Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossdressing beats drinking as a stress-relief habit

Crossdressing beats drinking as a stress-relief habit

Hope y'all don't mind a lighthearted thread. An MtF crossdresser once told me the crossdressing was a way to relax and relieve stress, and was also fairly addictive. I thought, "Well, it beats drinking." So here's my list of:

Why crossdressing is better than drinking as a relaxation/stress-relief habit:

1. Crossdressing will not, in and of itself, leave you with a hangover.
    2. Nobody ever crashed his car simply because he put on panties half an hour before he got behind the wheel.
    3. I have never heard of a "lingerie blackout." (Pink fogs, maybe, but no blackouts.)
    4. Crossdressing will not damage your liver (unless your corset is EXTREMELY tight, and then all bets are off.)
    5. Extensive crossdressing will not interfere with your sleep cycles or weaken your immune system.
    6. After crossdressing, you WILL be able to walk a straight line, and you might even be able to do it in high heels!

So… if it works for you, go for it!

It's also not fattening...if anything, our crossdresing encourages us to slim down and watch our weight so that we can fit into those cute skirts, tops, and dresses that always call out to us when we go shopping.

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar
    7. It's difficult to even think of getting all pissed of or in a road rage rage moment with the possibility of breaking a nail.
    8. "Falling off the wagon" could be a good thing especially if you were sitting on the wagon in a pretty skirt and a garter belt at a photo shoot.
    9. There's no closing time!
    10. After you spend money on your CD habit, you end up with a nice wardrobe to show for it.
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 02-02-2013 at 08:29 PM.

Senior Member Read only Allison Chaynes's Avatar
    Well said Cynthia!

Why not do both, everything in moderation!

Very cute!!! And yes, everything in moderation!!

I LOVE it!
    Yes, I have noticed I drink little or nothing after work, when I'm expressing myself as Myself.
    No need to "knock back a couple to relax". I am relaxed

True walking in heels has helped me in more way than one.

Hello Cynthia

Thank you for recognising that crossdressing does not have any negative health effects other than the consequences of garments that are too tight. That is very important and not to be taken lightly. I suspect the list of negative health effects of excessive alcohol consumption is longer than posted above.

Another advantage:
    13. Crossdressers have a better chance of being mentally stable than alcoholics.

Quote Originally Posted by Cynthia GG View Post
    2. Nobody ever crashed his car simply because he put on panties half an hour before he got behind the wheel.

True but he may have if her heel got stuck under the gas pedal lol

Great list Cynthia! Thank you for sharing it with us
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Quote Originally Posted by giuseppina View Post
    Hello Cynthia

Thank you for recognising that crossdressing does not have any negative health effects other than the consequences of garments that are too tight. That is very important and not to be taken lightly. I suspect the list of negative health effects of excessive alcohol consumption is longer than posted above.

Another advantage:
    13. Crossdressers have a better chance of being mentally stable than alcoholics.
    Good points, giuseppina, and sadly, binge drinking and alcoholism in general - although increasingly more frowned upon - are still more socially acceptable than crossdressing for no better reason than their being more common, and more people being able to relate to them directly.

Taken at face value, heavy drinking is far more destructive personally as well as to one's relationships with others than crossdressing can ever be. When was the last time anyone heard of a crossdresser in a "pink fog" rage beating up on their spouse?

I don't drink so I do not know anything better.
    I may not drink but I do not believe in dry weddings either.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    You end up with a massive make up collection for hours of fun in front of the mirror.

I used to dink heavily when I was hiding Andrea from my wife. But now I dress at convenient times and drink a hell of a lot less life is good!!!!!!!!!

I totally agree. Come to think of it, I would like to do both when I get a chance. Drinking alone in my room late at night is very relaxing plus being able to sleep in my outfit would be heaven. Maybe I can have a dream where I'm all dressed up.
    I don't dress to impress, I dress to outdress

well as a matter of fact, i started to crossdress after my divorce, it has definitely helped me to beat the stress and as cynthia, suggests, it is safe and can be used to relax and enhance sexuality.

Pretty much Hon. Damn, you know all of our secrets.
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

The only stress comes from "How am I going to pay for those Jimmy Choo heels????"

Molly
    "To thine own self be true"

Aspiring Member
    superb cynthia you have made my day sis

hugs

giselle reeves

Totally agreed. I've said for years that dressing is my "outlet". Never actually thought about all the pros about it. Now I like it even more!

Quote Originally Posted by Mollyanne View Post
    The only stress comes from "How am I going to pay for those Jimmy Choo heels????"

Molly
    This might be the one negative that I see too, I may have already spent more on clothing and accessories that I ever could have spent on booze.
    Stephanie

Unfortunately for me, my ritual martini(s) in the evening is displacing time that could often be for dressing. Trouble is, my wife isn't thrilled with the crossdressing, so perhaps it's a big reason why I drink instead. Did I mention she's not happy with my drinking, either? No way out.

this is soooo cute! love it

14. DWI ... Driving While InLingerie is not against the law...Unless it's the only thing you're wearing at the time....LOL
    I don't wear women's clothes, I wear MY clothes !

Love it!!!! You should add no one ever said don't cross dress and drive. Lol
    Live, Laugh, Love.........