Thread: Bit my tongue

Bit my tongue

Tonight, my family gathered for a late Christmas party and my cousin and his fiance were talking about their upcoming wedding. She was showing pics of all the dresses she was considering and I would sneak a peak without looking to interested. She and my sister were discussing the proper fit and breast forms were mentioned. She said she wore some back in prom but they were just inserts and she didn't like them. She preferred something that would stay in place. My sister told her to check out VS. Of course I had a suggestion. I have used forms bought at Target that have an adhesive on them and a clasp to pull in the Cleavage. I love them and they aren't to expensive. However, I couldn't blurt this info out considering family was around and know one knows about my dressing. So she got bad advice from my sister and I couldn't do anything about it. Curse this knowledge that I am burdened with.

Silver Member
    Yes, sometimes it is hard not to say too much. I know more about bras than most bra fitters. It is hard sometimes not to answer a woman standing next to me when she askes a SA a question. I've been surprised how many women say their husband wouldn't be caught in the lingerie department. I tell them to tell him they wont bite him, or didn't he try to get into yours when you were dating?

Quote Originally Posted by Shelby View Post
    I have used forms bought at Target that have an adhesive on them and a clasp to pull in the Cleavage. I love them and they aren't to expensive.
    Where can I look into buying a set of those, Shelby? Thanks!

Deedee
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Deedee Skyblue View Post
    Where can I look into buying a set of those, Shelby? Thanks!

Deedee
    I've seen similar ones at Walmart for about $15. Do a search on Nubra. They make several types too, so look around. I have some of the silicone ones; which seem to work fine.
    Dana Ryan

I don't know that it's a question that's much discussed on this forum, but the cispeople in our lives do sometimes pay a price for our not being out to them.

E.g., my brother and sister and I have all agreed that it wouldn't be good for my dad to know about me. He's very old and in fragile health. We know he'd react pretty strongly if he knew about me, and we fear it could have serious consequences for his health.

The result is that there are certain things going on in my life now that he won't know about. Ordinarily I'd have told him. But I can't now because I'm doing these things in the name of "Annabelle". So he misses out on some stuff. A pity--but it's not my fault if he's never been the open-minded sort.

Being trans can cut you off from people, but it can also cut them off from you.

Best wishes, Annabelle

I think it would have affected me a little differently. I would have just smiled to myself and felt a little thrill at knowing something that they did not. And then thinking, ‘if only you new’.

So,go buy your cousin the forms as they are cheap enough,and stick em in the mail to her with no clue as to where they came from! Bet you would love to,wouldn't you?
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Shelby,
    Doesn't it frustrate you, knowing and hearing incorrect advice being given.
    But men do not know about these most intimate of things do they.????
    I have bought some of those thin adhesive ones and used them with great success as well.
    You wouldn't know about that being in drab..... I would bite my tongue too.
    Maybe if someone breaks a leg, could you fit into a bridesmaids dress?
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    For the life of me I couldn't come up with an clever way to work that piece of advice into the conversation. Send her an anonymous note! At least she'll have the benefit of your advice without knowing the source

Just call her a say you remember them talking about it and you just caught a V.S. commercial that showed these inserts and thought they may what she's looking for.
    Not your fault a commercial was on the telly.