Thread: late bloomer

late bloomer

I am 44 and I didn't start crossdressing until I was twenty five. It all started when I asked my wife to wear thigh high stockings more often, to which she replied you wear them if you want to see them. Maybe i forgot to mention that this has been a lontime fetish of mine,but I digress. Well from the first time I tried them on the rest is history. My question is has anybody else ever started this late,and why did you start?

Welcome to the forum RedToes! You'll find late starters, early starters (like me), and everything in between here. I know several members that didn't start until their 50's. I see you waited a while before posting, just jump in and have fun!

Hugs,
    Stephanie Marie
    "Fear is the mind killer." Frank Herbert, Dune

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." Ferris Bueler

"I make a GREAT team!"

RedToes--did you start and end at 25, and are now restarting? In my case I started young, made a couple of 1-day explorations over the next 35 years, and now at 45 I am finally out to my wife and able to do some limited dressing openly.

Gold Member
    I think you might be more of a tweener. Many seem to have started as a child. But there are plenty of us that started beyond 40. Some start much later and also transition. So you can consider all starting points well within the norm, as in there is no norm. Welcome to the board!

I can see you are slow and thoughtful in replying.
    Welcome to the fray....I mean forum.
    I started when about five or six.
    A lot have started late in life like you.
    I started because I had to be the little girl whilst playing mothers and fathers.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

well better late than never. there is no age to crossdress. you crossdress when you love it

Platinum Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 10redtoes View Post
    I am 44 and I didn't start crossdressing until I was twenty five. It all started when I asked my wife to wear thigh high stockings more often, to which she replied you wear them if you want to see them. Maybe i forgot to mention that this has been a lontime fetish of mine,but I digress. Well from the first time I tried them on the rest is history. My question is has anybody else ever started this late,and why did you start?
    Welcome to our forum when you are here you are home!!

Hi Red, I used to ask my wife to wear skirts and she said if you love them so much why don't you wear them,
    OH that was the wrong thing for her to say to me--------------And that's how the fight started!!!
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

I was only pantyhose and the occasional skirt (and LOTS of guilt) till adulthood. Then shoes, a "full" wardrobe, a wig and finally make-up and accessories. Now, if I cannot get fully dressed, I usually do not do anything.

Mine reawakened late... ish.... started when I was 7 and fully dressed in my teens but got away from it in my 30s and 40.... then boom..... it all came back with a vengeance........
    Current Obsession - Breasts and Lingerie!

.......My Photos

Quote Originally Posted by Karren Hutton View Post
    Mine reawakened late... ish.... started when I was 7 and fully dressed in my teens but got away from it in my 30s and 40.... then boom..... it all came back with a vengeance........
    Hi Redtoes,

My situation was similar to Karen's.

I began at age seven ( possibly before, but my memories are sketchy), had occasional desires for lingerie, mostly panties, but a feminie expression was always there.
    I grew up in the 50's and 60's in a society when there was little or no tolearnce for diversity of gender, so even though my family seemd to think it was ok for me to go to a halloween party dressed in my sister's ballet costume, the teachers and kids and schools made it clear that this was not acceptable.

I repressed the desires for expression as a response to society and thought that I had simply developed a fetish.... until just recently.

I am in my late 50's, and once I separated from my wife last year and had privacy and time to think and examine my life, the blinders came off and I felt compelled to express my femininity. I could no longer repress it as I had done throughout my marriage and my entire life. I had new knowlegde and my femininity became fully alive and concious, as if I had met a dear old friend. The internet and especially this forum, helped me sort things out.

This deeper understanding of what was going on internally just emeged last year. I finally realized what was going on. Now I relate to feeling TG.

It's a diferent path for everyone. My age may have something to do with it but I still think I had my blinders on and I am definetly a "late bloomer".

Monica

East of Seattle somewhere between the pass and Idaho
    I started early, maybe eight or nine, then suppressed it during college and the first twenty years of our marriage. I have slowly come out to my wife. Now our bedroom and closets are a wreak with our dresses, skirts and tops.