Thread: Which HRT option works for you?

Which HRT option works for you?

Hi, last year i began taking spironolactone & estradiol and after 6 months i decided to get braces which required a little oral surgery. So I stopped the pills in january. I've had my braces now for a bit over a month and the plan is to keep them atleast 3 years. Ok, so now on thursday I'm going back to see another therapist, one that my last one referred me to. Even though the spiro & estradiol were great, I need to find something out there that's not so much of a cancer risk. Tempie told me about a safer method but I guess I'll just have to ask Lou when I see her next as I've since forgetten what it was.

Question

Hi Amy,

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCarter
    Hi, last year i began taking spironolactone & estradiol and after 6 months i decided to get braces which required a little oral surgery. So I stopped the pills in january. I've had my braces now for a bit over a month and the plan is to keep them atleast 3 years. Ok, so now on thursday I'm going back to see another therapist, one that my last one referred me to. Even though the spiro & estradiol were great, I need to find something out there that's not so much of a cancer risk. Tempie told me about a safer method but I guess I'll just have to ask Lou when I see her next as I've since forgetten what it was.
    Uhm, why did you stop the pills? Was it because of the oral surgery? What am I missing here? Sorry, a bit out of touch lately. And I also want to know what the safer method is!

Love,
    Vicky
    just strolling along the boardwalk of life!
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
    http://www.vickysplace.co.za/

Yeah, they always recommend to not be on HRT when going through oral surgery. About the safe options; the only thing I remember exactly is the someone named Jennifer Burch can tell me all about it. I have her phonenumber somewhere around but I'll wait til thursday first.

hillbilly T-girl-hussy

Red face

Hiya Amy,Is that Durham as in N.Ca. if so were close.Back to hrt I do 2 mg. of estradiol valerate a day,2.5 progestin and 20 mg. of domperidone to maintain lactation.And still have an active sex life,but when I took spironolatone it left me numb and that dont fly with my wife.

Quote Originally Posted by Sierra
    Hiya Amy,Is that Durham as in N.Ca. if so were close.Back to hrt I do 2 mg. of estradiol valerate a day,2.5 progestin and 20 mg. of domperidone to maintain lactation.And still have an active sex life,but when I took spironolatone it left me numb and that dont fly with my wife.
    I've read up quite a bit on hormone treatments, but I guess I still have a lot to learn. You seem to be saying that your breasts lactate, but you still have an active (male) sex life. Am I right? I was just wondering how all that works. Is it a stable situation or just a phase on the way towards chemical castration?

I would love to have small but functional breasts that can lactate under the right circumstances, but I do not wish to go on the longer MTF journey.

Any advice and experience would be welcome.
    Last edited by crispy; 09-24-2004 at 09:44 PM.
    [SIZE=3]crispy[/SIZE]

hillbilly T-girl-hussy

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by crispy
    I've read up quite a bit on hormone treatments, but I guess I still ahve a lot to learn. You seem to be saying that your breasts lactate, but you still have an active (male) sex life. Am I right? I was just wondering how all that works. Is it a stable situation or just a phase on the way towards chemical castration?

I would love to have small but functional breasts that can lactate under the right circumstances, but I do not wish to go on the longer MTF journey.

Any advice and experience would be welcome.
    Hello Crispy, Nice eye [really] I bet your pretty.So any way I been doing hormones 5 years now and lactaing continuosly for 1 year and never want to stop.You have to follow a regime that is discribed at a site called "Ask Lenore" about women who want to nurse their adopted babies by inducing lactation.I dont make more than a few squirts and dribbles a few times a day,if I took more pills 6-8 a day I make more milk but thats too much for long term and when I increase estrogen,progesterone or take spirorlatone things get too soft to keep my wife happy so I found a low dose level that works for me it is important to me to keep my virility.And by the way I use vacum domes and breast pumps daily to help my breast be and look good.I dont plan on SRS ever lets just say I'm not a follower of men.

I've used herbal stuff!

I thought many times about going to a doctor for the real thing. May be the courage isn't there or it might be that I have had luck with using herbs. I noticed a new growth spurt and I was thinking it was done. I think I've talked about this before but don't remember.

Today I was wearing a Tshirt dress. Actually my kids bought it for me years ago and says #1 Dad. Anyway I was admiring my new found femme form taking place ever so slowely. Don't know if it works for everyone but I'm excited about the progress. Currently close to a C cup from nothing in 8month and starting to see a more femme figure too!!

Some day if I get frustrated I might see a doctor and go for the real thing but for now it's GREAT

Danielle

misscharlet

courous

hi i want to know what herbs your taking

Danielle, I also want to know what you are using!

Up until recently I was using Black Cohosh and Wild Yam and a few other things. Tight budget has meant I cease it for a bit . But I also read somewhere that one has to be careful of those two too.

Love,
    Vicky
    John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

What I'm taking

Well I should say at the beginning that what seems to work for some don't work for all and that you health should be your first and primary consideration. Doctors are highly recomended and should be consulted. All the things taken orally (food, drink, medicine) all impact liver function. Not being a doctor I'll leave at that and say that I haven't had any negative side affects.
    I started by using the Breast Solution that I got at a local Eckerd Drug Store. All herbal and seem to work well. I selected it because it was the cheapest and I didn't expect any results. After each bottle (30day supply) I stopped for a week. This sort of simulates a gg cycle. I've noticed the biggest gains in these weeks. The bottle says not for men but we are looking for the bigger bust so I used it anyway. The bottle said to stop after 3 months and I did. This product had most of the popular herbs for women except black kohosh. When done with the 3 bottles I took black kohosh and saw palmetto to continue in the potential femme direction. Saw Palmetto recomend for men's prostate health has a side effect of enlarging breast so this one for me was a win win story.
    Last week I was at a Vitamine World and saw a product for womens health. It is the exact same formulation as the Breast Solution product($29.95) above but only $9.95 per bottle with the 2nd at half price.

Progress... Well depending on whose bra calculator is used I range from a large b size to a d size. I go with the large b as my estimate and am working on a large C. Interesting hiding the new asset while in drab,I get alot of compliments on my working out from the gg.

Good luck
    Danielle

Sounds good Danielle. Thanks for the info! I also took Saw Palmetto for a while too, but am struggling to get it in a more "pure" form like I would like. Oh well.

Love,
    Vicky

Departed
    I am reading a lot of experimentation w/o a doctor's help. Just realize hormones are very powerful and many herbs can hurt the bady if taken improperly.

I won't pretend I didn't experiment myself. I had three separate incidents where I took herbs once and prescription hormones twice. Then I read the dangers in doing this and stopped.

I am now taking the properly prescribed route and I would recommend it to anyone who feels they want to feminize their body. It's called the HBIGDA Standards of Care and has been extremely successful in helping those who need it.

It's your life and you can do what you want with it. I just felt the need to convey my own experiences in hopes of saving someone from harming themselves.

chocolateboygirl
    Ah perfect, this is exactly the info I was looking for also! I'm also thinking of experimenting with herbal hormones. This is something I want to do discreetly and slowly, and I haven't worked up the courage yet to go see a doctor! I'm sure alot of you sisters are in the same boat.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy herbals online?

toodles yall!

cbg

Janice Ann
    Quote Originally Posted by chocolateboygirl
    Ah perfect, this is exactly the info I was looking for also! I'm also thinking of experimenting with herbal hormones. This is something I want to do discreetly and slowly, and I haven't worked up the courage yet to go see a doctor! I'm sure alot of you sisters are in the same boat.

Does anyone know of a good place to buy herbals online?

toodles yall!

cbg
    Hi girl
    I used this place myevanesce.com they have oddles of info & you can talk or chat with them. Good Luck Janice Ann

KathrynA

Hormones... uhm cancer?

Amy. There is absolutely no reason for you to stop the tablets at this point in time! However if you have fears over what you are taking, then a combination of spiro 100-200mg (avg) per day divided and Transdermal Patches would likely be a good combination.
    It isn't a risk of cancer you should be worried about with hormones, it is risk of DVT (often behind the knees) and high prolactin levels you should be more worried about.

You can also use gels, but I'm not convinced they are a decent long term alternative. Again though, there is nothing wrong with the tablets. Cancer risk from hormones isn't really something which will realistically happen.
    So if what you were taking previously worked for you and bloodtests show your t levels prolactin estrogen levels are fine then stick with them.

Quote Originally Posted by AmyCarter

LeslieGirl
    HI

I"ve always been using Premarin 3.75mg and 2 weeks ago
    the Endo started me on Provera 10mg. I tried Estradiol a while back and got nothing from it. no breasts or feminization. But I got what I needed from my current HRT.

Hugs
    TGirl

Hi girls,

I have been on Premarin 1.25 MG - 2 tablets a day for about a year now, and Spironolactone 100 MG 1 tablet a day for about 6 months so far. Starting to get good results that I wasn't getting with just herbals. I have also tried the estradiol patch (Estroderm) as well but am not using it currently. I've experienced definite gains in breast development, softening of skin and beard, slightly noticeable curving in the hips. So far so good...no adverse effects at all. Most importantly I might add, I have been under a doctor's care and supervision since starting HRT.

Love,

Christine