Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: OMG! Filling Out Police Report Online: Gender Question Surprise

Part Time Lesbian Diva CassandraSmith's Avatar

OMG! Filling Out Police Report Online: Gender Question Surprise

Somebody, got into my car (unlocked door) and went through it. They took some parking meter change and didn't take anything else. When I went online to fill out the police report, the form got to Sex and it offered me these four choices:

Male
    Female
    Transvestite
    n/a

Of course you know which one I picked! Yes, male. I'm a big chicken. Still, it kind of blew me away.

Wow!
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 02-06-2013 at 05:47 PM.

I think I would have put down N/A!
    All I ever wanted was to be a girl. Is that really asking too much?

O.K., I can potentially see a fourth option here such as "other" or "prefer not to say" as I have seen that same question put in other surveys or profile questions of this nature, but "n/a" ???

Last I heard, "n/a" stands for "not applicable". What on earth would constitute a "not applicable" ??? Someone who is asexual? A eunuch? A pre-op transsexual? A "ladyboy"? David Bowie in his "Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars" phase"? Michael Jackson after so much plastic surgery that what remained of his nose practically had to be held attached to his face with Krazy Glue?

Actually, I prefer to mess with the minds of whoever is behind the survey questions that are put to me in such instances. I have been known to add "Yes" or "3 or 4 times a week" beside that infamous "Sex?" question just to keep them off-balance.
    Last edited by Leslie Langford; 02-04-2013 at 09:20 PM.

If the PD is so far back in time, they would probably think n/a meant not available - for a date!
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

Gold Member
    How about putting down; Unknown. LOL
    Rader

Swans have more fun! sandra-leigh's Avatar
    Sex of you, or sex of the perp??

It really asked that? Wow, they didn't even investigate my break in, I wonder if telling them I was a TG would have made a difference
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,

Possibly trying to determine if some transpeople are potentially the victims of a Hate Crime? Just guessing, as it is a generalized form, and you would also fill out that same report if you got a Beat-Down, or something similar.

BUT, I would have thought that they would have used something like: "Member of The Trans Community." I would think they update the Form with some regularity, and we have used other terms for a number of years. Not exactly real sensitive to our Community. Let them know if your displeased. Maybe they'll be more understanding, and change the Form.

Peace and Love, Joanie

when i get to the sex part on forms, seems like i can never find the "wherever and whenever" box...
    paula

Not sure I can figure out what is going on here. After reading your post I went online to the Portland, Oregon Police Department at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/cor/ , selected "Theft from Vehicle" and filed a first report ("Original") as an individual. When I got to Sex it offered me only two choices, Female and Male.

Was I filing a different report?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    "If you are living the life you want to live you've successfully transitioned to being the person you want to be." - Eryn.

"If you truly care about me you should damn well want for me what I want for myself" - Michael Westen (Burn Notice)

-.-. --.-/-.-. --.-/-.-. -../ Persephone™ and Persephone™ are trademarks of Persephone herself, accept no substitutes. The terms "en femme" and "en drab" originated with Marcia Sampson/Staylace (OBM).

That is an interesting one there are a few forward looking places and when I was asked once after placing a lost/theft report, he went through,
    Name, .... address, sex,..... and he gave me a little prompt.... "And don't say optional." I was in drab at the time.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

I don't know if the US is the same as the UK, would have thought there would be many similarities if not more foreward thinking in the US, but on official forms here (in the UK) many official forms related to public services do ask for nationality, culture and sexual orientation. This is supposed to ensure the service user is provided with a service that meets their individual needs and also to prevent discrimination against them on those grounds. It can lead to positive discrimination where stating you are transgender, CD or Transvestite for example may open up a wider range of services and higher level of support than if you just stated you were male.

Transvestite is not a sex. I have discovered that many "official" forms are terribly constructed, and show ignorance. Cops should know better.

Half of the school forms I have to fill out ask for my child's sex, the other half for my child's gender. They think it's the same. For my child it is the same, as far as I know. But what of those where it's not the same?

Sometimes I like to get a little mischievious when filling out forms. After filling in the blanks for name, address, city, state, zip, I answer
    Length of Residence: 40 feet not including the garage

I always answer "yes" to the sex question....

Jamie

Banned Spammer
    Between here and there but mostly here close to the donuts.
    Some time on the sex question I will mark OK call me.

That is really strange, especially the N/A. I would probably have chosen it though just to be a smart ass if they didn't have an "fill in the blank" spot lol
    Flip Flops were made for Beaches & Bath Houses, We have neither in 2017. Lose the flip flops!

Banned Read only
    I wouldn't file the report. If you had no loss other than the change, why file it?? If you submit such reports, it reflects poorly on your neighborhood. You'll contributing to potentially raising insurance rates in the neighborhood.

I suspect the category of sex of the respondent has more to do with accidents and moving violations.

I'm one for accurate data. People should know that there's a problem so resources can be directed to it. I know it seems like it might hurt but if crimes go unreported, it builds a false image of an area also. It could even mean that some more serious criminal activity moves in because people are seen as apathetic. Besides, this area is well known for petty auto theft anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie47 View Post
    I wouldn't file the report. If you had no loss other than the change, why file it?? If you submit such reports, it reflects poorly on your neighborhood. You'll contributing to potentially raising insurance rates in the neighborhood.

I suspect the category of sex of the respondent has more to do with accidents and moving violations.

I think when transvestite people stolen vehicle , other Witness's evidence can make mistake.

When a person used the car on female mode and male mode it makes complicate problem.

Your neibor may thought your female version as the thief
    Last edited by Lorileah; 02-05-2013 at 02:00 PM. Reason: consecutive post. please use edit button when multiposting at the same time frame

I suppose by "transvestite" they meant "transgender". And by "N/A" they meant "don't wanna answer". I think my reply would have been "Huh?"

Reminds me of something I once heard: one office sent another a request to list the alcoholics in their office, broken down by sex. The reply they got back said, "We don't have any alcoholics, but we do have a few people broken down by sex."

And then there was a woman who was applying for a civil service job and came across the question, "Do you favor the overthrow of the government by force, subversion or violence?" She thought it was multiple choice, so she answered, "Violence".

Annabelle

Quote Originally Posted by Persephone View Post
    Not sure I can figure out what is going on here. After reading your post I went online to the Portland, Oregon Police Department at http://www.portlandoregon.gov/police/cor/ , selected "Theft from Vehicle" and filed a first report ("Original") as an individual. When I got to Sex it offered me only two choices, Female and Male.

Was I filing a different report?

Hugs,
    Persephone.
    Are we just ignoring the evidence of a troll here? Why hasn't the OP explained?

Gold Member
    Transvestite? Transvestite?
    Crap, do they not realize that that is one of the words a TG hates?
    I mean it is worse than "she-male" or "lady-boy".

Transvestite sounds like some really hairy dude in a cheerleader outfit.

Scarlett - Not too likely a troll cause trolls don't normally make it to 300+ posts without getting banned.
    It takes a true Erin to be a pain in the assatar.

Kind of nice to have the option, but like Nicole mentioned above me, I don't identify as a transvestite. Anyway, the important question is this: Why when i look to see who posted a topic, I see so many girls from Portland and they all look teriffice. I just wish I knew all of you when I was in Portland last summer and exploring en femme. If I make it back, trust I will be looking you girls up.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Follow me on Facebook
    http://facebook.com/ceri4certain

Loves ordinary miracles SuzanneBender's Avatar
    Wow. They broke in and just stole change. How lucky is that. A couple of months ago I forgot to lock my door. All they got was a broken micro-cassette (Yes I said cassette) recorder and a 6 year old after market sattelite radio with no subscription. I have a theory... Thieves that steal from unlocked cars are a lot nicer than locked car thieves and they only take things that you really don't care about that much. Its almost like they are cleaning the junk out of the car for you. I bet if wey left a bottle of Armor All, glass cleaner, and a roll of paper towels they would even detail the insides for us. Time to get back on tangent.

I am glad that is all they got and, even though transvestite is really not all that PC, it says a lot for Portland that they have that option on the form. It must be nice to live somewhere progressive. "Thank you for calling the Portland Police Department. Press 1 if you are a pre-op transexual wishing to file a report. Press 2 if you are a post-op transexual wishing to file a report. Press 3 if you are a crossdresser wishing to file a report. Press 4 if you are genderqueer and wishing to file a report. Press 5 if you have not come out of the closet yet and/or somewhat still confused about where you fall on the gender spectrum. All you CIS gender people stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order it is received.
    See yourself as a soul with a body not a body with a soul" Dr. Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by scarlett View Post
    Are we just ignoring the evidence of a troll here? Why hasn't the OP explained?
    Click on this link and begin to file a report and you'll understand. Please refrain from outing behavior in threads. Also, it's kind of rude to accuse someone of trolling like this. Read my other posts and you'll see that I'm very considerate and thoughtful here and my goal is to make this a better place with interesting and factual posts and ideas.

Quote Originally Posted by missmars View Post
    I think when transvestite people stolen vehicle , other Witness's evidence can make mistake.

When a person used the car on female mode and male mode it makes complicate problem.

Your neibor may thought your female version as the thief
    I've never been in my car en femme. The victim is allowed to put their gender as TV. This isn't about me; I'm not the thief.

Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneBender View Post
    Wow. They broke in and just stole change. How lucky is that. A couple of months ago I forgot to lock my door. All they got was a broken micro-cassette (Yes I said cassette) recorder and a 6 year old after market sattelite radio with no subscription. I have a theory... Thieves that steal from unlocked cars are a lot nicer than locked car thieves and they only take things that you really don't care about that much. Its almost like they are cleaning the junk out of the car for you. I bet if wey left a bottle of Armor All, glass cleaner, and a roll of paper towels they would even detail the insides for us. Time to get back on tangent.

I am glad that is all they got and, even though transvestite is really not all that PC, it says a lot for Portland that they have that option on the form. It must be nice to live somewhere progressive. "Thank you for calling the Portland Police Department. Press 1 if you are a pre-op transexual wishing to file a report. Press 2 if you are a post-op transexual wishing to file a report. Press 3 if you are a crossdresser wishing to file a report. Press 4 if you are genderqueer and wishing to file a report. Press 5 if you have not come out of the closet yet and/or somewhat still confused about where you fall on the gender spectrum. All you CIS gender people stay on the line and your call will be answered in the order it is received.
    Incorrect city; please respect that some members are obscuring their identities on purpose. Also, I never mentioned the city that I filed the report in.
    Last edited by CassandraSmith; 02-06-2013 at 06:03 PM.