Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Female LAST Name

Your Female LAST Name

I was just wondering how many of you use your real Last Name along with your Female Name? Also, do you have any ID with your Female Name that you carry in your purse? I know there are many places you must use your full legal ID, but was thinking it might be nice to have a Feminine ID to show sometimes. Just wondering.
    Barbara Jean

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    I prefer to use the last name of one of my second cousins (two brothers married two sisters, I came from one of the sisters, she came from the other.) However, the main place "in real life" that I need to use a last name is for my trans-related medical appointments, at places that need legal names for legal purposes; those places can generally look me up by legal last name and read the preferred first name off of what comes up, but they do not have the capacity to look me up using a different last name.

Utah, north of West Jordan, south of North Salt Lake & west of South Salt Lake
    I really haven't given serious thought of getting any ID with my Femme name on it. I only get out a couple of times a year and buy things with cash. If I have to use a card, it's usually at the hotel check in and I do that in guy mode.
    Sarah
    Being transgender isn't a lifestyle choice. How you deal with it is.

Platinum Member
    I use my real first and last name...but it's easy form me cause my first name is kim.

My last name is different from "his" last name. That's both good and bad. It feels right to me that it isn't "his" name. It is better because my spouse and I attend a lot of social groups and meetings together and since she is married to my "twin brother" the two different names put a little bit of plausable distance between us. On the other hand, it makes ID and banking more difficult.

A single last name probably would have also made an eventual tombstone easier too.

I do have several credit cards purely in my femme name. For verification I use an ID card that I created many years ago. Not really a forgery since it does not look all that much like a real state isssued ID, more like a company ID badge. Not the best solution, but without a legal name change it is difficult to do anything else. My driver's license has a femme picture of me, but "his" name and gender.

Sometimes things get scrutinized, sometimes they don't. Last week we were in a store where my spouse has a credit account and I carry a spare card in her name, not mine. I used the store card with her name and the SA asked to see my ID. So I showed her my ID with my femme name on it - different first and last name. She glanced at the photo and completed the transaction.

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

plain jane cross dresser Kimberly Renee's Avatar
    I chose a different last name after a hunt & peck and throwing of the dart. I want to see Kimberly Renee Cooper as different person, not just an extension of me (although she is). It's a bit of roleplay. When I go out I want to be Kimberly Renee, not me in a dress. So yeah, if I were to go out more often I would consider getting some kind of ID card.

I use my paternal grandmothers maiden name. When I got started doing this, it was strongly suggested I use a different name for security reasons so I did. No separate id though.
    I know enough to know I don't know enough.

Peace

I wish I could convey the confusion in my head the whole name thing causes. What/Who am I? What do I want others to see/think? What do I want to convey? And whatever the path, I have to remember I'm not on an island. I have a wife and kids. She's DADT. Kids (10,12,14) don't know.

I picked Kathleen Ann Trees for lots of reasons, too. Like the formality of Kathleen. "Trees" sounds nice and is my personal little CD "mascot", as trees change their appearance from dry, to flowery, to leafy, and full of color throughout the change of time. "Ann" allowed my monogram to be KAT.

I have no ID. But I've had no problems in stores because the very few times I've been out shopping, it's no surprise my appearance and ID don't match. I have to give kudos to the sales associates because, for the most part, they have been very kind.

Who knows what will happen in the future.

KAT.

When I'm online, I have concocted a last name for those places where one is needed to sign up. It isn't my own.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

I use my Grandmothers last name.....
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

I use my real last name, and have a VA photo ID card that is carried in my purse.

Quote Originally Posted by kimdl93 View Post
    I use my real first and last name...but it's easy form me cause my first name is kim.
    Have you ever considered this a form of cheating?

I already have a library card with my "real" first and last names. But unless I change my mind (and I don't think I will) I plan to change my name legally within a few weeks, and that will involve me in changing all sorts of things.

Given that I'm living full-time in my female identity now, it's a nuisance having a male name. I think it's time to get rid of it.

Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by Ariamythe View Post
    When I'm online, I have concocted a last name for those places where one is needed to sign up. It isn't my own.
    This is where I am. I made one up that had a nice ring to "Joanne". I dress part time, never plan on going full time, no transition or anything along those lines. I am a CD at my core and not much more so I don't need to legally change my ID or carry a separate one as of where things stand right now. Will they change in the future? who knows, A lot has changed in the last couple of years so I never say never
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    My femme last name is a bit of hosiery terminology to honor one of my favorite items of women's clothing. No need for ID -- I dress in private.

Gold Member
    I used my paternal grandmother's name. Seems to be a common approach. I also do some genealogy and I have books all about the Leightons.

I kinda want a fem ID. I was wondering about what some people do that CD when they go to the bar. If they even get carded.

I chose the title of a Poe story for my last name. I don't worry about id because I do go out androgynously, I am too big to pass as female. I haven't had any problems.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the Law.

Queen of the Faery Realms Bethany_Anne_Fae's Avatar
    I use my biolohgival fathers last name... "Lovely"
    (Formerly known everywhere as Lady Zarabeth

I picked a very common last name (can you guess it?). I carry my driver's license and get one of two reactions when I have to show it, nothing or WOW!

I use my real last name.I did it on my UU church name tag,and have gone with it since on everything.I carry State of Florida ID [girl pic/boy name] so my last name is out to anyone,anyway.I also use it on some internet posts as my thoughts are genuine,the name should be as well.I haven't seen any fallout from any of it.
    It SURE is my hair ! I have the receipt and the box it came in !

Thanks for all the replys, keep them coming.
    I am thinking about using a different last name for a couple of reasons. First, I don't want anyone to connect me with my female self.
    Second, for as long as I can remember, back to age 3, I have wanted to BE a girl. It is way too late for me to transition now, but being Barbara, is as close as I can get now to the real me and my true self. So, I want to actually be a different person. I have a GG Friend who knows about Barbara and really encourages me. I have been out with her as Barbara a few times and she has said I am much more fun and relaxed as Barbara. She said she really likes me a lot more as Barbara and I seam much happier, which I am. So I want to disconnect myself as much as possible from the male me and become what I really want to be, so I am using a different last name too. I am really thinking about getting an ID that I can use in bars and such if needed, if not needed, it will just help because when I look at it, I will see a different person too. This may seam strange, but I think it will help.
    April_Ligeia
    I chose the title of a Poe story for my last name. I don't worry about id because I do go out androgynously, I am too big to pass as female. I haven't had any problems.
    April, I am a "Plus Size" Girl too! I was afraid I would never pass, but my GG Friend said to look at women out in the real world, they come in all sizes, and you know what?? She is RIGHT!! I started seeing girls who are MUCH Larger than I am and I got the confidence to go out. So, don't be so hard on yourself. Give it a try!

Becky's website use to have a way to create a Tranny License. http://theinfomaniac.blogspot.com/20...038f578181a820

My legal last name is common in Europe, but uncommon in my community. I chose Murphy from the phone book because it sounded right.

Ive had alot of fun passing out some business cards i had made up with my picture and email address .. Its a good icebreaker conversation starter and it becomes your id.
    "Girls will be boys ,boys will be girls its a mixed up world its a shook up world" {Kinks}

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by S. Lisa Smith View Post
    I picked a very common last name (can you guess it?).
    Wolkowski ? Singh? Frankenstein?