Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Do you get dressed in front of your spouse?

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho

Do you get dressed in front of your spouse?

Does anyone else have my problem?

To my wife I have been out of the closet for the last twenty years but I still am uncomfortable getting dressed in front of her. Once dressed I have no problems with being around her. She doesn't have any problems with me being dressed so it isn't like I have to hide my crossdressing from her. I don't have any problems with changing out of my skirts and putting on my drab work outfits.

Quote Originally Posted by Meg East View Post
    Does anyone else have my problem?

To my wife I have been out of the closet for the last twenty years but I still am uncomfortable getting dressed in front of her. Once dressed I have no problems with being around her. She doesn't have any problems with me being dressed so it isn't like I have to hide my crossdressing from her. I don't have any problems with changing out of my skirts and putting on my drab work outfits.
    Meg. You could not of stated better. The act of dressing in front of my wife is just plane wierd to me. Being dressed is not a problem. And yes. Being and getting dressed on my man clothes is no issue.

I have no logical reason why this is. I'll put on fashion shows regularly. Meaning that I go through my closet and try stuff on randomly to see what goes and what doesn't after expanding my wardrobe.
    You laugh at me because I'm different. I laugh at you because your all the same

no problem here about dressing in front of wife The very first time 21 years ago she saw me transform from male to female every step of the way and just blew her mind. So i had to wait more than 20 years before she accepted my dressing and now she helps with my wardrode and she is always amazed at me changing to MaryBeth. She sometimes says you gonna wear that lol and then i know she wants me in something else

Oh yes but of course, after 49 years she is used to it as I am dress most everyday.

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    Quote Originally Posted by 2B Natasha View Post
    Meg. You could not of stated better. The act of dressing in front of my wife is just plane wierd to me. Being dressed is not a problem. And yes. Being and getting dressed on my man clothes is no issue.

I have no logical reason why this is. I'll put on fashion shows regularly. Meaning that I go through my closet and try stuff on randomly to see what goes and what doesn't after expanding my wardrobe.

With my stuff all over our bedroom looks like the women's changing area of Nordys after a weekend sale.

Same thing for me. My wife is totally accepting but it still makes me feel strange to dress in front of her. Once dressed I am okay but still feel weird sometimes. I do prefer to dress when I am alone, my wife doesn't care either way.

I have dressed in front of my wife but only as an incedental happening to me getting dressed anyway. She may walk into the bedroom or dressing table to do something and I just continue on --make-up, undergarments, whatever. Felt funny at first but not now.
    joank
    Southern California

Banned Read only
    I have to admit I fall into this description. When I am fully dressed, I still feel a bit odd (let's face it, cross dressing is a bit odd) but I am comfortable in front of her. I do not want my wife to see me "in between" states. I don't want her to see my male body and head with makeup most of all. Second to that I don't like her seeing me in a dress (particularly with forms) and no makeup/wig. I can handle the second case a little better when it is "just clothes" I am showing her. There was only one time that we put on our makeup together, but I had my wig on and I was dressed and really just finishing my eyes and lips. I wouldn't like her to see me go through the whole process but would allow if she asked.

I think the fundamental issue for me is that I do not want her to see her "husband" any other way than as a guy. When I am fully transformed, I feel that I have less confusion going on in front of her.

My wife has seen me dressed three times in our 40 plus years of marriage. The first time she asked me to do it. The second time I got dressed and walked into our living room. I thought she had gone to work but she was napping on the floor. I quickly left and got changed. The third time she walked in on me. Thought she had to work later. I had gone all the way that evening with my transformation and really looked great (compared to what I normally would). She wanted to talk and we did so with me dressed all the way. It was really good to talk to her. She didn't think so and a few months later she filed for divorce. We later reconciled and got back together. She insisted that I go for counseling to get the 'cure'.

Never did in front of my wife. I have in front of my GF. She's known about me from the get go though. She is not only okay with it but frankly amazed about how quickly and easily I can do it. She says she wishes she could get ready that fast.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

yes! of course... she helps me with my corset, makeup, zippers, whatever

It has never been a problem for me. I usd to get dressed in front of Jean all of the time.
    Usually, we don't see each other dress now. She gets dressed in her dressing room and I get dressed in my dressing room.

Just have gotten comfortable with being around wife dressed. Dressing in front of her probably not going to happen unless requested. She has no problem with it, it's me that has the problem. Beside, making an entrance is sort of fun.

in the old days with my GF, I had no problem getting ready in front of her (nor she me, but sometimes the getting ready got sidetracked).

Now I do not like letting people I care about seeing me without makeup or wig. It is just I want them to see "me" and not the other person I was. Others, I don't care if they watch or not. It just doesn't matter if I have no emotional attachment
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Shopping at the mall, in the Pacific NW USA
    Quote Originally Posted by Meg East View Post
    With my stuff all over our bedroom looks like the women's changing area of Nordys after a weekend sale.
    Wow, I thought that I was the only one. My wife doesn't have a problem with me dressing at all.
    Dana Ryan

Not a problem, but she doesn't really care either way. I make up in front of the bathroon mirror, door open. She goes about her normal activities, may peek in, may not. She likes to see me when I'm fully transformed, and I like that - she's usually complimentary, and I like that.

I feel the same way you described Meg most of the time. But when we are dressing together, at the same time it doesn't bother me at all. I suppose I can't get comfortable feeling like I'm being supervised or watched.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Fran
    It's worth something just being around to Fuss!

No problem here wih getting dressed in front of my girl.,its usually a fight over who gets to use the bathroom first to do our makeup that gets more attention lol.
    Renee

Yes getting dress or putting my make up on, just can't do it, fine after I have dress.

Me too, no problem once I've got everything on.
    the only limit that u set, is the one u set yourself.

I dress and wear both male and female clothes in front of my wife.
    She also washes and irons all my clothes as well. Me I share by doing other chores.
    There is no use in being coy about anything, just do it and don't ask or mention what you are doing if it is unnecessary.
    Respect your wife's sensitivity if she is not happy with it.
    You can destroy 5 years of progress in 5 minutes that way.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I've noticed that many GG's are also shy about getting dressed, even in front of thier husbands or boyfriends. Maybe we're uncomfortable in "halfway" mode?

Nope. My GF and I talked and she said that she did not want to see me dressed. I told her that I would dress and she is ok as long as she doesn't see Kat. I was going through an anxiety attacks and it was difficult that I couldn't tell her. Ok with doing in secret. She knows that if she finds a dress or panty that isn't hers, to know that I am not cheating .
    I think I feel more like Natalie than I do Kat. I think from this point I will go by Natalie.

Part of a recently ended relationship where a reason why it ended was my crossdressing.

Wife doesn't want to know about Rachel, so I don't dress or change in front of her. I wish it were otherwise.
    Rachel Denise

[SIZE="2"]“One day Alice came to a fork in the road and saw a Cheshire cat in a tree. ‘Which road do I take?’ she asked. His response was a question: “Where do you want to go?’ ‘I don’t know,’ answered Alice. ‘Then,’ said the cat, ‘it doesn’t matter.' "
    - Lewis Carroll
    [/SIZE]

My SO has no problem with me being dressed in front of her, after all she was there when I have bought most of my wardrobe, but I try to keep it limited. I do not want to push this on her but she has had nothing but compliments Still, I do not get dressed or undressed in front of her. Like yourself, it just feels too awkward. Maybe in time that may change but it is what it is for now.
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!