Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Here 15 Days: Strange Observation

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar

Here 15 Days: Strange Observation

I wish I could pass. Maybe I can pass. I'm not sure. I'm going to consultant sometime in the next couple of weeks for help. However, I just noticed something really strange, super tall women sort of look like us more than them. Is it just me? Is it just our height that we're battling with here? Am I just being silly? Probably yes to that last one but here's some pictures to consider:

http://uberhumor.com/extremely-tall-...ng-34-pictures (possible pop ups, sorry; here's the pics)

Last edited by CassandraSmith; 01-16-2013 at 02:06 PM.

When the pituitary gland producing human growth hormone goes craze.... the results are rarely feminine no matter what gender....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

You're quite spot on there. I wonder how many of the bystanders in the pics were looking at the tall woman and trying to work out if it was a woman or not, I know a few of them had me giving it a right close scrutiny.

I can pass as a taller woman... 5'7 do the math with heels

Platinum Member
    yeah, I think height and some other physical attributes tend to go hand in hand. Still, I dont think its an absolute rule that tall women look less feminine, nor is it absolute that tall CDrs will be less "passable". For the record, I don't entirely feel that passing is a prerequisite. Its an easier goal to simply blend in and feel comfortable in public. Overtime, as you gain confidence in your presentation, the fear of not passing will fade and you can focus on enjoying your life as part of the larger world.

I have just reported the original post as following the link caused multiple spam windows to open in my browser - the sort that tell you you've won something (an iPad 3 in this case) and offer no alternative but to click through.

I had to force quit my browser and change setting to stop them REopening every time I restarted my browser.

If you haven't already followed the link, don't.
    love

Cat

5' 10" here...so with any substantial heels I'm easily over 6'.
    So I wear comfy shoes with minimal heels and I'm fine with that.
    As for passing...well for the most part it's all about being me...and no longer concerning myself with what the rest of the populace thinks.
    Many of the members here are middle age and beyond. They are seldom concerned with passing and are just being the girl that they are.
    As long as I look nice, dress nice, feel nice and aren't creating a rukus, then everything else will fall into place.

But I will admit that those 3-4 inch heels can up my level of femme poise solely by the way they affect my posture.
    They are required when dressed to the nines! I have several pairs.

Carmen
    "Missed it by that much!"

Unfortunately I am 6 foot 1 inches without heels, my wife and I are shoe shopping tomorrow, so how tall will I be in heels? Who knows I'm new to this...... well not new just newly open about it with my wife. But I have to say no matter how tall I am with heels, I'm still gonna wear them x

'When I was in Junior College in the Bay Area in the late '60s, there was a woman English instructor who was over 7 feet tall. Nobody would ever mistake her as a man as she had very woman like features, just stretched out. She was definitely challenged in the walking feminine area, though.
    Last edited by mikiSJ; 01-15-2013 at 08:11 PM.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Silver Member
    Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    yeah, I think height and some other physical attributes tend to go hand in hand. Still, I dont think its an absolute rule that tall women look less feminine, nor is it absolute that tall CDrs will be less "passable". For the record, I don't entirely feel that passing is a prerequisite. Its an easier goal to simply blend in and feel comfortable in public. Overtime, as you gain confidence in your presentation, the fear of not passing will fade and you can focus on enjoying your life as part of the larger world.
    You are correct--the key to "passing" is not to stand out but to blend in---what a lot of the ladies here really mean by "passing" is to be dressed to the nines in sexy revealing clothing, lots of makeup, big sexy wigs etc--few of us could "pass" like that---the most passable TGs I know blend in by appearing as ordinary looking women, not as sex goddesses---on the other hand it can be fun to be a sex godess, even if you don't "pass"
    [SIZE="4"][/SIZE]

Banned Read only
    A sex goddess, that's what I want to be. I wear 4 or 5 inch heels most of the time. Talk about not blending, especially in Southeast Asia where I'm a foot and a half taller than most. Oh well, if you are going to stand out, stand up and shout.

Gold Member
    I am 6' 3" with out heals, now IF I where to wear heals, you would
    need to put a flashing light on my head so the airplanes do not run into me.
    Rader

I'm 6'2" without heels. All I need to do is get a few of them to hang out with and I'll going out all the time.

My Ship has sailed? Barbara Ella's Avatar
    At times I feel short at only 6 ft even, but my feminine feelings are not altered whether I am 6 ft, or 6 ft 4 inches in heels.....Well, actually the heels, when I wear them do make me feel it more, just wish I could wear them more.

Barbara
    He (she) who would learn to fly one day must first learn to stand and walk and run and climb and dance.
    - Friedrich Nietzche -
    I may never get to fly like the other girls, but I do so want to dance, so I continue to climb.

I suck. I'm 5'6"...yeah I win win sometimes......yeah, I suck, sorry.
    tease/taunt.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I'm around 6'3" before heels, and I'm also a plus-size lady. Probably not very inconspicuous at all. However, I take comfort in my fiancee's observation of me, dressed but without makeup, on the night of the Big Reveal: "You look more feminine than I do!" Since then, my presentation has been gradually improving, and my confidence is building. So one day, Amy will venture forth into the world, head held high...

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Super tall? In that department, Im ok. I'm 5'6" too, and wear size 9 in women's shoes. Yet, lots of women are shorter, so I wear flats.

I'm not totally bragging, because in male role, my height causes me to have an inferiority complex. It would be nice to be over six foot tall, and have an intimidating factor to boot! LOL

But in female role, I am under the radar, and have never, ever been accosted, stared at, or outed. I credit that partly due to people being preoccupied or oblivious, and to my ordinary women's clothing and non flamboyant presentation style. Nothing to call attention to. Plus my face is slightly feminine so that appearance wise, I come off simply as a masculine looking elderly female. At least I like to trick myself into believing so. LOL

-----
    And why can't we?
    Last edited by TeresaL; 01-16-2013 at 02:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RADER View Post
    I am 6' 3" with out heals, now IF I where to wear heals, you would
    need to put a flashing light on my head so the airplanes do not run into me.
    Rader
    i'm also 6'3", and have a pair of heels, which i haven't worn, because right before they came (from an internet site) i broke a bone in my foot. oops! i think my height precludes me from passing in public, in spite of my being devastatingly beautiful (okay, i'm a little delusional), but in private i'm just waitin' to slip my tootsies into those heels, just so my girl friend can oogle my legs!

The women in those pictures are inordinately tall and it looks as if they suffer from Acromegaly which results in Gigantism (I looked it up). This is caused by hyper secretion of growth hormone, due to the presence of a a tumor on the pituitary gland.

I found an article that explains this and also lists the various medical and other conditions such people suffer. Among them is a thickening of the facial traits, which on women would make them look more masculine.

http://www.colaborare.net/endocrine/...gigantism.html

If a woman is tall due to her genetic makeup (tall parents), and not because of a tumor on her pituitary gland, she would not be as tall (likely not beyond 6'2" although even this is rare) and I don't think she would look as masculine.
    Reine

Average sized women are over rated. They're everywhere. A dime a dozen. With tall women.. they're easy to find in a crowd and it gives you more to love
    With that said.... I love them all

I've been to outings with very tall women and my observation is some pass and some don't. It's all up to how each individual feels about themselves. Heck, im 6'4" with my 4" heels on!

Women who are tall often have a large frame ed body and a heavier physique.
    This makes them stand out and of course some will tend to look like us.
    A small petite CDer will look like a girl if she has a small frame and slight build.
    Find 32 small petite CDers and think about that.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Sorry if the link messed up your browser. I didn't have any problems using Firefox with the pop ups blocker on. I'll just snag the photos and load them into our system next time so this can't happen.

Short petite women are overrated and shouldn't set the standards for GG or crossdressers. My dear wife is 4 or 5 inches taller and 70 pounds heavier than me. That doesn't make her any less attractive.

A little anecdote, when we first met and were walking side by side, she told me to STOP and switch sides with her. While doing so, and somewhat puzzled, I asked her why? She replied that the sidewalk was higher on her side, and she wanted to appear closer to my hieght.

5'7" here. No issues dressed in either gender.
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are