Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Working at home en femme

Working at home en femme

All of my team is out this week, as is my manager. So it's just me in the office, 10 minutes away from my house. I resisted the idea for awhile, since I try to make it a point not to do work when en femme, and as I do have plenty of work to catch-up on. But once two female co-workers started chatting about a cute blouse, I couldn't stand it anymore. Maybe I could have resisted under normal circumstances, but I have a new dress that just arrived yesterday, with no other time coming up try it on.

So I headed home around 2:30pm, and am now fully dressed, doing work. I find it doesn't distract from my work, as I thought it might, and it even improves my mood. I wonder if people will detect a happier tone in my emails?

I felt a little bad about it at first, but no real harm done to anyone. And it does feed into my new resolution to love myself and prioritize my own needs too. OK, back to the email grind!

<3
    Camille

Hi Camille!

Isn't working from home great! I've been a telecommuter working from my home office for over 4 years now. I love being able to log in to work after waking up while still in my nightgown or being able to slip into near full Nicole mode while working and no-one is the wiser (hard to get away long enough to do my makeup - I pretty much only have the time to step away to change clothes and put my forms on before I'll be gone from the PC too long and someone would notice I'd stepped away).

Nicole

I always thought that would be awesome to work at home fully or nearly fully dressed. And I still would like to be able to do it at least a couple of days per week but not everyday. I would miss the interaction with my coworkers, most of whom I get along with great. Heck, I see them more than I see my wife and kids!
    "Masquerading as a man with a reason, my charade is the event of the season" ('Carry On Wayward Son' by Kansas)

I don't get the oppertunity to work pretty very often, but its lovely when I do.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Miss Camille, girl i think its great that you can work while dress really enjoying the day, keep it up and because alot of us girls can't do to are work, so enjoy it for all of us. hugs.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE][SIZE="3"]Stacy Lynn Coral[/SIZE]

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I am lucky to be able to work from home too.
    I love to dress up extra nice,makeup, etc, for an important telecom. (Yeah its silly) Its so much fun to be part of a meeting with the USN, admirals and hot shorts as Bobbi. If they only knew.
    The best part is to listen to the boring meetings and epliate my legs. Multi-tasking at its best.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I had surgery on my ankle in Oct. last year, and worked from home. Being able to dress made the work much more doable.

I still work from home a couple days a week, as the ankle has not healed yet, and I have physical therapy twice a week.
    DonnaT

I'm sitting here working right now...in satin pj's...

Jenn

All you ladies are so lucky to be able to work from home!!! As a Marine, can't really work from home....too much that involves hands-on!!! At least I can underdress though!

I'm retired and while I do not "work" from home I am nearly 24/7 dressed en femme even do my outside chores without changing.
    Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do. Mark Twain

I agree working dressed from home would be great. Alas , never happen for me. So those of you that can , enjoy !

MIDI warrior princess Amy Fakley's Avatar
    doing it right now :-)
    I really love working en femme, after nearly a decade working from home, I don't think I could even function in a regular office anymore. I wouldn't know how to act, LOL
    If these guys on these conference calls only knew!
    "Why shouldn't art be pretty? There are enough unpleasant things in the world." -Pierre-Auguste Renoir

Working at home en femme is a natural progression for me.
    I feel better disposed to decision making and other chores.
    I do not dress when in the workplace and others do not know.
    I find it relaxing.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I used to dress at home while working all the time. I worked from home full time for years - it's really the time when Laura started to "come into being".

One thing to watch out for... when I worked from home, my employer LOVED to use webcams. They'd send me an instant message, then click the "webcam" button and BOOP - my webcam was on! If you have a laptop, it's probably a good idea to put a piece of paper or tape over the lens in case it happens.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Camille15 View Post
    So I headed home around 2:30pm, and am now fully dressed, doing work.
    "I need to show you what's going on here. Have you got your Skype application running?"
    "Uh, I'm going to need 15 minutes or so to get that going."
    "I think the valve is faulty and these cracks could result in an immediate melt down."
    "Alright, let's see it."
    "Wow, that's a great look on you!?!?"

I wasn't into makeup yet and always kept a sweatshirt nearby.

"Why isn't your webcam on?"
    - Oh, sorry, I was troubleshooting and shut it off. Here let me turn it back on. *toss wig off, grab sweatshirt* There it is...

I am currently looking for work. When I'm at home applying online for jobs I'm dressed all day until I pick my wife up in the evening. My wife announced that I should be out there cold calling on employers for work looking smart with shirt and tie. I knew she was right but this is going to drastically reduce my dressing time. My solution on the days I'm going out is to dress with wig and no makeup have breakfast and when I'm ready to go out off come the wig, shoes, jewelry and boobs and on go a pair of womens jeans over the tights, mens shoes and mens coat zipped up to not show female top. So at least it feels like I'm semi dressed. As soon as I get home I go back to full girl mode makeup etc for a couple of hours before going back for the wife.

Maria

Platinum Member
    Hi Camille, Working at home while en femme that sounds like multi tasking.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I have a podcast that I record semi-regularly, and often I'm doing solo voice overs on Sunday mornings. This last Sunday also happened to be a day where I was home alone. I did not pass up the opportunity, and so I recorded en femme. Not my voice; and obviously the listeners will never know. But still, it was fun to be doing something "normal" in dress!
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

I'm lucky enough to be a self-employed software consultant so work from home dressed as pretty and as sexy as I can be every day. Life is good.
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

I am lucky enough to work daily as me. Sometimes full makeup, sometimes just casual. LOVE it.

Banned Read only
    I recently started a new job that has me travelling all over the place. About half of my work time is in hotel rooms or at home. Although I don't meet clients as Gina, I have been able to spend a lot more time dressed. I have started to dress when off the road, do what work I have to, then complete my day as Gina. Gina hasn't been out some much in public before.

I worked at home for years. I'm stuck in an office with others now, but for over a decade I worked 100% out of a home office.

It is kind of fun to think back now and know that, for more than a few major projects, I was in a skirt or dress, heels, hose etc for the entire thing. One thing about working from home is that it is sometimes difficult to separate your time... When you should be working, and when work is done and you need to turn it off. My solution? When I needed to work, I'd dress for business. I have a closet full of 'business casual' wear. Skirt suits, dresses, heels, etc that you'd see most women wearing to an office on a daily basis.

Every morning, I'd get ready for work just like many other women with office jobs. Many nights I'd pick the next days outfit out ahead of time and hang it all, including the bra/panties and hose, on the closet door so it would be easy to get ready for work when I was half asleep (I'm NOT a morning person!)

Then I'd get my cup of coffee and head to my office. The only time I WASN'T dressed was if I was expecting a package, or had an outside meeting. Other than that, every conference call, every long day spent working on a project, every frustrating time trying to solve a problems was done in a skirt or dress. In time, it felt so totally normal to me that I didn't even think of it as being 'dressed' anymore. Smoothing the skirt under me as I sat in my office chair, crossing my legs when I sat and feeling the movement of the dress as I paced while on a conference call all felt normal to the point that I'd miss them if I was in pants.

In the end, after over a decade of working this way, I have enough outfits in my closet that I could wear something different to the office every day for over a month without repeating.

At the end of the day, I would separate work from home time by changing out of my more formal clothes into something more casual. Take off the hose, put on a comfy skirt and jersey, take off the dangling earrings, etc.
    Last edited by Cristi; 01-18-2013 at 11:33 AM.
    In a society in which it is a moral offense to be different from your neighbor your only escape is never to let them find out.
    -- Robert Heinlein

Even though I love being dressed and doing the household stuff, I am still nervous that someone will see ma through the windows, am I just paranoid?

Lingerie and Lace Lover! FrancineBrice's Avatar
    I am lucky enough to be retired and while I do not "have to work" from home. I truly love dressing feminine nearly 24/7 also I sometimes I get to do my outside chores without changing back to male drab! Life is great!
    Life can be very short! We only have one life to live and why not live you life doing the things that you enjoy the most! Just Do It!