Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ridiculed for being a H H

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    If it works for you guys who cares what others think?

Maybe your wife's family members that have a problem with it should stop dragging their knuckles on the ground and get up with the times.
    It has nothing to do with them...

You made the decision, i'm sure if you made your wife stay at home and you were the breadwinner they'd have something to say too.
    i am what I am, I do what I do..
    i do not seek approval from others.

I did that for the first three years of my daughter's life. I learned a lot about what it takes to be an effective parent, and I'm much closer to my kid today because of it. There were those around me that were critical (this was 42 years ago). I would just smile and tell them they could stick their opinion where he sun didn't shine.

Jodi

My wife and I are a team I work away from home a job, she works at home raised the kids cooks on and on! Definitely a job! I am sure your wife really loves coming home from work and not have to work all over again. You are a team working together to get it all done, well done! it is fantastic when you are both happy and what a bonus to have a wife who is okay with crossdressing and better helps out and buys you things! You are a lucky girl. I think next time anyone gives you crap about being at home just tell them "I guess I am just lucky!" wink!

Girl from the Eagles Nest reb.femme's Avatar
    Hi Andrea,

Brings to mind the old saying, "you can chose your friends but not your family". I can sympathise with the job situation at the moment, wages are either stagnant or going backwards in the IT field and Finance is a difficult industry at present. Kids are hard work, we managed to fledge 3 from our nest a few years back. Oh, and we changed the locks afterwards

Rebecca
    Flying high under the spell of life!

http://www.rebsweb.co.uk

Banned Read only
    Andrea, my wife and I have friends and acquaintances in the same situation. The wife works as a teacher, and, husband stays at home doing whatever is necessary. Sometimes it comes down to fundamental economics. Is it worth taking a low paying job, if the wages are eaten up by taxes, child care, transportation costs and business attire? No. And, what about proper supervision? Are the kids going to be better off raised by a child care provider or run the streets. I have always been of the opinion a family should, whenever possible, be supported on one income.

I think it is admirable that you take care of the domestic chores and take care of the children. It is also admirable you are taking courses that are of interests.

If you're taking hell from your in-laws because you're in a 'non traditional' marriage role, it may very well be someone is jealous. And, why isn't your wife getting hell too. After all, isn't she part of the non traditional role playing.

I'm retired with a working wife. I do all the domestic chores, and, do them en femme. That is a lot of motivation to do my chores.

Just ignore your in-laws. After awhile you'll find your kids will take notice and start distancing themselves from their grandparents.

Crossdresser
    Those people will look down on you thinking you are weak and not confident because you don't have a job. However, when they are down or struggling they will be the first ones to ask you for help instead of their working friends because they need to protect their image. Certainly those are the kind of people you do not want to let know about your CD'ing. Drive them away by constantly asking them to do things for you. Then they won't even want to see you anymore.

No matter what's said, I actually think gender roles have swung back the opposite ways from how it was starting in the late 60s / early 70s, to how it was maybe in the 50s. Know, I am not saying life is now how it was back then (obviously, it wasn't), but the acceptance of people being outside expected norms really is approaching how it was back then. So, sure, people will say "it's ok," but they really don't mean it.

Tanks for all the wonderful advice. My wife's uncle told me in a sarcastic tone "Your only happy when some else is picking up the tab" we were visiting them at the time like a little family holiday I left there home at the next available opportunity and haven't been back since maybe next time we visit I could go en femme cor that would be interesting

Quote Originally Posted by Jorja View Post
    Allow me to ask, are you and your wife happy with your current arrangement? Are your kids well cared for, happy, and well adjusted? If so, who cares what others say. They are just jealous that they cannot stay at home too.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tracii G View Post
    If it works for you guys who cares what others think?
    Guess I side with Jorja and Tracii here. We have several non-TG friends who are house husbands for various reasons, and no one seems to mind that. Now I consider myself a "house person" -- funny how my boobs, wig and a dash of lipstick help get the housework done!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Proud member of the Lacey Leigh Fan Club

Banned Read only
    I've been a stay at home dad off and on by choice since 2006. When investments are good, play. When we need to "stock up" I become an exec again. Currently on the stay at home dad routine. My father in law and my mother both get all worked up over it. They believe the old fashion approach. The wife stays home, the husband works. In the US, the collapse in 2007/08 caused most husbands to be stat at home dads because employers could hire woman for less for the same job. Pitiful personally but it's business.

My wife supports the decisions if its best for our family but in the end, we are happy and we don't listen to any one else.

If your situation works for you and your family, I would say you have too answers to give. One very polite and one where you get way too much harassment.

1) Considering our situation, whenever our children are at home, a parent is always with them and I feel that this will give them the best upbringing that they could possibly get anywhere.

2) I don't give a crap what you think. F&%K Off

As we say in The States: "Stick happens!"

Your circumstances have changed, your wife and yourself came up with a coping strategy to deal with the problem. It's between the two of you, and it's your business! I would gently remind your relatives that it's not their affair, and they should keep their opinion's to themselves. If they keep up the commentary/abuse, you have every right to purge them from your personal life. If your wife chooses to listen to their "words of wisdom," that's her own choice, but you don't have to participate.

The jokes and commentary have to be getting old. Some people are dumb-asses and don't know when to stop. If you attend family gatherings, Your probably stuck with the occasional rude/crude observation. JUST KEEP CALM, AND WALK AWAY. Remember, they can't "play the game" unless you play too.

Peace and Love, Joanie