Thread: Theorising my feminization kink

Theorising my feminization kink

I think I have an interesting perspective for those of us that are stimulated by the idea of self feminization, especially if it is of the embarrassing kind. Perhaps my new blog may be a helpful resource for some of you!

http://theautogynephiliac.blogspot.co.uk/

-wxhluyp

Banned Read only
    "At it's core, crossdreaming is adjunct to an essentially psychosexual or fetishistic account of autogyenphilia. Where it is generally understood that the sexual experience simply infers a pre-existing event of imprinted childhood emasculation trauma, crossdreaming extends this by postulating that the antagonizing object manifests sexually because it has been desired all along."

Umm, nope. Perhaps you want it to be.

Nondressing CDer ReluctantDebutant's Avatar
    I don't know if I agree with you 100%. You kind of loss me with all that psycho-technobabble. But when I came across the term autogynophilia a few years back it seemed to fit me more than any other transgendered term. I don't simply desire to dress as a woman I desire to know what it's like to have a woman's body. I heard that the transsexual community hates this term because it sums up their desire for SRS as nothing but a mere fetish. But I never felt I was transsexual to be transsexual requires more than a passing sexual fetishistic desire to be a woman and more of a complete whole being desire to be a woman.
    Last edited by ReluctantDebutant; 01-20-2013 at 08:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenniferathome View Post
    "At it's core, crossdreaming is adjunct to an essentially psychosexual or fetishistic account of autogyenphilia. Where it is generally understood that the sexual experience simply infers a pre-existing event of imprinted childhood emasculation trauma, crossdreaming extends this by postulating that the antagonizing object manifests sexually because it has been desired all along."

Umm, nope. Perhaps you want it to be.
    Umm, hello! How would you propose it as anything other than adjunct?

That is, if we happen to be talking about the same sexually arousing experience.

All I wanted was just to simply be a girl.

I have the same thoughts as Nathalie on this one.
    If I could afford $50 an hour I would get Jennifer's diagnosis in a signed letter and wave that around.
    Otherwise I will avoid the psycho-technobabble.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Difficult to follow, but this is my take on it.

There are three different ways that autogynephilia (AGP) is discussed here:

1. As background: Ray Blanchard, the researcher who coined the term AGP, proposed it as a fetishistic motive, for transitioning TSs who are attracted to women. Needless to say, this caused a furor in the transsexual community.

2. Jack Molay, the author of "Crossdreamers" who defines himself as "a man who dreams about having a female body" maintains that the original definition of AGP as a fetish is a horribly wrong way to look at it since AGP is the expression of a natural sexuality, not only for transsexuals but also for "men who dream about having a female body" (which I take to mean someone who is not transsexual). Jack believes that AGP is the natural expression of a person's innate sexuality even if he is a man. Jack further takes great pains to compare non-TG men and non-TG women who become aroused when thinking of a partner, to crossdressers (or TGs) who become aroused at the thought of themselves as women. I take it that Jack believes that autosexuality is not a fetish, and it is just as valid an orientation as heterosexuality and homosexuality.

3. I also take it that the person who wrote this blog is saying that Jack Molay speaks from the point of view of being a transsexual (even though Jack says that he isn't?) when referring to AGP as the expression of innate sexuality, and that Jack completely ignores the crossdressers for whom sexual fantasies of being female ARE nothing more than a sexual fetish and that AGP is NOT the expression of their innate male sexuality.

No one is making the value judgment that AGP is the only motive for everyone who crossdresses, but rather, the blog author is proudly counting himself as a male, fetish crossdresser, and not a female who is aroused over having sex with her lover like any other female, the way that Jack Molay suggests, even though he is not TS.

Also, and this may be a tangent, but speaking strictly of AGP no one is mentioning the strength of the fantasy of oneself as a woman. In it's mildest form, it can be a fun kink in the bedroom since it would not replace or take energy away from a sexual relationship with a parter (whether male or female). But, when AGP (or any other kink or fetish) replaces partners in terms of sexual arousal & completion, then it can be problematic if the CD or the TG is in a relationship with a partner who does not share the fetish and who feels left out. A sexual kink becomes a problematic paraphilia only when it causes distress in relationships or when it negatively impacts other life facets such as the ability to focus on work or the ability to maintain a varied social life. AGP is NOT a problem (and therefore not a paraphilia), however, if the CD or TG is single and prefers a solo sexual life. Not everyone is meant to be in relationships, and so to each his own!
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-21-2013 at 12:00 AM.
    Reine

Banned Read only
    Pseudoscientific theory, or better put, useless mumbo jumbo from so-called medical experts. Hetero male and female therapists, psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and all the other freudian trained professionals are clueless about what we face and what we feel.

There is very little science in the discipline to begin with. Most of it is nothing more than empirical, subjective opinion. I have one, you have one, everybody has one. My opinion and a dollar will still buy you a small cup of coffee sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by LaraPeterson View Post
    Hetero male and female therapists, psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and all the other freudian trained professionals are clueless about what we face and what we feel.
    Lara, just so you know, the two loudest voices in the debate mentioned in this thread, Jack Molay of Crossdreamers and the person who wrote the blog above, are both crossdressers (or TGs or however they may define themselves).
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    Lara, just so you know, the two loudest voices in the debate mentioned in this thread, Jack Molay of Crossdreamers and the person who wrote the blog above, are both crossdressers (or TGs or however they may define themselves).
    For the record, Jack Molay considers him/herself a gender dysphoric TG and is NOT a crossdresser. He considers crossdressing a painful reminder of what he is not in the bodily sense.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSissyStevie View Post
    For the record, Jack Molay considers him/herself a gender dysphoric TG and is NOT a crossdresser. He considers crossdressing a painful reminder of what he is not in the bodily sense.
    My apologies. Let me redo this.

To Lara, the debate in this thread is between a gender dysphoric TG and what appears to be a crossdresser, and not hetero male and female therapists, psychoanalysts, psychiatrists, and other freudian trained professionals who might engage in psychobabble.

To Stevie, I'm not disputing Jack Molay's self-identity, but why does he use a male name and identify as a male? Unless I read an older blog and she has changed her identity and name since then?
    Last edited by ReineD; 01-21-2013 at 01:46 AM.
    Reine

Quote Originally Posted by ReineD View Post
    To Stevie, I'm not disputing Jack Molay's self-identity, but why does he use a male name and identify as a male? Unless I read an older blog and she has changed her identity and name since then?
    I don't have a good answer for that. You can ask at the crossdreamers blog. "He" has often indicated that "he" is probably TS but will not/can not transition.

I dunno, sometime it just is what it is and we tend to over think this stuff.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by auto andrea View Post
    I think I have an interesting perspective for those of us that are stimulated by the idea of self feminization, especially if it is of the embarrassing kind. Perhaps my new blog may be a helpful resource for some of you!

http://theautogynephiliac.blogspot.co.uk/

-wxhluyp
    If that's who you figure you are, and if that's how you figure you work all well and good. Enjoy it, but keep any and all psychobable labels off me.

I dunno... I just like putting on tights and dresses and admiring myself in the mirror. When did this get so complicated?

Quote Originally Posted by Aylineira View Post
    I dunno... I just like putting on tights and dresses and admiring myself in the mirror. When did this get so complicated?
    she shoots, she scores, and the crowd goes wild

Again, I am sorry about the "psycho-technobabble", but it seems to be a very complicated and counterintuitive experience. To which there are many reasons for which one may want to understand it, whether it is self-help, curiosity or political.

Yep Jack identifies as gender dysphoric.

He propagates a theory that aims to positively accommodate gender-dysphoric autogynephiliacs, by basically reducing the condition to transsexualism. Those autogynephiliacs who have never experienced gender-dysphoria, he implies, are repressed transsexuals. A liberation for some, only to imprison and label others
    #rachael.davis
    . Generally, non-dysphoric and non-body-centric autognephiliacs are not accounted for, mainly because the discourse and such communities seldom figure for them. Though when they do emerge in such communities like Crossdreamers, Jack does his all to suppress their own discourse in the name of the "greater good" of the gender-dysphoric.

The very existence of non-gender-dysphoric autogynephiliacs, even those who's fantasies don't focus on the female body are suppressed from his discourse. It is these people which allow for the possibility that sexual arousal by "the thought of relating oneself through femininity" itself, does not at any point necessitate gender-dysphoria, but does include potential preconditions for the psychological emergence of gender-dysphoria.

An important point which I try to make is, what I know Jack knows of but compartmentalizes or manipulates, is that just like any form of self identification, gender-dysphoria does not necessitate any innate grounding. That even gender-dysphoria psychologically rooted in sexual mediation, can be just as real and legitimate as to justify something like SRS. He knows that it isn't inherently inauthentic or perverse yet uses the notion derogatively and manipulatively. That Jack's discourse consistently implies a biological and dysphoric grounding to autogynephilia, although at no point is it necessitated. It is ideologically driven.

I aim to theorize, affirm and celebrate the sexual experience apart from any inherent negative reductions, such as a perversion, an "erotic target location error", or as repressed transsexualism.

Thank you for bringing up this topic, Andrea. I am learning more about autosexuality, paraphilia and autogynephilia. Earlier in the thread, someone mentioned how the SO "feels left out". This explains alot.
    [SIZE="3"][/SIZE]

Hugs,
    Mihrimah