Thread: Back to size 16 :)

Back to size 16 :)

I've lost 55 pounds over the past 6 months or so, and for the first time I fit into a size 16 ... the same size I was when I was in college 15 years ago. Too bad all those clothes are long gone ... I had some cute stuff back then.

Congradulations, I wish I could get into a 16.
    The minute you think of giving up think of the reason you held on for so long

Congrats that's alot of weight to lose and enjoy the process of finding new cute clothes and getting to go shopping and try on some cute new clothes.I'm also trying to lose some lbs right now.Hope i can keep up the willpower too!

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Good going we are all proud of you. Enjoy your new size.

Wow! That's cutting out and/or exercising off like 8,000 extra calories per week for six months! Holy moly, congratulations!
    ​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

No One Can Make You Feel Inferior Without Your Consent
    Eleanor Roosevelt

​​​ღϠ₡ღ✻ Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡Ϡ₡✻ ღϠ₡ღ✻

Quote Originally Posted by Lovingkindness View Post
    Wow! That's cutting out and/or exercising off like 8,000 extra calories per week for six months! Holy moly, congratulations!

Thanks. It hasn't been too bad. It sounds like a lot, but when you start at 6'4", 300 the 'base calories' to maintain weight is around 3800/day, so cutting out the 4 bottles of soda and walking for 30 minutes goes a long way.

Good for you Alyssa, that is a tremendous accomplishment, keep it up!

Neanderthal in nylons Julie Denier's Avatar
    Congrats! I know how hard it can be - I've dropped about 70 pounds in the past year (size 22 down from a 28). Feels great, doesn't it?

thats awesome keep it up!

Way to go girl. I know how good it feels to drop a dress size or two..... Gives me another reason to go shopping ... LOL.

Thanks for sharing....

Renne......

congrats on the weight loss Alyssa!

Well done - enjoy

The day I fit in a size 16 is the day they make those magic pills that let you morph your whole body smaller.
    Ali Edwards

Transgender Science ~ Blogging with WrodPress ~ Tweeting on Twitter

"I am half-sick of shadows," said / The Lady of Shalott.

I am sorry girls, I would have to come from the other direction to fit into size 16.
    12 to 14 for me.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by AlyssaS View Post
    Too bad all those clothes are long gone ... I had some cute stuff back then.
    No you don't, I still have some of mine from back then I even tried to wear a couple outfits....it wasn't pretty and I hope some theater group somewhere likes what I donated

Congrats on losing the weight
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Platinum Member
    Hi Alyssa, Congratulations it's great to get down to where the good looking fashions are.
    Having my ears triple pierced is AWESOME, ~~......

I can explain it to you, But I can't comprehend it for you !

If at first you don't succeed, Then Skydiving isn't for you.

Be careful what you wish for, Once you ring a bell , you just can't Un-Ring it !! !!

Banned Read only
    congrats on the weight loss! 55 lbs is great progress! You'll be a size 10 in no time. Look for a great phone app called "My Fitness Pal". It's free and helps you track your progress, calories, etc....Another great app is designed for going out to dinner. Which is where most of bad food resides. The restaurant app is called "Restaurant Nutrition" (has a fork, knife and spoon in the logo).

I gained 10 lbs after I had my little "event" back in Nov because my body was used to taking in so many calories that I was burning from cycling. As I was sitting around not allowed to do anything, my body kept craving the additional calories. 10 lbs in 6 weeks was bad for me at my height 5' 6".

Keep driving that weight down for better health. Exercise is critical not just diet alone will do it all. Stay away from the fad diets too. Healthy eating combined with regular steady exercise is the key. My new personal goal is to be at 155 by March. Keep pushing yourself