie. I made such a post once, and it got moved to CD.com Siberia, the "Milestones" section.

I'm glad you're still around.

Any money found in the laundry is MINE!

"This is no social crisis....this is me having fun!"

www.flickr.com/photos/tgmarla/

Thank you for the kind words and well wishes, ladies. You're all a great bunch, and I really enjoy interacting with you.

I've grown more in terms of self-acceptance of my transgenderism in the last 5 years here than at any previous time in my life, and your stories, shared life experiences, and valuable insights into our shared condition have encouraged me to do things as "Leslie" that I never thought possible, including going out en femme on a regular basis now.

Wasn't it physicist and mathematical genius Sir Isaac Newton who once said something along the lines of ""If I have seen further, it is by standing on the shoulders of giants"? This observation certainly applies to the type of support available on this forum as well.

Nice milestone Leslie and I trust all that have posted before me will be around next year as well.
    I don't often have much to say but I seem long winded about it.

I did forget Rianna and Julie, many a time I have read thought provoking replies from you as well.
    Kim, you are a great leveller in some of the posts I have read.
    Last edited by Beverley Sims; 01-13-2013 at 10:55 AM.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.