Thread: Embracing Feminine Style Completely

Amazing Member

Embracing Feminine Style Completely

So, say you could have your own women's room, a special room with a traditional drssing table to sit at, while doing your make-up, lots of clothes closet space, and a general ambience that gets you thinking girlie thouhts, what touches would be important to strike a distinctly feminine note?
    Last edited by Beth-Lock; 02-14-2013 at 07:09 AM.

While I have the clothes, the makeup and the wigs in there, along with dressers and a huge mirror, I also have action figures both male and female super heros and heroines. They are going nowhere to be replaced by cutesy stuff. I'm an action/adventure woman and that's the way it will stay.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

If I were to be living alone, I would decorate in an androgynous manner leaning a bit to the fem side. I have actually never met a GG who was overboard in fem decorating. (Don't know if that says more about me or my acquaintances!)

I am also a minimalist and wouldn't have a bunch of stuff to show off. Some nice B&W images on the wall, a mess on the sofa table and that's about it. I would like a lot of color on the walls and in the bedroom - I hate Navajo White.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I do the decorating in my home already (so not much of a decorator) But there is not much I would change. I would of course have my walk in closet with shoe racks and all, and a dressing table for putting on makup. I like bold classy colors and already have them. I also have the family room done in a more rustic look, natural wood panels around fireplace, saddles for bar stools, and western, fishing and mexican stuff on the walls. That would all stay, I think the fem side would stand out more in the rustic setting......tight form fitting jeans (love the western high waisted ones) or even a coctail dress. I prefer just touches here to soften the edges, prefer paisley over flowers in my decor.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

My wardrobe and makeup space already have ring stands, necklace boxes and other cosmetic items.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Quote Originally Posted by mikiarata View Post
    If I were to be living alone, I would decorate in an androgynous manner leaning a bit to the fem side. I have actually never met a GG who was overboard in fem decorating.
    ^this. The only thing I've noticed was that lots of women have 'things' all over; little crystal items, shelves filled with doo-dads, pictures stuck on their mirrors, oh yeah, I think that they're called 'curios' or something. Tons of little decorative crap on every surface. But none of them were overloaded with pink or lace stuff. Most women I've known don't like pink.
    Some causes of crossdressing you've probably never even considered: My TG biography at:http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/...=1#post1490560
    There's an addendum at post # 82 on that thread, too. It's about a ten minute read.
    Why don't we understand our desire to dress, behave and feel like a girl? Because from childhood, boys are told that the worst possible thing we can be, is a sissy. This feeling is so ingrained into our psyche, that we will suppress any thoughts that connect us to being or wanting to be feminine, even to the point of creating separate personalities to assign those female feelings into.

I would decorate the room with Chinese (and other Asian) furniture, art, curios (thanks Lexi) etc. I have a cheongsam - I'd have a lot more.

I adore the color pink so I would have it be pink, maybe I'm just still a young girl at heart despite being 21. Of course the traditional Audrey Hepburn painting would have to be located somewhere, along with a multitude of flowers, the majority fake as to cut down on maintenance, but a few live ones here and there. I'd want a nice bay window with a bench that I can sit on, as to watch the rain fall or soak up the sunshine.

I'm thinking pink and white would be the predominant colors, pink for life!!!!

Question, do girls usually have bookshelves in there room? I can't think of one girls room I've been in that had a couple of big bookcases like I do in my room now. I love my books and would hate to lock them up in a room all by themselves!
    A Southern Belle of the 21st century.

Flickr link for the interested, http://www.flickr.com/people/ashleemara/

"To love oneself is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

girly girl
    I actually have my own "girl room" - and you would definitely know it was a girl's room! Not too subtle. I would say it probably looks like a girl 30 years younger than myself might have decorated it. What can I say, I like cutesy. No boy band posters or anything, but I did put in pink-with-white polka dot curtains, a huge pink shag rug, pink 60's style lamp with pink and white light bulbs, some flowers and little stuffed animals here and there. I have a antique desk with a large wall mirror I use as my vanity. I keep my perfume bottles, nail polish, jewelry chests, and my white heart-shaped earring tree on display there. There's a Marilyn Monroe poster inside the closet door. I wish I had room for a frilly white bed and one of those nice full length floor standing mirrors, but it's a small bedroom.