Thread: “You Don’t Have to Bribe Me”

Banned Read only

“You Don’t Have to Bribe Me”

“I’ll go out with you whenever you want.” This was my wife’s response after I asked her to go out with me in San Francisco. I had also told her we would go to see the show ‘Jersey Boys,’ hence the "bribe." My wife is great, and as some of you know, she is happy to go out with me. We just have not been able to get away together for months. The show is not until March, but anticipation is a good thing. We’ll have one girlfriend day in S.F. and one couple day. I am a lucky man. And best of all, just being able to talk to her about this is fun and cathartic.

Now I think we’ll have to go dress shopping! I have a feeling I will be overdressed but it will be great fun.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    Yes, you are lucky, and bribes never hurt anyone. Sounds like a wonderful time is in the works, and hope we get reports on both days. And of course you will be overdressed, I doubt it should be any other way when two girls are out and about in SanFran. Please give your wonderful wife a great big hug from me.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

If you go to Saks in the square you would never be overdressed.
    When there look up a rather out going gay fellow who works in the cosmetics department.
    Lovely fellow good for organizing a makeover.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Platinum Member
    What a great wife. I'm sure that you'll have a wonderful time and - I'm not sure you can overdress for live theatre.

That is fantastic news! I hope someday my wife and I can do something like that

Jennifer –
    I know from other posts of yours that you successfully maintain a very good balance in your relationship with your wife. The two of you obviously have great communication, and that, along with a wonderful spouse, has given you this great opportunity. You have amazing taste in clothes (I sense similar to your wife’s). Your presentation is quite natural and your outfits are attractive (nothing over the top). I’m sure this makes it easy for your wife to say “yes” to a girlfriend day in San Francisco. Enjoy these next couple of months anticipating and, of course, your time together when you’re away.
    Wendy

"A glass of wine anytime" rachaelsloane's Avatar
    Hi Jen,
    Looking forward to your SF trip and meeting your wife when we go out.
    Have fun shopping or wait until you get to SF and shop here.
    Rach

If you keep posting about all of the wonderful things you and your wife do, some people might get jealous (grin).
    Hugs, Carole

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by carhill2mn View Post
    If you keep posting about all of the wonderful things you and your wife do, some people might get jealous (grin).
    I assure you, Carole, it's because of sheer joy, not to show off. I know I am one lucky guy.

If you go to Saks in the square you would never be overdressed.
    ...or have too much money with you.

Take a run through Saks and then walk across the street to Macy's where you'll find everything you ever wanted at a price that might be affordable. Remember, Nordies is a very short walk down to Market and they are located in one of the BEST shopping malls anywhere. (And the guys in the cosmetics department are just as gay as they are in Saks, just not as snobby!)

Miki, a San Francisco native and proud of it!!

Yes, Jennifer, you are lucky. By the time my wife and I worked up to going out, her health began failing. We made it to a couple girls' nights by going to dinner and a movie. I had hoped we could go to the theater for plays, but never made it. Enjoy these outings and always let her know how much you love her. You can never say it enough.

Leah

Well I was having a good day until I read your post. Just kidding hope you have lots of fun and laughs.

No, no, NO!!

It's not a bribe, it's a "Thank You!"
    "Normal is what you get when you average out the weirdness that everybody has." Quote from my SO

Normal is a setting on a washing machine, or another word for average.

The fact that I wear a skirt as a male should not be taken as a comment on what you do, or do not wear, or how you wear it.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    Take a run through Saks and then walk across the street to Macy's where you'll find everything you ever wanted at a price that might be affordable. Remember, Nordies is a very short walk down to Market and they are located in one of the BEST shopping malls anywhere. (And the guys in the cosmetics department are just as gay as they are in Saks, just not as snobby!)

Miki, a San Francisco native and proud of it!!
    Miki I agree with the cost, you can buy a pair of $5 headphones for your I Pod covered in sparkly glass for $125 at Saks.
    My interaction with some of the staff was good and we had a wonderful chat, similar to my gay man.
    I said to him you are not Gay are you, and his reply was in an environment like this with all the sad faces here we have to have a little gaiety.
    I chatted for about another 20 mins after that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.