Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Boy clothes are so so boring.

Alluding to the OP's thread, I'm in the same camp.

I am bored of guys' clothes, and jealous of how females present themselves. I'm glad I decided to do something about it. .....so far so good.

How about the fact that I just outright don't LIKE wearing suit and tie or anything similar. I have never liked suits. I don't own one now. Nor do I own any slacks or other casual dress clothes, except for a few polo shirts. Like I said before, when you take out suits and polo's, whats left? All menswear have very few real variations. Colors tend to be dark or neutral. Styles haven't really changed much in over 20 years. Unless you count shorts, and all they've done is get longer on men and shorter on the ladies. Menswear has stayed pretty stagnant for decades. That is, unless you have the money to buy the styles that have variety, like the things at Undergear. I can't afford to buy things like that. And what's available for someone on a tight budget has NO variety in style, cut or color. Again, menswear is pretty damn boring these days.

Melissa -

Absolutely true! Check out these designers, to name just a few - Tallia and Tahari (they make great women's clothes, too); there are many others. Fabrics, colors and cuts are excellent, even feminine. Floral patterns are popular and the breast pocket has disappeared! OK, most men don't go there unless they are gay, and they are so boring in their attire ...and if you're not in a metro area you can't buy this stuff. Still, it's much better than even five years ago.

Kay

Quote Originally Posted by SAMANN View Post
    I'm a nurse and work in large well known hospital every year about this time the graduating Doctors come through for group interview for internship. Today about 10 men ( I don't think I saw a woman the group) toured our department. I had to do a double take for a second as they were all wearing Dk Blue or maybe it was black suits. Shirts were either gray or white. The only color on them was there ties and that want even much. For a second I thought the Navy was in town. I looked at them and in my head was thinking ugh how boring can you get. Then I thought I hate men's clothes no color no style we petty much all look like clones in suits and that's in our dress to impress clothes. I was thinking how about a nice stylish lace dress and heels would suit me better or if I had to a pencil skirt with a nice blouse a little something to make me pop just some color please. What would you wear to impress a future boss if you could wear anything you wanted?
    Nah. I hear this all the time from CD'ers, and it's just not true. It's one of those wishful thinking excuses that people like to put forth about why they cross dress. Maybe most guys don't bother to dress nicely, or wear cute clothes, but that's not the clothes' fault. When I go shopping in the right stores, I always see things in the guys department that I think look great. Most guys just don't know how or don't care about looking great. I assure you, whatever mode I'm in, I make sure I'm dressed well. And people (especially women) notice, because I get compliments. Don't mistake your loathing of men's clothing for any shortcoming in the threads.
    "She ain't waiting 'til she gets older, her feet are makin' tracks in the winter snow.
    She got a rainbow that touches her shoulder, she be headed where the thunder rolls."

-Van Halen, "Secrets"

Quote Originally Posted by KaliBrooke View Post
    Nah. I hear this all the time from CD'ers, and it's just not true. It's one of those wishful thinking excuses that people like to put forth about why they cross dress. Maybe most guys don't bother to dress nicely, or wear cute clothes, but that's not the clothes' fault. When I go shopping in the right stores, I always see things in the guys department that I think look great. Most guys just don't know how or don't care about looking great. I assure you, whatever mode I'm in, I make sure I'm dressed well. And people (especially women) notice, because I get compliments. Don't mistake your loathing of men's clothing for any shortcoming in the threads.
    Define the right stores. A lot of the time it'll be a store that I can't even afford to walk into. Much less actually BUY anything.

speaking as one of those people who do NOT look good in a suit.. It makes me look and feel very awkward & uncomfortable, just like wearing an oversized, grey/black/brown box, especially with a shirt and tie... (choke)

i'd rather wear generic sweatpants & a T-shirt, or women's jeans & a T-shirt than *any* kind of casual+ "menswear".

Quote Originally Posted by lynnef View Post
    speaking as one of those people who do NOT look good in a suit.. It makes me look and feel very awkward & uncomfortable, just like wearing an oversized, grey/black/brown box, especially with a shirt and tie... (choke)

i'd rather wear generic sweatpants & a T-shirt, or women's jeans & a T-shirt than *any* kind of casual+ "menswear".

My wife says I look great in a suit. Meanwhile I feel horrible. All dressed up like that isn't me. Like you, I feel awkward and just out of place. Plus I absolutely HATE ties! Why anyone willingly puts a noose around their neck for "fashion" I don't know. I agree with you, sweats and a tee, or ladies jeans and a tee is way more comfortable. BTW, I like your avatar.

I agree, most men's clothes are boring because they're all so similar. Men's suit look too similar, that's why I only have one good one for interviews, yet I have over 120 skirt suits! If feel better wearing a skirt suit, plus they have a ton of variety.

I have a set of Polo and T Shirts and they're all old but they still good enough for modern day use.

I have to admit, throughout my whole life, whenever i had to go shopping for guys clothing, i was the biggest stick in the mud... i hated the feeling of being in a clothes store, i didnt like how anything looked, and everything just seemed like a waste of money.

Ever since I've recognized my girly self, im still not all that into mens fashion, but i cant keep my eyes away from the womens section! hehe i guess im just more of a girl.

I don't even think "guy clothes" when I here shopping...really whats the point! woman clothes are so cute....Hi I'm mandi , new here

Silver Member
    The power color for women is RED.

They sure are, I'm metro and it helps make things more exciting. I often wear waxed or coated denim or leather jackets/grphaic tees/button shirts/vests because it simply adds more flavor to my wardrobe. I would rather just dress as a girl if I could all the time though.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

Somebody said it right. male fashion is kinda stagnate. Girls attire whether it be on top or underneath is a lot more exciting

Male fashion is very drab and boring. Male formal attire is designed to make all males look the same and is essentially the "male uniform". Consider this: When you get married you get the privilege of dressing exactly like the waiter who is serving you drinks and may even be mistaken for the waiter because of the male uniform.
    You will become stronger in the ways of the Pink Fog. May the Pink Fog guide you and be with you now and forever.

Quote Originally Posted by lingerieLiz View Post
    The power color for women is RED.
    yep, the color of Fire, passion, and in the far east, good luck

(plus red cars/motorcycles/etc go faster )

Some male clothes as some womens clothes can both be drab.
    I think my H looks amazing with a beard and a suit.
    Sends shivers down my spine.
    Oh and the shoes are the most important....polished and black
    But I find him cute in a dress, not amazingly sexy, but rather cute.
    So maybe we all have different visual aspects on different clothes.
    I am Loved because I am me, not just because I accept.

Male clothes are Gross EWWWWWWW!
    Ladies have a GREAT time!
    Smile GOD LOVES you!!!
    GOD BLESS US ALL!!!
    AMY Hepker

ROSES ARE RED
    VIOLETS ARE BLUE
    I'LL BE ME
    AND YOU BE YOU