Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some stats for this board

well gee, I need to comment more if I'm going to catch up to Karen Hutton
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

I wanted a pink bubble!

A technical question: Is it the *diameter* or the *area* of the circles that is proportional to the number of posts? The latter would produce a more visually meaningful graph. Can you tell I studied information graphics in grad school?

- Diane

Quote Originally Posted by Diane Smith View Post
    I wanted a pink bubble!

A technical question: Is it the *diameter* or the *area* of the circles that is proportional to the number of posts? The latter would produce a more visually meaningful graph. Can you tell I studied information graphics in grad school?

- Diane
    It's very definitely the area, and something very important to get right for this sort of visualization. Thanks for asking though. Mistakes like that can happen.

This is way cool. Thanks for all the hard work, it's awesome.

Banned Read only
    Noticed that Doc got the only "real" pink or the closest thing to it of any size [at least on my my monitor] and Purple got one of only two lime greens and that i somehow ended up near the top of the pic. All random I'm sure but I will take it as a compliment anyway!

hey...wait a minute... wasn't skynet terminated??? LOL... At 256 posts, I guess that's about less than one a day.... Hope to get my bubble bigger in 2013...

Thanks for the thread...

Renne.....

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    I would've thought my bubble would be bigger...but then I saw that it represented all of 2012, and, up until October, I was still on hiatus prior to the Big Reveal. Oh well, I'm on pace for a bigger bubble next year.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016

Wow, you don't know how many people are out there until reading the list, thanks for such hard work you did on this, fun to read, thanks hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

Ha! My name won't fit on the pin head. Cool graph.

Addicted To Lipstick donnatracey's Avatar
    All I can say is "Wow".....and I need to step up the pace in 2013................

Hi Engendered - this is such a great exercise! Thank you for the work and creativity. Maith thu! Hugs - Diane

Nice job and an interesting display

It may have been small but I still wanted to see my colour bubble lol.

Yippy, I’m there!
    And I’m a pretty colour too.

I am sorry to be a party pooper but why is it that no matter what kind of forum it is someone feels they have to post a 'I am a better poster than you' thread.

There may be many reasons why people only post when they can. I only read and sometimes reply to threads that interest me. Therefore my post count is deemed poor but does that mean that I am not a valued member of this forum as much as someone posting 100 or 500 posts a year.

Some people just want to browse the forum but do not want to participate. Some people want to reply to everything posted. There is no difference between the two. They are both using this forum in a manner that suits them best.

As I said doing this just makes it another forum of I am a better member than you. I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?

Quote Originally Posted by Vicky_Scot View Post
    I am sorry to be a party pooper but why is it that no matter what kind of forum it is someone feels they have to post a 'I am a better poster than you' thread.

There may be many reasons why people only post when they can. I only read and sometimes reply to threads that interest me. Therefore my post count is deemed poor but does that mean that I am not a valued member of this forum as much as someone posting 100 or 500 posts a year.

Some people just want to browse the forum but do not want to participate. Some people want to reply to everything posted. There is no difference between the two. They are both using this forum in a manner that suits them best.

As I said doing this just makes it another forum of I am a better member than you. I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?
    I can't say I read it that way? I think you are taking it wrong, it's just a an interesting look at what's happening not a competition?

Well Becky

There is only one reason that I can see that someone post a thread like this.

It is to judge others.

Don't you think we are judged enough?

Well Becky

There is only one reason that I can see that someone post a thread like this.

It is to judge others.

Don't you think we are judged enough?
    Honestly? I think you are being overly sensitive. The reason for the thread seems to me to be nothing more than interesting stats. You could say it's quite the opposite and that the big posters are being picked on for having no life and spreading there opinions around too much. But seeing as I read a lot of their posts that's not the case either.

We are judged but who isn't? I just fail to see anything even remotely offensive in this thread?

Perhaps I am the wrong one.

Yep, it is interesting. But flawed.
    I know that I don't post much in this sub-forum, but I do on occasion.
    My name isn't even on the list.

Crossdresser At Heart NatashaCD's Avatar
    LoL im not even a speck

Love it, thanks. With all those balloons it's time for a party!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

I did not realize it was a competition to see who makes the most posts in a year.

Whats the prize?
    If a member posts only one post ever then that post is as important as all the others Vicky.
    This is just fun but if it is upsetting members then the Mods will deal with it I should think.

No prize, just a bit of fun.

Aspiring Member

Very good work

Thanks for doing the statistics Engendered, this was interesting. You also answered the question of why the number for my posts in your list differs from the one below my 'signature block'. I do post on other boards too.

Keep up the good work.

Hugs,
    Sandra1746

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    Yep, it is interesting. But flawed.
    I know that I don't post much in this sub-forum, but I do on occasion.
    My name isn't even on the list.
    Thank you for this post. I had indeed made a mistake. People with all capitals in their name didn't get picked up properly in one part of the code
    I fixed that and updated both versions of the image. Of course people who liked their colours the first time around, will probably hate the random number generator this time.

And Vicky. I apologise if you think this topic is just a means to judge people. It really wasn't intended that way. I only post from time to time aswell (11 last year!). I was just curious, and wanted to share what I found in a colourful way.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    That was great, Thanks for doing it, and it sure is a neat way to show the most active members. I guess I have to work on blowing up my balloon for 2013
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!