Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Asians make better crossdresser?

Agree with the idea that it is harder for anyone to notice the subtle queues outside their own ethnicity unless they are trained to do so.

Also agree that Asian people as a culture are shorter (both male and female) meaning an Asian MtF CD would fit into our western view of a female much easier due to their size alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceri Anne View Post
    When I was in Japan, I picked up a couple "girly" magazines out of a vending machine. One was normal Japanese girls, the other (we couldn't read either) just had a different feel to it. After much study and sharing them, one guy said......these are Philipean Lady Boys............as said above, the finer features and smaller statures do make stunning CDs, but I have seen some incredible girls from all countries. Youth helps pass as beautiful girls, but the older CDs if dressing age apropriate, can be almost impossible to tell.
    Yes its all relative. shorter height, petite bodies, finer features, less hair, means asian men pass more easily among western women. There is a fair amount of western women that are actually bigger than asian guys from what I see.

Western crossdressers tend to look like men in drag while asian crossdressers look like genetic women

Banned Read only
    Top 10 transsexual entertainers in Asia

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qcKEOcrK7uw

Do we, asians make better CDs? wow.. thats news !! or did you mean the south east asians and chinese?

Quote Originally Posted by reshma View Post
    Do we, asians make better CDs? wow.. thats news !! or did you mean the south east asians and chinese?
    I think they mean as seen through caucasian eyes. I hope you're not offended. Just a little ethnocentricity going on.

It's true that Japanese men (I'm not sure about other countries) are the same height or not much taller than American women. But the trouble is, the vast majority of Asian crossdressers are in their respective countries and not here, and over there the men are still taller than the women!
    Reine

@Reshma I believe there is a generalization of Asians into eastern Asians, like you said. Asia is pretty big afterall~

@Cabonara Cudos to that~ =^o^=

Personally, I think its about how you create the look. I think there are fabulous looking CDers in the west too. Not all CDs are just guys in drag. Of course, I don't think that its possible for everyone to look like a supermodel, but yes, I think its possible to pass. Its a matter of skill and "assistance". In view of "size" I would say I've seen my fair share of extremely tall chinese ladies, possibly even taller than me; and I'm somewhat tall for a Chinese. So if you're tall, you'd just be on the minority of the demographics. And to be on the brighter side, taller usually means longer legs, which I doubt is ever a bad thing~ XD

Agree, south east asians east asians, middle east asians..north east asians... asians !!! lol well, most asians are in the height group of 5"2 - 5"11 ... and when compared to western standards, are less taller.. and of course, body mass.. but its the south east asians that pass easily.. the chinese too.. indians to an extend.. ive seen pretty pakistani crossdressers and it was tough to tell the difference.. lets wait for afghans too well, yeah, compared to the europeans and americans, asians are tiny and passable.. god bless them.. let them all wear skirts and grow prettier ( no racial pun intended ).

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    I think they mean as seen through caucasian eyes. I hope you're not offended. Just a little ethnocentricity going on.

It's true that Japanese men (I'm not sure about other countries) are the same height or not much taller than American women. But the trouble is, the vast majority of Asian crossdressers are in their respective countries and not here, and over there the men are still taller than the women!
    Ya I agree Reine. But asians have less sexual dimorphism. So although its a bit difficult for asian men to pass amongst asian women they still would have a much easier time compared to western men passing amongst western women.

Just look on the board here, there are a lot of CDs over 6 foot tall with bulky frames, weighing over 185. While asian men tend to be taller than asian women but the body structure is not as differentiated between the sexes
    Last edited by seanmuscle; 03-01-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by seanmuscle View Post
    Ya I agree Reine. But asians have less sexual dimorphism.
    Not to people who grow up surrounded by people who share their ethnicity. See my last paragraph in post #36. This not only applies to physiological facial traits, but to the expression of emotions as well.
    Reine

Not to people who grow up surrounded by people who share their ethnicity. See my last paragraph in post #36. This not only applies to physiological facial traits, but to the expression of emotions as well.
    Reine lets say there was a group of western crossdressers and western women. And likewise a group of asian crossdressers and asian women. And you ask a group of asian people to pick out the men in both groups. The asian people would have a much easier time weeding out the western men then weeding out the asian men. Do you agree?

Reine lets say there was a group of western crossdressers and western women. And likewise a group of asian crossdressers and asian women. And you ask a group of asian people to pick out the men in both groups. The asian people would have a much easier time weeding out the western men then weeding out the asian men. Do you agree?
    No.

If each group is looking at a middle aged crossdresser or someone who is particularly macho looking in the other ethnic group (and make no mistakes ... asian men look macho too, compared to asian women), both groups will be able to tell easily. But, if each group is looking at a younger male on whom the effect of a lifetime of testosterone hasn't taken hold, the group that will better be able to tell that he is a male will be the group who shares his ethnicity. This goes both ways.
    Reine

I live in the real world! DaphneGrey's Avatar
    Perhaps you might think about what Asian crossdressers face on a daily basis. Having traveled quite extensively through Asia I can tell you that they don't have it easy. They may be smaller in stature and have less hair and be prettier physically. However in the sense of society (their society) It is much harder to live with and deal with being a cross dresser. To give you an Idea, in Japan society is so ultra conformist that if a woman wears lipstick that isn't in fashion, her office mates wont include her in ordering lunch. Imagine a crossdresser or trans woman in the same society. I am not sure being a crosssdresser is not any easier if you are Asian! I have a good friend who is Chinese, she lives in NYC. I was giving her a ride home one evening and innocently enough I said "you Asian queens have it so easy" There is a lot that I have had said and done in my life that I am not proud of. There is only only one thing in my life that I am ashamed of. That statement! I can't describe the look on her face, she was hurt. I was ashamed, it was easy to be superficial and think how lucky she is to be petite and hairless. But she in fact had suffered much more than I had. Lost much more than I had to be who she is and live her life. I didn't loose my family when I came out. She did! So perhaps she blends better than I do and the public notices her less. They don't notice her at all. She however goes home alone and has nobody in her life when the clothes come off. She was disowned by her family and lost her wife. This life is easy on nobody!

I am just saying!!!!!
    Living the life I choose!

No.

If each group is looking at a middle aged crossdresser or someone who is particularly macho looking in the other ethnic group (and make no mistakes ... asian men look macho too, compared to asian women), both groups will be able to tell easily. But, if each group is looking at a younger male on whom the effect of a lifetime of testosterone hasn't taken hold, the group that will better be able to tell that he is a male will be the group who shares his ethnicity. This goes both ways.
    I still think western and asian people regard asian crossdressers to be more passable and beautiful. Even on this board the asian cds tend to be most passable. The angie girl, and carbonara and allison is an example.
    Last edited by seanmuscle; 03-07-2013 at 01:13 PM.

The average asian guy is about 5'3 -5'6 and weighs 110-145 so that is about the same height and build as the average american woman. Theres a reason why asian crossdressers can shop in the normal womens section and have no problem finding clothes and shoes.
    I think the average is at least a couple of inches taller, I'm 5'7" and one of the shortest amongst my group of asian friends. I do have small frame and hands though, so finding UK size 10/12 clothes and size 8 shoes isn't too difficult.

On the other hand, while I'm not very hairy by western standards, I do have deep men's eye sockets and prominent adam's apple. So yes build wise, we might be easier to pass, but I think look wise it's down to individuals.
    Swottie

I still think western and asian people regard asian crossdressers to be more passable and beautiful. Even on this board the asian cds tend to be most passable. The angie girl, and carbonara and allison is an example.
    OK. Not to be rude, but you've heard of ignorant people who say, "To me, all the people of such and such a race look alike". This is someone who makes sweeping statements out of ethnocentricity and ignorance, because obviously all the people belonging to "such and such a race" can tell each other apart!

You say that asian CDers are prettier because you're focusing just on the pretty boys that you've seen, and applying this sweeping statement to everyone else in that ethnic group. Go live in Japan for awhile and then come back and say that most Japanese men could pass. lol

Really, young, attractive Japanese men make gorgeous CDers, just as young, attractive, caucasian men do. Macho looking Japanese men would have a hard time passing just like macho looking caucasian men. Japanese people can read an attractive japanese CDer better than caucasians can, and caucasian people can read an attractive caucasian CDer better than the Japanese can.
    Reine

I'm with you, Karen. Any day of the week.

This thread has over 4k views! So OK I'll throw in my 2 cents! I'm Asian as well and I don't think I'm easily passable in this western world. I will admit that buying dresses and shoes are easier since they are readily available in my size. However, if I wanted to pass it would take just as much effort and time (I believe) as some of the other non-Asians for them to pass. My wife always says that no matter what, I still look like a woman's soccer player with a dress on. Which I suppose is better than some, but as some of the other posters here have pointed out, since we are generally smaller in stature in comparison to the western world it would just *seem* easier. As another poster pointed out, even the Asian women are generally smaller in stature than the Asian men are... how can I compete with that??

Actually the average Japanese man is 5'7 compared to the average USm woman at 5'4. Younger Japanese are taller than that avg.

I'm fascinated with asian ladyboys a lot. When I was in the Philippines my last vacation I saw a few pretty ones, and one worked in a call center... He came out of a crowded mens bathroom and no one was bothered by him. In the Philippines ladyboys are somewhat common and are accepted somewhat, so if I lived there I would go around dressed up more often... Maybe I'd go around as a ladyboy too, - I'd just us my male voice when out in drag.

I also look into asian Craigslist ads from ladyboys, and some of them are really beautiful. Unfortunately they are prostitutes looking for good money from a foreigner. Manila Criagslist is full of them.

And for me being asian, it certainly helped in my passability, as I'm the perfect height for crossdressing at 5' 4" = the size of the avg american woman. Plus my shoe size isn't too large at size 9 to 9.5 M.

But there are many beautiful and passable crossdressers who are other races too, white, hispanic, black... and some of them are on this forum.

Yes they are Gina.
    Angie

OK. Not to be rude, but you've heard of ignorant people who say, "To me, all the people of such and such a race look alike". This is someone who makes sweeping statements out of ethnocentricity and ignorance, because obviously all the people belonging to "such and such a race" can tell each other apart!

You say that asian CDers are prettier because you're focusing just on the pretty boys that you've seen, and applying this sweeping statement to everyone else in that ethnic group. Go live in Japan for awhile and then come back and say that most Japanese men could pass. lol

Really, young, attractive Japanese men make gorgeous CDers, just as young, attractive, caucasian men do. Macho looking Japanese men would have a hard time passing just like macho looking caucasian men. Japanese people can read an attractive japanese CDer better than caucasians can, and caucasian people can read an attractive caucasian CDer better than the Japanese can.

Asian men actually tend to look more youthful than western guys even into old age which also helps in their passability.

Reine its the same thing with your height. The average height for american women is like 5 foot 5. You are 5 foot 9. There are people like you who deviate from the average. But you are not the majority.

Its the same with asian men. There may be some 6 ft, 200 pound asian guys but on average asian men have the height, build and proportions of an american woman. Hence why many of the asian CDs on this board look very passable and can find clothes and shoes in any american store.

A California Girl Rachel Morley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alwayshave View Post
    I may be off, but perhaps it is harder for Caucasians to read an Asian CD whereas someone who is Asian can pick them off right away.
    Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    I personally think that it's more about our unfamiliarity with Asian masculine and feminine traits and we more easily mistake their features as feminine. My guess is that it's obvious to them in their culture as it is here and that they would have to really work at it or even do HRT to get a passable face.
    This is what I think too. I think Awayshave and Cassandra "hit the nail on the head".
    The River City Gems - Northern California's largest and most active crossdressing & transgender support group!

seems we are covering the same ground over and over here.
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Quote Originally Posted by Lorileah View Post
    seems we are covering the same ground over and over here.
    I agree.
    Reine