Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wow! Has everyone felt this way?

Wow! Has everyone felt this way?

Just joined today and made my first two post.Was so nervous but your replies have all been been so kind and reassuring.I feel so lucky that I found this forum.Even though I don't know any of you personally coming out on here has made me feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.I have finally found new friends that truly understand me and that I can talk too.Let me know if any of you have also felt this way after joining. IT IS a Very wonderful feeling! Thank You so much!!!

being new here as well I felt the same way you did. Everyone here is so kind and supportive. This place is awesome.

Welcome!

Yes, I also felt similarly when I first joined. A real kinship with others who share in our passion. But you'll soon discover the members on this forum are as a diverse and wide-ranging group of individuals that you'd meet in any other part of society. An extremely wide variety of experience, desire, reasons for CDing, different degrees of CDing, and even down to many differing opinions on which panties fit best!

You'll learn a lot, so enjoy your journey here, and post away!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

Welcome to the Forum Erica. Yes, we are actually a great and varied group of individuals here. Some unlucky new comers sometimes start a new thread and do not get the same "nice" and helpful replies that they were hoping for. That is usually caused by picking a topic and way of presenting that topic that touches the hot buttons of several members at the same time. So, maybe one way to avoid that is too also read a lot of the threads here and get an idea where some of those hot buttons may be. Then, avoid those topics until you are ready to dive in, maybe take some heat and talk your way out of it. Those instances are rare, but more than one new member has decided that this was not the Forum for them. Unfortunately, they were probably wrong because even with all its flaws this is a great place to be, to learn, to share and to discover. Enjoy your stay.

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    There's plenty of advice and support here, so enjoy the journey

Erica, I felt the same way when I joined. Being in the closet most of my life, I was overjoyed to find a place where I could actually get things off my chest, so to speak. Lol!

I am Ana, hear me roar! 27th Jennifer's Avatar
    Welcome, Erica! I felt the same way that you feel when I first discovered the forum. I don't even remember how I found it, but it has been wonderful to read about the experiences of others.

Ana

Hi, Erica. Welcome from a fellow WI resident! I just joined a month ago and have found a very welcome place here...somewhere to express myself freely. Enjoy yourself!

You're welcome! Though I really don't think I did much.

I think there are quite a few of us who have felt that weight lifted after a big life event such as telling your SO, joining the forum, or going out in public the first time. It's a wonderful and cathartic feeling. Hopefully you can keep feeling that way and enjoy what these boards have to offer.

Have fun!

-Bree

This forum is wonderful it is encourging and supportive. The members are great and wonderful caring ladies. I love it.

Female Illusionist! docrobbysherry's Avatar
    I couldn't believe there were so many of "us", Erica. After over 10 years dressing in a vacuum, it was like finding an oasis in the desert!
    U can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect to enjoy life to the max. When u try new things, even if they r out of your comfort zone, u may experience new excitement and growth that u never expected.

Challenge yourself and pursue your passions! When your life clock runs out, you'll have few or NO REGRETS!

Welcome and thanks for joining the forum. I felt the same way when I joined.

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    You are going to look back and think why didn't I do that earlier. Welcome to the forum.
    Dana Ryan

Hi Erica,
    I'm new here too. I'm from Michigan, and everyone here has been great.
    Be yourself, it's OK.
    Michelle

Not everyone is supportive...you haven't met me yet

Ok that is a lie, I am the nicest person you would ever meet here

actually this is a very supportive group, welcome
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    Oh, yes, it is a wonderful feeling, Erica! And welcome to the forum!

I've been here a mite longer than you but I remember how welcome everyone made me feel. I do my best to help others feel welcome as well. Yes, we understand how you must be feeling; we're all women together here, dear, and many of us have gone through the same things. Get yourself past the 10-post mark and you can PM any of us if you have something you want to talk about out of the public eye.

And congratulations on making the right choice, and coming here!

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Definitely yes!!!

This forum and all the wonderful people here opened my eyes to a new world.

They will show you the path, but remember that it is you who has to walk it.

Yes Erica. And it hasn’t worn off yet!

I live on the west coast of FL.In the Tampa bay area and in Franklin NC
    Welcome. Now you can grow and become the person you want to be.

Welcome to the forum and I hope the warm fuzzy feeling stays with you.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    [SIZE="3"]I wouldn't hesitate to bet that everyone of us started crossdressing in secret and kept that secret for years going crosseyed staring at the world through the keyhole in the closet door. For so many of us, this is the first place we've been able to expose ourselves (just a little) without the fear of being criticized or condemned. Facing fear and overcoming it is just about as liberating as it gets. You've probably heard the term "paralysed by fear". Overcoming fear allows you to move, to breath, to live.

Welcome to the good life of fearless living in a great pair of heels!
    [/SIZE]
    Last edited by Lynn Marie; 01-16-2013 at 01:11 PM.

nope..... I lifted all my weights long before I found this forum..... it is the nicest forum on Crossdressing I've found to date.... and very entertaining!
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

SexyErica, you need to post a few more times so we all can chat with you. I am also from WI and would love to chat!

Quote Originally Posted by SexyErica View Post
    Just joined today and made my first two post.Was so nervous but your replies have all been been so kind and reassuring.I feel so lucky that I found this forum.Even though I don't know any of you personally coming out on here has made me feel like a weight has been lifted off of me.I have finally found new friends that truly understand me and that I can talk too.Let me know if any of you have also felt this way after joining. IT IS a Very wonderful feeling! Thank You so much!!!
    YES^^^^This is EXACLTY how I felt when I first joined -- been on here almost everyday since!

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    I experienced something similar to what you are describing. It's been about 17 days and the feeling hasn't gone away either.

Cassy