Thread: I Quit Dressing!

I Quit Dressing!

OK, that got your attention didn't it?

About three weeks ago, I woke up in the middle of the night with intense pain and vomiting. My wife took me to the hospital where I was diagnosed with pancreatitis. I stayed ther for four days and came home to get better. All the while too sick to even think about dressing, much less do it. A few days ago I had a relapse and went back to the hosptal.

I'm home and felling better now. Not 100%, but better so I'm back in my boobs, etc.

I don't know if this proves that one can stop dressing, but I guarantee it was the last thing on my mind for a couple weeks.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda

I think acute illness changes everyone's priorities! I see it every day, I'm an RN. I'm glad you are feeling better!

When we are in survival mode, the glitz and glitter tends to fade into the background. Hope you are better my friend.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Platinum Member
    Wow, Linda, I'm glad you're back to 100%. And I guess that it tells us what it takes to keep you out of your boob!

Platinum Member
    Hi Linda, Please get well SOON, Dressing as a lady may be the best medicine .
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Wow! It sounds like you dodged a bullet. Go out and buy something pretty. That should make you feel much better.

Vieja

I hope you are continuing to heal

Gold Member
    It seems we don't realize it at times, but dressing does play second fiddle to many things in life. Get well!
    Last edited by PretzelGirl; 01-15-2013 at 10:30 AM.

Silver Member
    I think if you review all the things you didn't think of there would be a lot of things you still wouldn't give up by choice. My guess is that your diet was changed, but that doesn't mean you no longer like those foods.

I suppose it goes to prove that life is short and anything can happen...I know!!! I recently took a horrible fall and damaged my whole right side, broken bones and all. But mended fairly well....still mending. So, hopefully you'll remain whole and I wish you well my friend! Continue with your life as best as you can!!! Thanks for letting us know dear...remain well!

A cross dresser friend of mine was in a car accident in Jan 2005 and sadly lost his sight. When he was getting his life back together and accepting his lack of sight he did continue to dress with the help of his care worker. But as time has gone on he dresses less and less. It could be it's now too much effort or he can't see the end product or maintaining his new life his brain has put dressing lower down the list of priorities.

Maria

You did it!! You came up with a cure for all these sick minded people here. Get them deathly ill and they will fit into the social norm............or not. hope your feeling better soon, don't need you not dressing for that reason.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Yes unfortunately sickness brings along it's own priorities.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Well, it happened to me last night. I just quit dressing after several hours of looking pretty and went to bed. I haven't even thought about it until this morning either ;-)

Banned Read only
    I'm glad you're back and glad you're feeling better. And I'm glad that you're back in your girl clothes, I'm sure that in it'self is a very welcoming feeling after such an ordeal like that. I've been there myself. Back in April 2011, I had developed a pinched nerve in my neck. It went from my neck to my right shoulder joint. I was in and out of ER and other doctor visits. The pain was the worst I have ever endured. My arm was in a sling, no sleep, sometimes walking the halls at night holding my shoulder and neck and breaking down and just crying from the excruciating pain. During that time, cross dressing wasn't on my mind at all.
    So I wish to you many years of good health and happiness and lots of cross dressing.
    Last edited by Tara D. Rose; 01-16-2013 at 02:15 AM.

Glad you're home and feeling better.

So...what can you do? Swap a blue hospital gown to a pink one? ...it just seems reasonable that you wouldn't feel like getting all fancy when you are ill. ...but, did you scrape your toenail polish off or feel too ill to bother (just saying it might go both ways when you feel like crap). ...hope you get better though.
    Chickie

Gold Member
    Well yeah we always have some kind of problems but when an even bigger problem comes, priorities tend to shift for the moment.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Hospital gowns are the ultimate in gender neutral bad taste.

If you spend any time in a hospital you will notice that none fo the really sick people think about dressing they just want to get out with the grass under their feet. When they get home they can decide if it will be heels or loafers for the next walk.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, I know how it feels. I've had a cold and some other personal issues recently, and on those days, I can't really summon the energy to perform even a minimal transformation to Amy. It's not fun, but what can you do? Sometimes, you gotta take care of the "real" self first, then the femmeself will come back before you know it...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Thanks everyone for the sympathy and get well wishes. It was back for an MRI Tuesday, then a doctor's visit and back to the ER yesterday. They say it's a matter of time before it heals itself. They gave me some non-narcotic pain pills that seem to be working pretty well but I can't sleep. I suppose when I get tired enough I'll sleep. Once I get better, there is some sort of proceedure to drain the cysts.

So I'm in my boobs panties, and a house dress. That's about all I feel like doing right now.
    [SIGPIC]http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=82706&dateline=137762 0356[/SIGPIC]Linda