Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What an opportunity!

Quote Originally Posted by famousunknown View Post
    I think you may hold some kind of new record.
    Umm, yes, I was so thinking this too . That's is so pink fog, so please be careful. Also, they are your parents and they will know. Parents have that kind of intuition and you should keep it real with them.

Quote Originally Posted by FaithGrace View Post
    1) I do now live full-time as a woman, I'm not just an occasional part-time cross-dresser. This is my life now so I am going to tell my family eventually, but I wanted to be doing this at least a year before I exposed 'Faith' to them.
    Then under the circumstances, I think you owe it to your parents to move up the date of disclosure. You were planning to tell them in just a few months anyway. You do not want them to be shocked while watching a show you say they watch religiously. You say that in a way, you're hoping that your television appearance might let the secret out of the bag, but I don't think that letting them know this way is considerate of them or their feelings. I also think there is a greater chance than not, that they will recognize you. I would recognize my sons even if they wore wigs, makeup, and women's clothing. It's not just the face, it's the body language, the physique, the voice, the facial expressions.

You will also likely need to sign a contract agreeing to treat the televised proceedings as an Arbitration or a Mediation that is binding, even though you are not entering a real Courtroom. So, you will need to use your real name and it is likely that they will not allow you to use a fake name on television.

And last, have a look at the video on Judge Joe Brown's website. Click on the link under "Judge Joe Brown - Promoter Of Manhood". I'd ask his producers what his stance is on TGs before making a decision as to whether you want to appear on his show dressed. Remember, they're into this for the ratings:

http://www.judgejoebrown.com

You can also read his own website bio here:
    http://www.judgejoebrown.com/bios.php

But this may be even more telling, from Wikipedia:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia on Judge Joe Brown
    The harshest of Brown's tirades have been delivered to males on the series. In these moments, Brown flings out his personal values and guidance at men, such as: grow up and be a man, you don't know nothing about manhood, quit acting like you haven't got any "home training", be a civilized human being and stop trying to be "cool", quit acting like a "thug", take responsibility, have a sense of class and decency, etc. Brown has been criticized for these behaviors as "lacking self-control."
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Brown_(judge)

Good luck!
    Reine

If one neighbor see's the show and mentions it to your folks before you do, that would probably offend them more. You have to tell them before. It's the right thing to do. I also would watch this if I knew when it was on! Good luck!

Yep! Time to tell the family, get all the grief over and then go for it.
    You will then be out and about and have no guilt about it.
    What an opportunity.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

PLEASE let us all know the date the show will air as I will record it, you are a true rep for all of us

Aspiring Member
    I think I would have to tell them before the show.

I'm sorry, but this doesn't add up.

If I understand your story correctly, you were kicked out for rejecting the landlady's sexual advances, not for being trans. And you are seeking to recover financial damages that have nothing to do with being trans either. Then how's this an opportunity to represent the community? How's this case even connected to you being trans? I'm sorry to say, but I feel you are getting carried away and confusing things a bit.

Answer truthfully: if this were a REAL court of law, would you even consider presenting a fake name and going en femme?

Right. Didn't think so.

Faith,

wow what a story...I have no advice other than if your seriously considering going enfemme you may want to brace your family.

Good luck and let me know the outcome.
    Megan Martin

" some guys play golf, I play girl"

Treat your parents the way you would want your child to treat you. Whether it's about cross dressing or where they should live or what to have for dinner. By default you should respect them first and the show should come second.
    I'm looking for fraternity in this sorority.

Quote Originally Posted by Jana View Post

If I understand your story correctly, you were kicked out for rejecting the landlady's sexual advances, not for being trans. And you are seeking to recover financial damages that have nothing to do with being trans either. Then how's this an opportunity to represent the community? How's this case even connected to you being trans? I'm sorry to say, but I feel you are getting carried away and confusing things a bit.

Answer truthfully: if this were a REAL court of law, would you even consider presenting a fake name and going en femme?

Right. Didn't think so.
    Exactly, this may just be you being used as fodder for ratings not righting a wrong.
    I'm looking for fraternity in this sorority.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice B View Post
    If you were planning on telling them in a few months then why not tell them now, get that over with and do the show without any fears. Sounds like a great opportunity and I'm sure many of us would love to see the show when it is aired.
    This is exactly what I've decided to do. Thanks to all of the encouragement I've received here and elsewhere I know I'll have to let them know before the show airs. I don't want them to get hurt by finding out the 'wrong way'. I'm glad that being on this show is giving me the motivation to get this talk over with!

Thanks Ladies!

Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ame Anderson View Post
    Exactly, this may just be you being used as fodder for ratings not righting a wrong.
    In TV land, it's always about the ratings. I have a friend who agreed to be on a reality show. The show was about preparing for a fancy event, the catering, decorations, etc. As a decorator, my friend is very good at what he does (hence why they invited him on), but to advance/concoct a story line the show portrayed him as a bumbling fool who barely got his sh*t together before the event. Of course they never told my friend about this. Through editing & staging certain scenarios they got what they wanted & he never knew until it aired. All that "free exposure" wasn't good for him or his company.

Don't be fooled into thinking the producers care about you or your cause. You are just a means to an end and they will exploit whatever they need to to get the ratings.

Right. Didn't think so.
    This is my thoughts too. Your cross dressing has nothing at all to do with this case. I think it would be a big mistake risking outing yourself to many including perhaps your employer. I see no reason for you to appear on female clothes.

Right. Didn't think so.
    To clear things up, I am going on the show as a woman because that is who I am now, not because of the details of the case. I do now live full-time as a woman and I was planning to appear in REAL court en femme. I'm only using a fake name, which the producers have agreed to do, to protect my identity from the haters out there.
    Straight, full-time crossdresser. I've always known this was something that I wanted/needed to do but suppressed it while I was married. Now that I'm going through a divorce it's time to go all out!

I concur with Kimberly Renee.Producers earn their profits in the realm of reality tv from scandalising people and through clever editing and staging increase their ratings and thus profits which it's all about with reality shows.

After you've signed the contract, i don't believe you would have any recourse regards how they portray you and usually the more outrageous the better the viewing figures nowadays.