Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: She does Pass

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    I first saw Willam in the transploitation film Ticked Off Trannies With Knives. It's the absolute worst movie ever made. I couldn't stop laughing. I'm probably the only one here that would rather be a drag queen than a woman. In fact, I know women that would rather be drag queens. I guess you can be a straight DQ in theory, but it's just not the same. My next life, I'm coming back gay.
    no you aren't the only one here who would rather be a DQ than a GG--I feel the same way
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

... I still like to look attractive, although maybe not so hot and sexy at my age (in my 50s lol). But, there's a difference between how we look when we look our best, and how William Belli looks. Don't forget that you're also looking at stage makeup seen on a youtube video or a picture, which is two-dimentional. If she was standing in front of you made up like that, you likely would not think that she passed either.

Just before my SO started to go out in the mainstream, she went to the Be All conference in Chicago. She got a makeover & professional photo shoot there that really, and I mean REALLY transformed her looks. My SO is attractive, but in those pictures she looked downright delectable! Not a wrinkle, not a hair out of place, perfect, professional makeup. Her eyes were bigger, her lips were fuller, her cheekbones were well defined, her skin was perfect, the hair was "big", etc. I asked her if she would like to have the skills to look like that all the time and she said h*ll no. She said it was fun to have the experience, but there was no way she could ever go out in the mainstream looking like that and be taken seriously. No one can with stage makeup and big wigs.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:13 PM. Reason: removed references to deleted post and quote
    Reine

The videos are a bit opulent but if you have the chance look for her in a bit part in a movie called Barry Munday. Now THAT is passing and it's actually a cute little movie. I would agree Ticked-Off Trannies with Knives was a pretty bad try at a Quentin Tarantino style movie.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Its probably the objective to look hot and sexy but doesn't always turn out that way. I remember after one particularly unsuccessful session I ended up looking like my one aunt, not the look i was going for.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:14 PM. Reason: removed quote to deleted post

Silver Member
    absolutely I want to look hot and sexy---but when I go for that look, I know that I'm likely to attract attention and when I attract attention, I and the vast majority of CDs, are less likely to pass then when we put on our mom jeans, flats, and plain jane tops to hang around the mall. I guess I would rather be thought of as a hot and sexy cross dresser then a plain and drab GG
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:15 PM.
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

There are a gazillion CD's who would give a teste to look like her but most of the active CD girls are really shooting for something different. Why? I can't say that I know. I'm on record as not understanding why straight guys cross-dress but I can say for sure that drag queens cross dress for different reasons than most all of the members that have ever posted here. They don't do it to pass or blend. They don't do it for fetish reasons. They don't do it because it turns them on. They do it because they have a decidedly feminine aspect of their personality that they enjoy exploiting for the sake of performance. There are always exceptions but the average DQ does not sit around the house in drag and they certainly aren't in the closet about who they are.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:15 PM. Reason: removed reference to deleted post
    Quote Originally Posted by STACY B
    At least there is social acceptance in being a drunk in our world. Hell I was good at it too.
    Melissa Hobbes
    www.badtranny.com

Drag queen, passing, passing, drag queen, bla bla bla…………..

All I know is, I wished I could look like that Tara. Then even I would go out dressed!!!!!!!

[And anyone that says she “doesn’t remotely pass as a woman” should get a new prescription for their glasses]
    Last edited by suzy1; 01-16-2013 at 01:40 PM.

Tara, look, I know way too much about everything with us, and even with them. DQs, in their performances, are quite traditional, going for a very much "over the top" look which is done in a really specific way (seriously plastered on makeup, WHITE eyeshadow for no apparent reason, hair and dresses like they were a 60s showgirl, giant fake eyelashes, etc). Clearly she toned it down a bit, but she still did what was expected of her.

No women wear makeup and dress like this. In fact, if women get too close, they're sometimes even called a "hot tranny mess" as it's clear they took it too far that way. You can wear a lot of makeup, but it's really an art when it comes to that level. It's not just a gigantic amount with big hair and big makeup. It's subtle, sexy, flirty, classy, and more things, all in one.

Now, I don't know what you're looking for in this. I'd say that pretty much 100% of girls who truly 'pass', no matter how hard they've worked their bodies at the gym, have been on HRT for a while, possibly with some FFS, depending on genes and their age. A number of DQs these days actually are TG women who use it as a way to make a steady living and have had breast implants, HRT, etc. And, some even grow out of it, like Carmen Carrera, who has now pretty much transitioned. That might be confusing you a bit.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post

All I know is, I wished I could look like that Tara. Then even I would go out dressed!!!!!!!

[And anyone that says she “doesn’t remotely pass as a woman” should get a new prescription for their glasses]
    I concur.

BTW, I don't have any problem with drag queens either. In fact, I'd love it if they were in the store because then, no one would even notice me in a dress then.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    This Will is a very passable look and would probably be more convincing with a different style of makeup.

This discussion has brought to mind the question I've always had. Are cross-dressers and transgendered just able to spot other cross-dressers and transgendered better than the non-CDers/TG?

Last week I was flipping through channels and came across a reality show the "Stars" were in a DRAG themed restaurant and one of the guys, who looked like he knew his way around a real woman was honestly amazed and shocked that every member of the wait staff was in fact a man in drag. These drag queens fell far short of William's caliber. I was confused how someone could be so confused but seen this happen before. Do cross-dressers by the fact of being cross-dressers have a better eye for spotting other cross-dressers? Do cross-dressers who feel they don't pass actually passing much better in the general public than they think? This may be the source of the disagreement as to whether William is passing or not. Just a thought.

Folks, people responding to a thread are not bound by a requirement to answer only the specific question asked. If they wish to discuss the question, explore other ramifications, etc. that is part of the function of a forum.

Let's not take offense at things simply because there is disagreement.
    Last edited by Lorileah; 03-03-2013 at 02:18 PM. Reason: deleted referece to deleted post
    Eryn
    "These girls have the most beautiful dresses. And so do I! How about that!" [Kaylee, in Firefly] [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    "What do you care what other people think?" [Arlene Feynman, to her husband Richard]
    "She's taller than all the women in my family, combined!" [Howard, in The Big Bang Theory]
    "Tall, tall girl. The woman could hunt geese with a rake!" [Mary Cooper, in The Big Bang Theory]

Silver Member
    As a drag queen the video was OK. As for passing as a woman? I don't think he would. Maybe other videos would show him more fem. He has a lot of male features. I've seen CDers with much finer features that do pass.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    This is so beautifully stated, Janessa! But, it may have slipped by those involved in the discussion because they may not be CD's that care to look, "hot and sexy". So, it went rite over their heads. I happen to be one that does! Altho Sherry can pass in some of my pics, I have zero chance of passing in person.

So, I have 2 LOUSY options when I go out. Dress as a blending granny, (which I hate), or go out as Sherry and scare the crap out of everyone! Not what I'm about either.

If I could go out and look as fem as Eryn does, I would go out a lot more. But, that's not an option for me. And, may not be for Willam either.

Quote Originally Posted by MsJanessa View Post
    absolutely I want to look hot and sexy---but when I go for that look, I know that I'm likely to attract attention and when I attract attention, I and the vast majority of CDs, are less likely to pass then when we put on our mom jeans, flats, and plain jane tops to hang around the mall. I guess I would rather be thought of as a hot and sexy cross dresser then a plain and drab GG
    Let me explain this in a way everyone can understand: We have mirrors!

RE:"I'm on record as not understanding why straight guys cross-dress.": MANY on here have proclaimed they do not understand it themselves."
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by Tara D. Rose View Post
    If she isn't passing, well, I just don't know what is. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfWeBYd7rkQ
    Tara, I agree with the crowd that Williams's stage presentation is too extreme to pass, but I think you have a point underlying your statement that is valid. If William chose to, he could make some adjustments and pass with kind of a Madeline Khan/Bernadette Peters look.

Fun vid. Thanks for posting it.
    Last edited by Kelly Smith; 03-03-2013 at 09:33 AM.

William does not pass..
    not even close...not even trying to pass....

Looks sexy and great..and its easy to see she looks more female than most drag queens...

tara, you can't convince people that they should like the same music as you, you can just play it, enjoy it, and let them decide what they think...same thing here...

Aspiring Member
    here we go with that "passing "word again.

The word itself holds many different definitions for many people. The idea of it is based on your personal perspective of femininity. For most here it is this holy grail of a perfect representation of femininity. Voice, body language, body type, facial features, (ect, you all get the point.)

To me the whole idea of it is ludicrous...and not what passing is about to me. My idea of passing is being comfortable enough with yourself that you dont give a damn about being the perfect storm of femininity. Its about being yourself and having the self confidence to rock whatever look you want, where ever you want.

I think Willam passes well. Her confidence is great, her style is awesome, and she has a bright enough personality to pull of Sexy and Provocative.

This holy grail of passing is a fools notion to me. No matter how far we transition our lives as TG people we will always be Trans*........

Stop chasing what doesnt exist,
    -Donni-

Maybe people are confusing being attractive with "passing"?

William Belli has an attractive face, no matter how he presents. Cheekbones are cheekbones. Look at him in guy mode - he's gorgeous!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...0,214,314_.jpg

His eyes are beautifully shaped, he's got gorgeous cheek definition and jaw line, his lips are sexy. In short, he is appealing to women! So it stands to reason that if you put makeup and a wig on a man who has excellent facial proportions and features and who is handsome, he will look equally attractive in female mode.

Is this "passing", or is it just having an attractive and sexy face?
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    ... So it stands to reason that if you put makeup and a wig on a man who has excellent facial proportions and features and who is handsome, he will look equally attractive in female mode....
    THIS is exactly what my wife says.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    THIS is exactly what my wife says.
    Maybe some men (or at least younger men) train themselves to not notice or be able to see attractiveness in another man's face. I know that when I ask one of my sons what a guy looks like, he'll quickly say, "How should I know?" lol.
    Reine

Aspiring Member
    I would be more inclined to say that people hold too much stock in how others perceive them as a binary creature.

Willam is handsome as a guy and pretty when in drag. He passes because it is his aim to be a Drag Queen. Being good looking helps, but it would be less believable if he did not have confidence to rock who he is.

Passing is about being confident in expressing who you are. It is not about falling into a stereotypical societal view of what women are perceived as.

Our boards general consensus of what passing is defined as, is just based on a "Finishing School for girls" type of context. Proper, Pinkies extended, and Ladylike.

<blech>

If thats "passing" you can have it, ill just stick to being myself and being confident. It seems like the whole idea of passing is just another way to reaffirm feelings of "not fitting in". You dont have to be like everyone else to be accepted, you just need confidence in yourself.

-Donni-

PS
    no you aren't the only one here who would rather be a DQ than a GG--I feel the same way
    Me too. For some reason the notion "of trying to be who someone else perceives i should be" goes against the grain of my core being.
    Last edited by DonniDarkness; 03-03-2013 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post

William Belli has an attractive face, no matter how he presents. Cheekbones are cheekbones. Look at him in guy mode - he's gorgeous!

http://ia.media-imdb.com/images/M/MV...0,214,314_.jpg

His eyes are beautifully shaped, he's got gorgeous cheek definition and jaw line, his lips are sexy. In short, he is appealing to women! So it stands to reason that if you put makeup and a wig on a man who has excellent facial proportions and features and who is handsome, he will look equally attractive in female mode.

Is this "passing", or is it just having an attractive and sexy face?
    Well even though he doesn't go for the passing look in drag. The soft boyish facial features he has will make him look very passable to many if he decides to dress up and do a normal woman look with lighter makeup. But he still has a bit of a muscular physique.

I think Willam can be passable if she wants to, and looks passable in one of the photos you linked to, but in the video and the rest of the photos, no way, she is looking like a drag queen to me too.

Carol
    My name is Carol.

Gold Member
    Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post

I agree with Suzy here. While I wasn't too impressed with the video, her photo shoots look fantastic. I don't think she looks overly made up, and she has a wonderful smile. In fact, there are many women who like to wear makeup like she has here...just walk into any Ulta store. Not every woman goes with the simple, bare makeup look. If I had her build, I would be out more often!

Quote Originally Posted by docrobbysherry View Post
    Yeah, she could totally pass! At nite in a room with no lites on. As long as she stayed silent!
    And it must be midnight on a cloudy moonless night!

Making a life for Tina! suchacutie's Avatar
    The problem with any "passing" thread is that how one looks in a photo is just the very beginning of what it means to move in the real world presenting as a woman. Willam Belli certainly has the potential to pass muster on the "looks" level. After all, there are venues for "dressing to the nines" and I don't have a doubt that Willam would fit right in at Sardi's on Sat. night after the shows let out (not showing quite that much skin, however).

The real test comes when one talks, moves, uses the expected mannerisms, and gives off all the feminine cues that GGs do so naturally. We can't tell all of that from a "drag" video and from stills. Invite her over to dinner in jeans and a T-shirt (okok, a skirt and a nice top for Karren) and see how it goes...