Thread: Taxes and Crossdressing

Taxes and Crossdressing

My So and I went to H&R block today to get our taxes done. Since we are not married yet, we have to file separately. We were a bit disappointed in the end results. Even separately we are not getting back around what we have in previous years.

A lot of laws changing and such played a huge part into it, and making a bit more money also did. We also couldn't file our state taxes until the 30th because the governor here in MI is playing games with the official tax form this year which I found to be extremely strange.

I also find it strange that the government isn't giving refunds until the end of February because of the "fiscal cliff"? I almost went off on the lady to be honest. By February we could damn well be over that cliff which is made up BS anyways.

But not to get side tracked lol I found it interesting that H&R now has a debit card you can get your refund put on and they really push it as it's the cheapest way to actually get your money back. To get the card is $24.95, direct deposit is $34.95 and to get a check from them is $50.

I don't have a bank account (a long story that were not suppose to talk about here) so this means my money will be on a card I can pretty much use anywhere and without the worry of cashing a check.

What does this have to do with CDing? well, a good portion of our refunds goes towards things really needed like car repairs, bills, improvements, and such but we always put a little aside for the "wants" or a big item. After all we worked hard for our money that was stolen from our pay checks

This opens a whole new world for her and I as now we can shop online! If I see that dress that I want or maybe even a new wig I can actually get it. No hassles, no stores, no comments.....The positives go on an on and since i pretty much know my sizes and such, it shouldn't be a problem Plus they always seem to have better deals online than in the stores, the possibilities may be limitless.

The best part is even after the refund is gone, the card is rechargeable which I have been thinking of getting for sometime now so it kills two birds with one stone!

I am just wondering what every one thinks of this? Would you get this card solely for shopping? or at least a little portion of it? Do you chose the card, direct deposit, or check, or do you wait the old fashioned way by snail mail? is having this debit card the best, and safest, way to shop online?
    Last edited by ~Joanne~; 01-22-2013 at 01:43 PM.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

I always try to pay come April 15th, as long as no penalty for underpayment, as I keep the money and put it to use as best I can. But with a debit card, who will know your purchases? Will H&R Block get access to your list of purchases or it is totally anonymous?

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetED View Post
    Will H&R Block get access to your list of purchases or it is totally anonymous?
    Hmmmm, didn't think about that to be honest. Then again, I am sure if you do any shopping with any card from anywhere, they have a list of the purchases stored some where. I will treat it the same as shopping in a store....it's none of their business what I am buying and how would they know who it was for and whatnot?
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Dang Revenuers. There they go goofing us up again with their bottemless tax money pit. Oh well.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Well if you bought an American Express gift card at a store, and paid cash, then they would never know who bought the items when you used the American Express gift card, unless you shipped it home. Unless you are concerned about the store cameras. It depends on your level of privacy desired. Your web browser, if not in Private browsing, probably watches you more.

terrapin station, you need to guess a little bit
    Debit cards are issued by a lot of different providers, but they are all underwritten by one of the big card providers (ie Visa or MC or Amex). The original provider NEVER has access to the details of how the card is used unless of course they provide special benefits if you purchase their product such as an airline card being used for a ticket purchase. I wouldn't worry about the card provider knowing that you bought those pink panties. If the consequences of that are so great then you probably shouldn't be buying them in the first place.

As for American Express gift cards let me go on a bit of a rant. These are the worst! Most stores DO NOT know how to ring them up and there is always a problem if your purchase exceeds the amount of the card. Not to mention trying to use these types of gift cards at a restaurant where they automatically put an extra 10 % hold on the card assuming you wanted to add a gratuity on top of your purchase.
    Last edited by darla_g; 01-22-2013 at 02:37 PM.

It seems that you want your refund immediately and that is why H&R is charging for the check, direct deposit and debit card. Otherwise, you get your refund for free when the State and feds get around to processing your refund. Good luck and happy shopping.

Hmmmmmm........I wonder if I could claim Suzy as a dependant? She is incredibly needy and expensive to support.

H&R Block and a couple of the other national tax preparation firms have become 'payday' lenders. They would love to give you a credit card with obscene fees and rates so you can get your check faster. If you want to get your money faster, and at no cost to you, have the IRS send you check to your bank account.
    http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/2...oans/index.htm

Also, unless there was a significant change in your income/deductions/credits year to year you should not have seen any substantial change. The tax rates did not change in 2012 from 2011.
    Last edited by mikiSJ; 01-22-2013 at 04:50 PM.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I have found the something, so much for King Obama helping the middle class. I figure I will lost $600 this year income, and $1200 next year.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Miss Joanne, you just gave me an idea. If I start a CDing based business, I could write off all of my clothes and girly stuff next year.... Hmmmm. Does a blog count, if I take advertising money?

Refund? I haven't gotten one in a decade.... I'd rather use my money during the year and pay them 3.5 months after the years over....... I do use the proceeds from my expense accounts for fem buying.... and I pay cash...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I stopped using HR block two years ago, when I used my accountant instead. He called me at home and asked 'Who the hell does your taxes?' . He had found $9000 that H&R missed. I called H&R about their guarantee, and they told me I didn't give them enough information, and therefore their gaurantee didn't apply. If it wasn't enough info, how come an accountant found it with the same info? My accountant explained it as H&R is great for the guy who has a VERY simple return. Mine has all my wifes medical and disability, my wierd income, paid partly as pre diem, and part salary, and part dividends, plus my income from real estate transactions. So, granted my taxes may be beyond the scope of a mall kiosk, but H&R should have warned me thus, and recommended a more qualified person.
    Bottom line. I got a huge return I wasn't expecting, I will GLADLY fork over the $900 my acct. charges, and I know that H&R are not the right people for everybody. -Celeste

Sorry I just don't understand why you would want to give H&R money so that you can get YOUR money. If things are that tight then tighten the belt and wait...why dip into your refund???
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    So my previous life as a tax professional kicks in here.
    I agree with Karren and others. If you get back $1000 you could have been getting back $83 more per month in you paycheck. Check with your payroll people and adjust your 'dependents'.
    Thats money you could have used to buy things as they need to be bought and not hoping for the gov to give you back your cash after they have had it all year. and you dont have to pay HR Block to get your money on a debit card either.
    It also may teach a little bit of restraint to put the money under your mattress instead of blowing it every month.
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!