Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Working at home en femme

Between marriages I had a lot of privacy. I also work from home, unless I'm on the road, so I went weeks being able to dress up every day - bra, slip, hose, heels, dress, makeup, wig, nail polish and jewelry. What a wonderful time that was. I just loved feeling the bra encircle me, the slip against my skin, the stockings on my legs, the skirt of the dress swish against my legs, my feet in the heels, my dangling earings against my neck, the feel of a bracelet and necklace, the wisps of hair against my face - it was all so good!

Those days are over, but at least I had them.

Quote Originally Posted by BLUE ORCHID View Post
    Hi Camille, Working at home while en femme that sounds like multi tasking.
    Especially if work is not limited to computer/phone/papers but requires protective clothing over a dress.

Just underclothes, we have quite a few videoconferences throughout the day and don't want to take the risk.

50's Housewife Wannabe Madilyn A.'s Avatar
    I worked for years at home at least 2 days per week, always dressed, always made up, and enjoyed every minute. If you take some extra time to do your makeup, you'll find how much more efficient you will become to more than cover those extra minutes in front of the mirror. Enjoy !
    Believe in the impossible dream, dreams do come true !!!

www.flickr.com/madilyna

Madilyn

Banned Read only
    Normally I do not work from home, but every now and then the opportunity presents itself. If I'm doing machine design work, I can connect to my company's network just like in my office. The only time you ever notice a difference is when you save a file back to one of the servers. Anyway, I find that there is an initial period of fussing over my clothes after I have changed, but after that everything seems to mellow out and the work goes pretty well. It makes for an very interesting intersection of the very masculine work that I do (I'm a mechanical engineer) but from a female perspective.

However, over the last 5 or 6 weeks, I've been doing something a bit different. I have been working on (and in) my house. Basically I assembled a BUNCH of IKEA stuff, rebuilt my closet with a wooden kit with shelves, garment bars and drawers and preparing an entertainment area in the basement. Working some nights and most weekends, I have usually dressed for the occasion. As I'm sawing, drilling and screwing, it's more of a casual look with full underdressing, a skort and turtleneck. Sometimes I'll wear bib overalls instead of the skort. I discussed this a bit in another thread. It was an interesting discovery to realize that you could hold things in your lap with the skort or a skirt that you can't when wearing pants. THAT was pretty cool. Otherwise, psychologically it is a little strange to be dressed en femme, but doing masculine physical labor. Maybe this is how Josephine the Plumber felt?

Banned Read only
    As a retiree I have the ability to be en femme much of the day, Monday through Friday. What I have found is when you are en femme frequently, you actually forget you're en femme. I find I just go about doing whatever my routine may be for the day' from preparing my breakfast and lunch, washing dishes, laundry, ironing, baking, cooking, gardening. When I did not have such ample time to be en femme, when I had a few hours every week or month, then I found myself standing in front of the mirror most of the time.

I've been working from home for almost 6 years. At first I thought it was great. But eventually the feeling of isolation caused by working from home became greater than the thrill of working en femme. Communicating over the phone doesn't replace live person to person interaction. If given the choice I would work from an office and forgo working en femme.