Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: She does Pass

Banned Read only

She does Pass

I remember a thread about 2 months ago, where the discussion was about passing. I feel in my opinion that this girl would pass hands down every time anywhere. I have looked at many of her images and videos a few months ago and have just revisited several of her youtube vids. She was disqualified from Rupauls drag race season #4.
    The link below shows just one of her videos. If you have the time, check out the rest of her videos. If she isn't passing, well, I just don't know what is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWeBYd7rkQ

The best of both worlds Kathi Lake's Avatar
    Right there. To your left. No, your LEFT! Yes, that's it. Hi.
    She definitely passes as a drag queen.

Kathi

This is like comparing apples to oranges.

Willam is a well-known female impersonator/drag queen who has begun to take hormones. He is also in a gay relationship with a male partner. No doubt, a full MTF transition is only a matter of time for him. In other words, not exactly your garden-variety crossdresser...

I love drag queens and I love RuPaul's drag race.

Willam is one of my favorites but that is a drag queen video no doubt about it. A Kai Kai is sex between two drag queens. I don't know anything about Willam other than what I saw on Drag Race and if she does plan to transition then I wish her the best but that video isn't very convincing.

At any rate, I'm a fan of hers no matter how she identifies or presents. I think she's hilarious and totally hot. (for the record I don't find DQ's sexually exciting in the least bit, I'd rather be with a woman and I think we all know how I feel about that) ;-)
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

I don't feel as if I am imitating or copying the behavior of anyone, any more than one girl is imitating or copying the behavior of another girl when both are wearing skirts at the same time. From the universe of clothes available to me I choose to wear some items of women's clothes - not to imitate a woman, but because I enjoy wearing these things. I choose to act a certain way, not to copy someone but to express myself. So, no, I don't think that all those who CD are female impersonators.

Deedee :contemplating:
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:09 PM. Reason: removed reference and quote to deleted post
    It's not wrong... but it is forbidden!

I watched the video.....no she does not pass...not even a little bit.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Silver Member
    I saw a drag queen video in your link not a passable TG. Do you have a video of william dressed in average GG clothes and makeup? I agree that some metabolic changes are afoot with apparent breast growth. Many members here seem to pass better to me than what I just saw! I once read that the motivation of some to do drag is actual out of a dislike for women so they overdue it and make it a satire! I have a real interest in seeing myself in drag makeup but nothing beyond curiousity.

Funny story, when I decided I wanted to try "drag" and before I found this site, I spent all day walking around the Castro looking for a "drag queen shop". I eventually walked into this one little clothing shop (I think it's called Latour for Men and Men now) and straight up asked the guy behind the counter where the drag queens shopped. He said he didn't know, but he's surprised there's no real place for that kind of thing. I said I was thinking about doing it and he said "why would you want to do that?" That ended my day but since then I have a much better feel for the city and a much better sense of drag queen culture. It happens when you think you're a gay dude.

Drag Queens do not have to be passable to be successful, in fact passability was never really part of the effort. It was only recently (post RuPaul) that the girls began to prize being "fishy" above a lot of other things that used to be DQ staples like Comedy and Lip Synching.

Cross dressing is way different since they are predominately straight or at least tend to eschew the gay community. A straight DQ is very rare indeed. Every Drag Queen I have ever met is very very gay, and fabulous. ;-)
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:04 PM. Reason: removed references to deleted post
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Platinum Member
    Obviously, its a drag queen video. The ladies are pretty hot - in an over the top, drag queen style, but passing isn't the word I'd use. I don't think either is aiming for that in the video, and perhaps not in real life for that matter.

Banned Read only
    Very Drag Queenish to me. In fact, any woman wearing that much facial makeup would look odd anywhere other than some dance club in a major city. It's that look that makes him "unpassable". I am sure he could tone it down and likely not get a second,look but Drag Queens don't "tone down" they are over the top on purpose. In fact, they are not trying to pass as anything other than a drag queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathi Lake View Post
    She definitely passes as a drag queen.
    Kathi
    I totally agree with you Kathi.
    If I saw her in the street Drag Queen.
    Nothing wrong with that.
    I did mime on stage and looked like a GG.
    The drag queen look won the night.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    Yeah, she could totally pass! At nite in a room with no lites on. As long as she stayed silent!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    To me, that's not passing exactly as passing for me isn't about attractting attention. I do like the whole glam thing though; however, the I'm lazy and the work involved is probably too much for me... and I'm a little too along in years to make that scene too.

I think of Mellissa's (Badtranny) avatar as a passing look. She just has a natural athletic appearance somewhat of a tomboy but totally feminine. A couple others here are very very passable too in that you'd have to take a second look to really realize their birth gender.

Cassy
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-15-2013 at 01:26 PM.

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    If she isn't passing, well, I just don't know what is.
    You're kidding, Right?

I used too work in Washington DC, very close to Dupont Circle. At lunch we frequently ate in restaurants along side drag queens/trannys/crossdressers. There was one fellow I worked with who was openly gay. He used to criticize the "girls" we saw. I remember him saying "why would you want to do that" and snerl up his nose as if it was reallt gross to him. As I wanted to not come out to my coworkers, I just kept quite, but really I wanted to go over and talk to the "girls".
    Stephanie

I also think it's a Drag Queen look vs. passing as a woman. If you think of the elaborate stage makeup as a female mask, anyone wearing it would give female cues, but she still has that little something about her features that says Drag Queen to me, as opposed to a Vegas show girl who wears similar makeup. I don't know what it is ... the angularity of some of her features maybe. Or, maybe I see a guy underneath because I've seen pictures of him without the makeup.

She's very good though. I enjoy her videos.
    Reine

I first saw Willam in the transploitation film Ticked Off Trannies With Knives. It's the absolute worst movie ever made. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm probably the only one here that would rather be a drag queen than a woman. In fact, I know women that would rather be drag queens. I guess you can be a straight DQ in theory, but it's just not the same. My next life, I'm coming back gay.

She looks great! But too Drag for me. Definitely would not pass, unless at a club. If she walked into Target... Tagged.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    I have always thought of drag queens as being a caricature of a woman. As if you took all the parts you noticed be it hair, makeup or mannerisms and just exaggerated all of these. The title was maybe a bit misleading though because this site is always talking about "passing" as if it is the holy grail. Passing seems to be just blending in, not good not bad. This definitely was not that.

That being said I did enjoy the video.

love

Cat

Great Video

Great Video thank you for sharing. If only I was that thin.

Still a no for me, especially when you see her naked torso. Way too much makeup and hair, although she is very pretty.
    Reine

Silver Member
    ahh you are confusing looking hot and sexy with passing--seeing the photos, she is really attractive but you can see she is not a GG---stands out way too much. That said, there is nothing wrong with looking like a hot and sexy drag queen, or cross dresser, or TG or even a GG
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]