Thread: Who will know if you pass?

Who will know if you pass?

Karren Hutton posted the passing of her friend Christinac.

A group (River City Gems) I have become active in had a LONG time member pass this week.

I started to think, who would know if Miki were to pass (I am 66, so it's in the future). Obviously my wife, who know's Miki would , but would she be in a position to notify the groups and friends I have made as Miki? I don't know, yet I would want those groups and friends to know.

I do not believe in any god, or an afterlife, so all I have to leave is my history and other's memories of me.

I wonder how practical it would be to set up a registry to periodically send out an email to one of the girls here. if it comes back with "I am here!" good; if it doesn't come back, or if it is returned as a closed account, maybe one of us do a follow-up.

Just a thought!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Most didn't know when I got here, and most will not know when I am gone. This is the life of a loner I guess.
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

Nice thought, but it looks like it would be a lot of work, lot of girls on this site.

Aspiring Member
    I'm still alive. Does anybody care? Didn't think so.
    When I'm gone, will anybody here miss me? Didn't think so.
    In my computer life I have casual friends, in my real life I have important friends. When I'm gone, or my important friends are gone we will miss each other.

Banned Read only
    Last year i remember searching to find out what happened to Viki Rene,she had a very big site and was very big in the TG community,she knew tons of people personally.I went to her site and found out it just vanished she had something like 800 or 900 pages.It took me about 20 minutes of searching to find out that she had died.Some one was actually nice enough to try to revive the site but it is kinda nothing now compared to what it was,just random pages saved,i don't even know if that is still there even.The web sites and the girls from circa 1994 will always be special to me,it was when i first got online,all gone now

O.K., O.K., I promise to type in my obituary when I pass over.
    My avitar might look like crap.... but you asked for it.

Gold Member
    It seems to be pretty cut and dry. If you interact with people in your area, then they will likely get the word out. If you are completely closeted, someone might wonder "What happened to...." after a while, but that would be it. I have noticed missing people before and when I look at their last login, I am surprised at how long it had been. But if you aren't in contact with anyone personally, then there is no way for anyone to know.

If you have made an impression on people the will mourn your passing for a while, but nothing is constant like change, we all look at tomorrow and a whole lot of new ideas.
    It sounds cruel but we all move on.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I just Love being a Gurl! bobbimo's Avatar
    I had a good TG friend that I had been emailing,
    We had just discovered Boyshorts when her emails stopped.
    I kept sending emails. Last Christmas I told her I was a bit worried about her since it had been more than a month.
    about a month later I got an email from her GF that she had passed away in Dec!
    That was all. So what happened to Brenda Stewart of Florida?
    Her Gf sent the email from Brenda's account and I have never heard from her again.
    Its Heart breaking for sure
    What tooo do ??
    Bobbi
    Aint nothin gonna happen that aint supposed too!

I don't think anyone will know or care, here or any where else. I'm gonna' leave a note to my wife to go to my forum sites and let everyone know when I do though.
    Joni

I extend myself a lot to others, including some on here. I would be interested in something like this.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Banned Read only
    Dear Miki, this just shows you have a big heart. It's such a nice idea that likely has no hope of coming to fruition. Unfortunately, as nvlady pointed out, our computer lives are often much different than our "real" lives. Our visits here may not reflect our goings on away from the keyboard. But it is nice to know that someone cares.

I began my comedy as its only actor, and I come to the end of it as its only spectator.--Antonio Porchia

Anyway, I'll be on this forum forever. Neither God nor the Devil will have me.

Annabelle

Aspiring Member
    What difference would it really make to you when you're surrounded by the 27 virgins and they're helping you with a full body makeover?

Personally, I have real friends on this forum. If I were to pass away, Jean would definately contact our friends and let them know. I'm sure that they would inform the rest of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Annabelle Larousse View Post

Anyway, I'll be on this forum forever. Neither God nor the Devil will have me.

Annabelle

Is that a threat or a promise Annabelle?

I am an atheist so as I see it, when I am dead I no longer exist. So everything that happens after I die is irrelevant.

This is getting a bit to deep for Suzy so I will stop here.

Quote Originally Posted by suzy1 View Post
    Is that a threat or a promise Annabelle?
    Just a statement of fact. I never make threats or promises: I can never carry out the one, and I'm rarely interested in keeping the other.

Annabelle

I can only hope that my wife will let all my friends from all corners of my life know.
    my sister's reply when I told her how I prefer to dress

"Everyone has there thing, all that matters is that you are happy, love what you do and who you do it with"

Banned Read only
    Crossdressers-Forum.com has a forum titled "in loving memory".I am not a member there so don't know much about it,but i am assuming it is for members that passed on

I am unaware of such a sub-forum.
    There is a sub-forum in the Lounge section that is for several types of occasions.
    One being for the announcement of deaths.

Quote Originally Posted by DAVIDA View Post
    I am unaware of such a sub-forum.
    There is a sub-forum in the Lounge section that is for several types of occasions.
    One being for the announcement of deaths.
    Annette is talking about a different forum altogether (notice the name of the site she posted...)
    I wonder if the mods would be up for creating a sub forum here like the one she mentioned...
    When the answers escape us when we start to fade
    Remember who loved you and the ones who have stayed
    Cause my body will fail, but my soul will go on
    So don't you get lonely I'm right where you are