Thread: Boston University gender study--my offering

Boston University gender study--my offering

This is my first post, but I thought sharing some information I just provided a research PhD might be worthwhile. Here it is:

"The TSA account we discussed can be found at http://www.tsa.gov/traveler-informat...nder-travelers. I think it is very informative and supportive. I have also recently been on line with folks who have regularly traveled dressed and had both fun and no hassles.

Here are two insights that I totally would have brought up in our hour hour long phone interview if I had thought about it at the time:

1) There is a humorous quip that says women have a daily need to speak 60,000 words while men top out at 20,000 with the result that men get frustrated or annoyed when they get home to too much conversation and tend to tune it out. Another stereo type is that women openly carry and share their feelings much more than men do. As a guy, I find those trends to be quite accurate, but a strange thing happens to TG's who dress. Feelings, mutual support and friendships and totally being in the moment tend to take center stage with one another while business, competition, sports, politics, cars, blue humor and jokes are all decidedly curtailed. As for the word volume and expressions of enthusiasm, they also rise quite a bit to at least 30,000 words/day when dressed.

2) When a TG does not get out for a long time (whatever that means to the individual), there is often an overwhelming feeling of relief and pleasure when they finally get to fully express their feminine side and better still if done in public. It is a breath of fresh air and we breath it in deeply. (This of course is most pleasant for those who have accepted themselves and are not riddled with shame, fear and guiilt.) To translate that idea into "girl talk", it might be a little like you going for far too long without washing your hair and then finally getting a luxurious shampoo.

My fiancee asks an interesting question: are you enjoying the vacation from your male roles and responsibilities or are you "going there" totally for the pleasure of expressing your feminine side? I don't have an answer for that, but I think the question is worth noting and investigating. I suspect it is a combination of the two. A follow up question might be as to how a guy can live his life as a guy but incorporate his access to feelings and sharings more readily without having to keep both personalities at such a distance from one another."

I look forward to getting to know more of you. I thank Leann for introducing me to your site. It will take me awhile to get up to speed on your rules and regs, but everything I have seen has been very interesting and promising. Good luck to us all!! Debbie

Hi and welcome Debbie. While some do find relief or maybe even permission to act on feminine traits when dressed, I'm always chatty and can be fairly emotional. It took a lot of years to hide the emotions and I still do that when dressed, but I've never bothered trying to hide the talking :-) It's probably closer to 100,000 words per day if I'm with a lot of folks ;-)

I am going there to express my feminine side.
    I believe there are rules and copyright restrictions on this site about writing thesies and possible exposure to individuals.
    I somewhat agree with your point # one and #two is also on track.
    I welcome you to the forum, but others may be hesitant until you can establish some bona fides.
    Yes get up to speed and ask intelligent and probably not too searching questions and you should be ok.
    Feedback from you on your activities and what you think would help everyone involved as trolling is definitely a no, no.
    Work on your elegance,
    and beauty will follow.

Welcome Debbie

Your link to the TSA site is appreciated and when you get more than 10 posts, maybe you could post that link in a separate and specific topic.
    When writing the next chapter in your life, start with a pencil and eraser - my first page as Miki is full of eraser marks.

I type about 50,000 words a day, but the forum mods delete most all of them. haha....just kidding, mods

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    I type about 50,000 words a day, but the forum mods delete most all of them. haha....just kidding, mods
    Now, now Nicole don't get me started. I talk so much, I answer my own questions after awhile.. But I digress...
    Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Quote Originally Posted by NicoleScott View Post
    Hmm... taunting the mods huh?

ps Debbie, post an intro in the introduction section
    The earth is the mother of all people and all people should have equal rights upon it.
    Chief Joseph
    Nez Perce

“Love isn't a state of perfect caring. It is an active noun like struggle. To love someone is to strive to accept that person exactly the way he or she is, right here and now.” - Fred Rogers,