Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Here 15 Days: Strange Observation

I think those women are beautiful. I'm right at 6 feet myself. Tall women may be unusual, but heck, I'm unusual too. I just hope I can be pretty as well. Oh and Cassandra, from what I can tell you should have no worries about passing!

Quote Originally Posted by Tibby View Post
    Wow that the first time anyone my size has been called over anything, as a short petite woman normally I just get called midget by the husband, even when he introduces to me to people lol
    I love short women too. LOL. It just seems to me that society puts emphasis on tall men and short women, as in, "tall dark and handsome," and "5 foot two, eyes of blue." I've had minor discrimination for my height, which IMO is an overrated trend, and puts outliers at a disadvantage and possible discriminating issues. In the early seventies, i didn't qualify for the job I wanted because I was under the height requirement.

Society IMO, discriminates against too tall, too short, too heavy, too thin, bald people, and us too.

Yay, all I need is a couple of these as friends and I will feel more normal

Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Me too, in my courting days. Being at eyeball level isn't necessary, and not near as cozy. Heheh

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by becky77 View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, I would love to hang out with that one in the 4th photo. We'd look like sisters.

What's funny is that the camera angle on your avatar is from a little higher and I just assumed you were about 5'2" or so. Then I've seen a couple of full length photos and I see you're height challenged like I am.

Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    Yeah, that's what I was trying to say. BTW, I would love to hang out with that one in the 4th photo. We'd look like sisters.

What's funny is that the camera angle on your avatar is from a little higher and I just assumed you were about 5'2" or so. Then I've seen a couple of full length photos and I see you're height challenged like I am.
    6 foot and would love to be shorter but it is what it is.

i transitioned at 6'2"

i get looked at all the time...people come up to me and ask how tall i am every once in a while...
    often when i see a 6'+ woman we say something to each other.... when i chat with a very shorter woman every single time they tell me they wish they were taller
    never have i been challenged about my gender (i did do ffs)

i very rarely wear heels...i went to a wedding once in heels and a dress and there was actually a girl there taller than me!!! 6'4 ish and she wore very high heels!! the guys were all over both of us and very curious to talk to us..
    we both took off our heels by mid wedding..neither of us were used to wearing them and we laughed about that...

there are VERY few women that are 6'2"....about 5'11-6' is where the line is drawn between uncommon and rare

in the end there are all types, every size and shape...including passable and unpassable crossdressers or ts women...

i didn't think those girls in the first pictures were masculine at all..there were some masculine features, but they were overwhelming feminine and i doubt any of them would be taken for anything other than a genetic woman.

our youngest daughter is 6ft - and there ain't a masculine thing about her....

jenn

Banned Read only
    Stop it! There is nothing wrong with being a tall woman. Just go out and take a good look around. They are everywhere. At 6'1" in bare feet. I have enjoyed being a tall woman for many years. Own it and have fun with it. Yes, some will look at you and try to determine if you are the real thing. Just wink and smile at them then move on allowing them to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Stop it! There is nothing wrong with being a tall woman. Just go out and take a good look around. They are everywhere. At 6'1" in bare feet. I have enjoyed being a tall woman for many years. Own it and have fun with it. Yes, some will look at you and try to determine if you are the real thing. Just wink and smile at them then move on allowing them to wonder.
    OK, I will!

Cassy

P.S. I still want to hang out with that one in picture 4 really bad though!

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    The women in those pictures are inordinately tall and it looks as if they suffer from Acromegaly which results in Gigantism (I looked it up). This is caused by hyper secretion of growth hormone, due to the presence of a a tumor on the pituitary gland.

I found an article that explains this and also lists the various medical and other conditions such people suffer. Among them is a thickening of the facial traits, which on women would make them look more masculine.

http://www.colaborare.net/endocrine/...gigantism.html

If a woman is tall due to her genetic makeup (tall parents), and not because of a tumor on her pituitary gland, she would not be as tall (likely not beyond 6'2" although even this is rare) and I don't think she would look as masculine.
    There are very tall females without the issue of pituitary gland tumors. A lot of women's basketball teams have women at 6'2" and even taller. Now they aren't common among society but there are a lot of them in the sports world.

Most of them don't have a pituitary gland tumor. There are some basketball and volleyball teams with women in the 6'5" range. Their father's are usually very tall!

Interestingly I saw a women's basketball game on tv where the anouncer remarked that a college a player that was the leading rebounder in the NCAA and she was only 6'2" implying that 6'2" was not that tall relative to the competition.
    Last edited by NCAmazon; 02-06-2013 at 05:14 PM. Reason: update

Quote Originally Posted by AmyGaleRT View Post
    I'm around 6'3" before heels, and I'm also a plus-size lady. Probably not very inconspicuous at all. However, I take comfort in my fiancee's observation of me, dressed but without makeup, on the night of the Big Reveal: "You look more feminine than I do!" Since then, my presentation has been gradually improving, and my confidence is building. So one day, Amy will venture forth into the world, head held high...

- Amy
    Yes, but you ooze petiteness! It's really more of a frame of mind now that I think about it.

Yes they are very tall, some made to look taller by possibly being posed with undertall people but one thing you should also notice, every single one of them is smiling and every single one of them is oozing in confidence.

Cassy don't worry, if you go out and someone looks at you for being a tall woman, be confident and give them a dazzling smile. Short people will want to be you and tall people will want to stand with you and if anyone does notice further than your height and notice you're a CDer, well lets face it, people are cowards when faced with confidence. Just don't put yourself in any danger.

Stay safe.

P.S, don't try stooping to make you seem shorter, that'll stand out more.

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CassandraSmith View Post
    Yes, but you ooze petiteness! It's really more of a frame of mind now that I think about it.
    Well, you're a sweetie for saying so, Cassy. I do use a high camera angle in my pictures, and there's nothing in frame that really gives me any kind of scale. But you may have a point with the "frame of mind" thing...when dressed, I don't feel all that concerned about my height, even in 3" heels (which is about as high as I go for the moment).

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016