Thread: Ask a Transexual

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Silver Member
    The family that have seen me - mom, wife, daughter, brother, the in-laws and one uncle. I have talked to my sister but have not seen her. My dad he died this last november he had not seen me, I am not sure how he really felt about me The uncle has only seen me once - he was nervous about it and did not really say anything to me. I have a niece and nephew that I talk to on-line. The rest of the family have not seen them and I did not feel it was that important for me to talk to and let them know about my transition, they all found out anyway through my mom and the grapevine - when they do see me again they will see me as me - what they think I don't really care to be honest.

My mother in-law is cool with me but my father in-law the last two christmases said I could only go to his house if I went as a man. Even though holidays 2011 I was still presenting as male sort of for work I was not willing to present as male outside of work so I said no then, and this last holiday after having changed my name and having my big show down at work to be me there was absolutly no way am I presenting as male for anyone ever again. Its not happening.

My brother is getting married this summer and he was giving me some friendly crap about going - "there are going to be the indians, the mormons, the cowboys and the drunks, and then there is all of her family, and then there's going to be YOU, dear brother, in a dress!" He is so looking forward to his wedding! So am I, I am going to dress nice! But I think he is upset as he was the best man at my wedding but how do I fit into his? And I think he really is worried about how people will react to my being there.

Transitioning is hard.
    Last edited by arbon; 02-14-2013 at 01:23 PM.