Thread: Maybe I just like being fancy

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar

Maybe I just like being fancy

On Friday, I took my 8-year-old to the annual daddy-daughter dance. She and all the other lucky ladies got to get dolled up in their best party dresses. But I was no slouch in dad mode: charcoal gray Jones New York 3-button suit, French cuff shirt, red tie and matching pocket square, Cole Haan lace-up cap-toe oxfords.

When we got home, I was really in no hurry to take off my suit and tie -- it felt good to hang out for a while looking classic and polished.

I guess much like when I'm en femme -- strictly in dresses and heels -- I also enjoy taking it up a notch or two in guy mode. Of course, it was also great that this was a suit I couldn't even button a year ago, and now there's room to spare. Style is style, whatever side of the gender line

The thing is Julie, I bet you really enjoyed your 8 year old and the daddy daughter dance.
    You can enjoy being en femme, but there are times when you beam with pride about your family.
    Enjoy both worlds.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Gold Member
    My daughter is almost 35 years old now; However, I do enjoy getting all dressed up in a Tux once in a while.
    I own one, but seldom use it. Now please do not misunderstand me, I much rather be in a dress than a Tux;
    But once every few years, it is nice to get extra DRAB if you get what I mean.
    Rader

Those father daughter dances are so much fun! I to love to dress up...... wear a business suit to work every day... unless I'm going to the mine... plus I have an amazing collection of ties that get compliments from strangers.... nothing wrong with being the best dressed person in the room no mater what gender I'm presenting...
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Banned Read only
    I've always felt comfortable dressing up as a male and looking good. I guess the inner woman in me is saying, "Honey, don't look like a bum all the time."

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Denier View Post
    But I was no slouch in dad mode: charcoal gray Jones New York 3-button suit, French cuff shirt, red tie and matching pocket square, Cole Haan lace-up cap-toe oxfords.
    I wonder if this is the first time someone has posted a complete "male" outfit here?
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Just a touch of class Lynn Marie's Avatar
    People who actually know the brand names of the clothes they're wearing, both in drab and drag, just crack me up. It's sort of like describing your hot car with all the speed equipment you have on it. You know, cam, heads, manifold, carbs, headers, pistons, and on and on. Guy bragging.

Personally I've got a swinging Singer with chopped bobbins and dual spools!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynn Marie View Post
    People who actually know the brand names of the clothes they're wearing, both in drab and drag, just crack me up. It's sort of like describing your hot car with all the speed equipment you have on it. You know, cam, heads, manifold, carbs, headers, pistons, and on and on. Guy bragging.

Personally I've got a swinging Singer with chopped bobbins and dual spools!
    Same goes for cigars

Platinum Member
    There's something special and sweet about getting all dressed up for Daddy/Daughter dance with your daughter. Well done!

I know exactly how you feel. I, like Karren, used to go to work everyday in a suit with some great ties. I liked my look then and I like it now when I have to dress up for something special. The only problem is that my suits are going out of style a lot faster than I expected, and I do not want to buy anymore suits that I hardly wear anymore. I would rather spend that money on nice women's clothes!

I wonder if we have stumbled on a tendency of male crossdressers. I also have nice custom made suits and shirts with french cuffs, nice ties, wear pocket squares sometimes, usually wear Allen Edmonds shoes--basically I dress well. Now I question if it was a way to express what I really wanted to wear!

Lady in Being (7/20/17) AmyGaleRT's Avatar
    That's a sweet image, Julie. I bet your daughter really enjoyed it.

No matter "who" you've got to be at any given time, be that person in style.

- Amy
    Amy Gale Ruth Bowersox (nee Tapie) - "Be who you are, and be it in style!"
    Member, Board of Trustees, Gender Identity Center of Colorado
    aka Amelia Storm - Ms. Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2018-2019, Miss Majestic Hearts of All Colorado 2015-2016